Mavic 3 climbing on it's own
866 11 2021-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans76b622a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121112 ft
United States

Went flying this afternoon, raised the altitude to 207 ft. and proceeded with forward flight, I was in normal mode.  Next thing I hear the RC Pro controller say, I reached maximum altitude of 396ft.  I did not have my left hand on the stick while this happened.  I brought the M3 back and landed, turned it off and changed the battery.  Took off again and raised the M3 to 150' and applied forward stick, once again the M3 climed on it's own and reached maximum altitide.  I noticed the M3 would auto climb at a rate of 3-5ft while going forward around 15mph.  If I go slower, say 5 -7 mpg it would not climb.

2021-12-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Some are saying this is caused by APAS.
2021-12-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

If you like upload your log for this issue.
use > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the uploaded link on here.

Climbing due to APAS in working will show as the height increase is done in steps.

cheers
JJB
2021-12-4
Use props
fans76b622a7
lvl.3
United States

JJB* Posted at 12-4 01:51
Hi,

If you like upload your log for this issue.

While flying in normal mode at 300' I noticed the occasional APAS warning "ring" on the RC Pro display.  As there was nothing in the path of the drone, I suspect the APAS is too sensitive, which is not a bad thing I suppose.  Several others on MavicPilots and DJI forums suggested to turn off APAS at altitude which I will test on Sunday.  Enhanced APAS was one of the driving reasons I purchased the M3 and hate to disable even at altitude.  Hopefully DJI can fix this on future FW updates.

If the M3 continues to auto climb with APAS turned off I will upload the logs.  

Thank you for the reply
2021-12-4
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans76b622a7 Posted at 12-4 06:21
While flying in normal mode at 300' I noticed the occasional APAS warning "ring" on the RC Pro display.  As there was nothing in the path of the drone, I suspect the APAS is too sensitive, which is not a bad thing I suppose.  Several others on MavicPilots and DJI forums suggested to turn off APAS at altitude which I will test on Sunday.  Enhanced APAS was one of the driving reasons I purchased the M3 and hate to disable even at altitude.  Hopefully DJI can fix this on future FW updates.

I am currently flying with the avoidance set to 'Brake' rather than 'Bypass' on a couple of flights today the aircraft did no climb or defend un-commanded, That's was flying forwards and backwards in Normal and in Cine mode. Maybe the APAS is over sensitive.
2021-12-4
Use props
fans76b622a7
lvl.3
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 12-4 07:37
I am currently flying with the avoidance set to 'Brake' rather than 'Bypass' on a couple of flights today the aircraft did no climb or defend un-commanded, That's was flying forwards and backwards in Normal and in Cine mode. Maybe the APAS is over sensitive.

Thanks for the information, I  will test  setting apas  to “brake” on my next flight.  I love the M3 and am confident DJI will work the bugs out….hopefully the big January update will address a multitude of issues.
2021-12-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans76b622a7 Posted at 12-4 06:21
While flying in normal mode at 300' I noticed the occasional APAS warning "ring" on the RC Pro display.  As there was nothing in the path of the drone, I suspect the APAS is too sensitive, which is not a bad thing I suppose.  Several others on MavicPilots and DJI forums suggested to turn off APAS at altitude which I will test on Sunday.  Enhanced APAS was one of the driving reasons I purchased the M3 and hate to disable even at altitude.  Hopefully DJI can fix this on future FW updates.

too sensitive is grrrr   i fly on height with APAS off.
bc when an false OA is seen, speed is rduced to zero, not nice for a smooth video....

cheers
JJB
2021-12-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I always change APAS to brake once im clear of obstacles, if set to bypass I also notice it tends to climb on its own.
2021-12-4
Use props
fans76b622a7
lvl.3
United States

Several test flights this afternoon revealed no auto climbing with apas set to Brake.  Tested flying into low sun with apas on Bypass and M 3 would climb in 3 foot steps.  It’s a shame we must turn off apas Bypass at altitude but I would rather have an over sensitive Bypass feature when flying low or around trees
2021-12-4
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

With it set to brake do you now get occasional hesitation instead of climbing?
2021-12-4
Use props
fans76b622a7
lvl.3
United States

Nicodema Posted at 12-4 16:15
With it set to brake do you now get occasional hesitation instead of climbing?

I did not notice that but will test it the next time I fly.  With apas set to brake, I could go forward and backwards without the,altitude changing.
2021-12-4
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now