Charging Mavic 3 while powered on? (on ground)
2232 2 2021-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CargoAdvice
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27136 ft
Netherlands

Hello,

Is there any way to charge the drone while it's powered ON and on the ground?  Or is there any way to remotely power ON/OFF the drone?

I am asking this because I think this is done by almost all Charging Pads (wether it's Skycharge/Skysense or Heisha DPad, or any other)

Those charging pads always require a (one or more) little connector(s) on the feet of the drone. So when it lands it makes contact to the charging pad.  However, the drone is still powered ON at that time and as far as I know (and tested) it's not possible to charge the Mavic 3 using the USB-C port while powered on.
So my question is: How is that done?
I can imagine 3 possible answers:
- It just need a manual intervention each time after the drone has landed; To turn it off. When you want to fly away then again it needs manual intervention: Turning it on.
- There is a firmware or secret setting 'hack' so it can be charged while powered on or it will enter a semi-standby mode.
- There is a way to remotely turn on/off the drone. Maybe via a firmware hack?

2021-12-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I dont believe there is any way to do this currently.
2021-12-4
Use props
CargoAdvice
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27136 ft
Netherlands

I heard that the Mavic 2 Pro and Enterprise have no problem with this. They can charge while the drone is powered on and can take off while there is a cable in the USB port. Can someone confirm this?
2021-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules