828 11 2021-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

This debacle from DJI sounds like a lot of the learning curve we have recently experienced (and may so again) with the recent overwhelming virus problem. Sometimes "they" know and other times they do not. Get used to it. The recent attitude is to not trust experts in their field. False. We have to focus again on what is possible and attainable no matter what others say. Rant over. Have a very nice day if you can.

2021-12-2
Use props
BertrandR
lvl.2

United States

Too deep for me.
2021-12-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well. maybe for me too ;-)
2021-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well said Gary.
2021-12-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It is a typical complex tech product release pattern.
(no that is not an existing term afaik)
- New product release
- People buy the new product
- They find it has bugs
- Start looking online and find youtubers that need views that are screaming about XX THINGS I WISH I KNEW BEFORE BUYING and similar complainers on forums etc.
- Now they are regretting their purchase a bit and feel let down by the manufacturer
- The also notice there are things 'different' than expected and start researching for more 'problems'.
- This leads into more regret and more complaints.

While in fact the majority of the complaints are not bugs, just things that are different.
So while the manufacturer should (and usually will silently) fix the bugs, the rest is just 'getting used to' the new way of working.
And THB, if I would have a M3 right now, I would just start flying and work around the minor things that are different.
It is a real beast of a drone as is.
2021-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The problems with this drone are completely dwarfed compared to the numbers complaining about M2 when it was released and in turn when M1 was released the place was in total disruption for almost 10 months.
So there is nothing new happening here and Monty has explained it very well above. But one pattern has stuck with these new drones from dji is they do improve as we all get used to them and with the help of fine tuning FW Sw release most of what’s going on will fade away.

2021-12-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ahh, so the buzz word of the day is

P A T I E N C E
2021-12-3
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with the call for patience.  Am I disappointed in the actual product now that I have my hands on it? Yes.  Am I concerned that DJI will not eventually fix it?  No.   Firmware updates are coming and I have faith that it issues will be resolved and features delivered.  As far as the hype of disappointment, it seems like emotions are on high.  This has been true for everyone particularly during the era of Covid and post-Covid.  It seems like everyone is quick to go zero to 60.
2021-12-3
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 12-3 00:40
It is a typical complex tech product release pattern.
(no that is not an existing term afaik)
- New product release

So true about certain youtubers, they're just a bunch of dirty liars
2021-12-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Monkey007 Posted at 12-4 12:16
So true about certain youtubers, they're just a bunch of dirty liars

I never said that
But some will scream for attention
2021-12-4
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 12-3 00:54
The problems with this drone are completely dwarfed compared to the numbers complaining about M2 when it was released and in turn when M1 was released the place was in total disruption for almost 10 months.
So there is nothing new happening here and Monty has explained it very well above. But one pattern has stuck with these new drones from dji is they do improve as we all get used to them and with the help of fine tuning FW Sw release most of what’s going on will fade away.

Applies to literally any consumer electronic product and software, and unfortunately forums and youtube attract haters and complainers
2021-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Monkey007 Posted at 12-4 12:21
Applies to literally any consumer electronic product and software, and unfortunately forums and youtube attract haters and complainers

It sure does.
2021-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules