766 11 2021-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was about to order a kit of ND filters for my Mavic 2 Zoom.
This apparently necessitates the removal of the lens protector glass by unscrewing it.
I have been unable to uncrew this from the gimbal, no matter how hard I try.
I'm scared of using greater force for fear of damaging the gimbal or the lens.
Anyone else had this problem?
No point in buying the filters if I can't get this ring off.
2021-12-3
Use props
Jonboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 436152 ft
United Kingdom

or use thin leather or rubber strap, twisting it with fingers distorts it and make it harder to twist off.
jon
2021-12-4
Use props
Jonboy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

its worth doing i put filters on my old zoom
2021-12-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jonboy Posted at 12-4 07:40
[view_image]
or use thin leather or rubber strap, twisting it with fingers distorts it and make it harder to twist off.
jon

Ah. Is that gadget supplied with the kit of DJI filters I wonder?  Meantime i'll try with a small supple leather strap as you suggest.
2021-12-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jonboy Posted at 12-4 07:46
its worth doing i put filters on my old zoom mavic 2 zoom with filter on

Really nice. Yes I'm convinced of the usefulness of the filters. if I can only get the darned protector ring off   I'm a bit concerned also that the filters might be fiddly to fit, with such a fine thread.  My hands are no longer the steadiest.
2021-12-4
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Jonboy Posted at 12-4 07:46
its worth doing i put filters on my old zoom mavic 2 zoom with filter on

Hi Jon boy,
Nice video. I do not know where this was filmed, but I do not think in Africa. Got emotional when I heard  that familiar music of the Xhosa language after living 5 years in Africa.
Edit: Now I found out where it was filmed. It was in Llangynidr is a village, community and electoral ward in Powys, Wales, about 4 miles west of Crickhowell and 9 miles south-east of Brecon. The River Usk flows through the village as does the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal. It is in the historic county of Brecknockshire. According to Google.
2021-12-4
Use props
Jonboy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 12-4 10:02
Hi Jon boy,
Nice video. I do not know where this was filmed, but I do not think in Africa. Got emotional when I heard  that familiar music of the Xhosa language after living 5 years in Africa.
Edit: Now I found out where it was filmed. It was in Llangynidr is a village, community and electoral ward in Powys, Wales, about 4 miles west of Crickhowell and 9 miles south-east of Brecon. The River Usk flows through the village as does the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal. It is in the historic county of Brecknockshire. According to Google.

correct it is just 5 mins from where i live
2021-12-4
Use props
Jonboy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 12-4 08:22
Really nice. Yes I'm convinced of the usefulness of the filters. if I can only get the darned protector ring off   I'm a bit concerned also that the filters might be fiddly to fit, with such a fine thread.  My hands are no longer the steadiest.

their are push on ones like the pro style ones here mavic pro so am sure if you investigate you may find similar if the pro ones do not fit?
jon
2021-12-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think I have seen the use of rubber gloves suggested, to get agrip on the filter. Just make sure that YOU stop the gimbal 'rolling' rather that the gimbal's roll stop stopping the roll.
2021-12-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-4 15:21
I think I have seen the use of rubber gloves suggested, to get agrip on the filter. Just make sure that YOU stop the gimbal 'rolling' rather that the gimbal's roll stop stopping the roll.

Not even the Marigolds will shift it.  It's like it's welded on.  They must have used too much Loktite on assembly. I daren't put any more force on it for fear of damaging the gimbal (also held firmly)
2021-12-5
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine was the same, but read somewhere that it was common on the M2Z, I just went for it with a good hand grip and it came off and no problems since when changing.
2021-12-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Grimtheviking Posted at 12-15 12:48
Mine was the same, but read somewhere that it was common on the M2Z, I just went for it with a good hand grip and it came off and no problems since when changing.

I've still not managed to release it.  I'll have another go tomorrow, as I've ordered the filters and they're on the way via DHL.
2021-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules