DJI fly does not work android 12
3009 5 2021-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WillAleks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1346417 ft
Brazil

Recently I've updated my phone s21 ultra to android 12 and since then I'm basically unable to use my DJI fly.
When you first time run it (after installing or cleaning data) it works, but if you close and try to reopen it will never work again, it crashes during the DJI splash screen.
I don't know what to do, Samsung was keeping sending me notifications about the new update to android 12, so I installed, but I had no ideia about DJI lack of compatibility for android 12, that's a shame how DJI doesn't support properly Android phones, the apk isn't even available at the play store. In the case of the android update it should be everywhere "do not update your android to 12 version".
I tried last week versión and today the 1.5.1 2025
2021-12-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Samsung S21 Ultra (snapdragon processor - not exynos) on Android 12 OS and the latest version of the DJI Fly App works for me without issue.  V1.5.1 2025.  

However, when the 2025 version came out I uninstalled the old version and installed the 2025 version as a clean install.  

Hope you get your issue solved soonest.
2021-12-4
Use props
Edwin T
lvl.4
Flight distance : 567375 ft
Malaysia

Yes, if issues persist, please try clean install again for the version 1.5.1 (2025). Download from the official link and reinstall again.

Here's the link below ;
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Reminder, before attempt to reinstall the apps, please safe keep those necessary file somewhere on your PC or some sort that store on your cloud, as attempt to reinstall the apps will wipe out all the sync photos and videos that save of the cloud.

2021-12-4
Use props
WillAleks
lvl.1
Brazil

I found the problem but it's something that I can't solve.
My phone is the s21 ultra exynos, it may be the difference
I installed the 2025 version and I found when the problem happens, when the app already have the "files and media" permission or receive the permission it can't run and crash.
If I launch it without this permission it runs, but as soon as I allow it crashes.
So I don't know how DJI will fix it, or Samsung, I really hate this permissions thing the android 12 brought, that's so annoying.
2021-12-5
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

It's not an OS 12 Issue because it works on my Google Pixel 3a with OS 12 it is apparently a Samsung issue.
2021-12-11
Use props
WillAleks
lvl.1
Brazil

I found a temporary workaround!
The problem isn't only the Media and Files permission, is the app trying to check something online during the splash screen, so if you open the DJI Fly in airplane mode it doesn't crash on Android 12/Galaxy S21 with Android 12
I'm going they fix it, but for now that's what we have
2021-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules