Iphone 7 and MAVIC Air 2S
1509 4 2021-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidbo
lvl.1

France

Hi,

I have a new MAvic Air 2S but I have trouble with my Iphone 7... When I go in "camera view" on DJI Fly, my Iphone 7 switch off ! I read once that my Iphone 7 performances will modify drone performances but I don't understand why... Iphone 7 is part of the compatible IPhone list and iOS release is 14.8.1
Any idea ?

David
2021-12-3
Use props
MikeMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677031 ft
United States

David,  I have an iphone7 and I don't have that problem.  However, I've learned that it is barely capable of running the Fly app, and I often get the 'Mobile Device CPU Fully Loaded' error.  In the summer on hot days it happens constantly.  When this happens the controller still functions but the app freezes or lags so very disorienting.  I'm about to upgrade my phone, but FYI.
2021-12-3
Use props
borufeiji
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32096 ft
United States

Any idea if an iPhone 6s (with iOS 15.2) will work with the controller? The DJI Fly app installs and runs on it, but as I haven't yet received my Air 2S I can't try it. I'd like to use my old, spare iPhone 6s on the controller instead of my regular phone because what happens if I get a text, call or other notification while flying? I'd rather not have anything pop up on screen while flying. I can turn off everything on the 6s (and uninstall unneeded apps) and use it just as a dedicated control screen while keeping my regular phone in its normal mode in case I need it.
2021-12-15
Use props
spetersen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501952 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

borufeiji Posted at 12-15 06:01
Any idea if an iPhone 6s (with iOS 15.2) will work with the controller? The DJI Fly app installs and runs on it, but as I haven't yet received my Air 2S I can't try it. I'd like to use my old, spare iPhone 6s on the controller instead of my regular phone because what happens if I get a text, call or other notification while flying? I'd rather not have anything pop up on screen while flying. I can turn off everything on the 6s (and uninstall unneeded apps) and use it just as a dedicated control screen while keeping my regular phone in its normal mode in case I need it.

I would not recommend using iPhone 6S, I got error message (Mobile device fully loaded) all the time so I switched to iPhone 11and iPad Air 2020, recently and those seem to work well
2021-12-19
Use props
borufeiji
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32096 ft
United States

Is there an official list of devices (Apple or not) that DJI recommends to use with the controller? If I need to buy something, I’m thinking a less expensive device than something Apple.
2021-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules