why are the mp4 files only 3 minutes long approx, 3.5 gb
3866 5 2021-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucky Tom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2165 ft
United States

In post production I find it annoying to work with 3 minute MP4 files.  The size is 3.5 gb I believe.  Am I missing something, is it possible to create larger files so post production is a little easier?

2021-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is a file system limitation of 4gb for the files so to maximise compatibility they get chopped up.
2021-12-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Lucky Tom. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you.
2021-12-5
Use props
Vincent Leclerc
lvl.4

Hong Kong

As far as I know, larger file gives you more details in post production. Currently I'm working on my video in TunesKit AceMovi, larger files do take more time to load, but the final video sure looks better with more details and accuracy.
2022-2-15
Use props
NAP3XD
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-12-5 20:31
Hello there Lucky Tom. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you.

Thanks for sharing. This is exactly the answer.
2022-6-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there NAP3XD. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules