DJI Air 2s will not connect to remote
12531 17 2021-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CDPBGFL
New

United States

Im sure this has been beat to death but..

Had drone about 2 months, flew it 2 days ago, worked fine. Performed update. now controller will not connect to.

Already spent 3 hours updating controller and drone on assistant. tried 3 cables, 2- 2021 Ipad 9th gen.. 1  i phone 11. no luck.

Removed app and reinstalled, no luck.

drone battery lights do not rotate in sequence when pushing to pair?  Controller lights do and audible beep is heard. Tried through camera view, pushing 3 buttons, etc..

Swapped SD card, no luck.

Any thoughts would be great and much appreciated.

Thank you.
2021-12-3
Use props
djisuer_oe3Qxgxjw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2055148 ft
Netherlands

Does your phone connect to the controller? If so, in the DJI FLY app select 'connect to aircraft' to re-pair the controller to the drone. Make sure that your drone is in re-pair mode. To do this: power on the drone, when it's fully powered on, press the power button on the drone again for about 4 seconds. If all went well, both the drone and controller are in the re-pair mode.
2021-12-6
Use props
Rrandall2828
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15197 ft
United States

Make sure the cable provided in the remote control & phone/laptop are plugged into the correct slot(s) because the ends will fit into the incorrect slot.
2022-4-10
Use props
Mshollenberger
New

United States

I am having a similar problem with my AIR 2S. I have done updates and refreshes on both the drone and the controller and made sure all the batteries are updated.  I have tried the repairing steps multiple in each case the controller stays beeping for about 60 seconds in re-pair mode and the drone beeps the first time the lights on the battery flash once and do one full circuit around and then returns back to displaying the battery level. From what I can tell it seems like the drone is not staying in the re-pair mode. Any help would be great!!!
2022-6-28
Use props
djiuser_uFE4IZ4LDA1Y
New
Flight distance : 166821 ft
Australia

Mshollenberger Posted at 6-28 08:21
I am having a similar problem with my AIR 2S. I have done updates and refreshes on both the drone and the controller and made sure all the batteries are updated.  I have tried the repairing steps multiple in each case the controller stays beeping for about 60 seconds in re-pair mode and the drone beeps the first time the lights on the battery flash once and do one full circuit around and then returns back to displaying the battery level. From what I can tell it seems like the drone is not staying in the re-pair mode. Any help would be great!!!

Hey there, having a very similar issues. Got sent a new replacement Air2s and after a few flights it lost connection to controller. Now no amount of firware updates and refreshing will allow me to connect to or pair with aircraft. Have deleted the app and re-installed but the aircraft just flashes yellow lights on the rear and refuses to pair, hoping someone knows another way to pair the controller to the aircraft.
2022-6-28
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

One thing that seems to help me, is to turn on my Smart Controller before the craft, sometimes it happens many times, and other times it connects right up.  Hope it helps.
2022-6-28
Use props
djiuser_Yq9HiRwjOphT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126286 ft
Ireland

Rrandall2828@gmail.com Posted at 4-10 13:02
Make sure the cable provided in the remote control & phone/laptop are plugged into the correct slot(s) because the ends will fit into the incorrect slot.

Hi all
Had all of the problems mentioned like not switching to go fly on my iPad I reloaded the app many times and sometimes it worked but never when I really needed it . BTW , no such problem with my iPhone.
The cure I found was switching on in a certain sequence.

1.   Power on remote control

2.  Power on drone

3.  Power on IPad  but don’t open DJI app .

4.  The app will open automatically and go straight to DJI fly .

5.  Then just takeoff.

Hope this helps . Let me know
Regards.Paul.
2022-12-16
Use props
djiuser_Vobi2rFhjiQC
New

Ireland

Mshollenberger Posted at 2022-6-28 08:21
I am having a similar problem with my AIR 2S. I have done updates and refreshes on both the drone and the controller and made sure all the batteries are updated.  I have tried the repairing steps multiple in each case the controller stays beeping for about 60 seconds in re-pair mode and the drone beeps the first time the lights on the battery flash once and do one full circuit around and then returns back to displaying the battery level. From what I can tell it seems like the drone is not staying in the re-pair mode. Any help would be great!!!

Did you get sorted with this? Mine also won't stay in pair mode, goes right back to battery level indicator
2023-1-30
Use props
djiuser_8SmKy7VgUVKA
lvl.1

Georgia

Hi there, anyone got solution for pairing mode?

My drone do not stay at pairing mode and I am unable to connect it to the controller
2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_8SmKy7VgUVKA Posted at 5-18 19:54
Hi there, anyone got solution for pairing mode?

My drone do not stay at pairing mode and I am unable to connect it to the controller

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you confirm what DJI drone and remote controller you're using? And have you tried updating or refreshing the firmware for both devices to see it if helps? Please keep us updated. Thank you.
2023-5-19
Use props
djiuser_aczxfRDZ5KqN
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-19 23:10
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you confirm what DJI drone and remote controller you're using? And have you tried updating or refreshing the firmware for both devices to see it if helps? Please keep us updated. Thank you.
I have been having same issue for a couple months now in my Air2S and RC-N1 controller. Both up to date with latest firmware. Fly app also recently updated. I’ll put drone into pairing mode but still the controller will not recognize. When I click on “connect to aircraft” the little popup just says “linking failed”, I hit retry and nothing happens. If I turn the controller and the drone off and on some number of times eventually some combination of that works and the controller connects, but it sometimes takes like 20-30 minutes of that. Extremely frustrating
2023-7-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_aczxfRDZ5KqN Posted at 7-2 11:02
I have been having same issue for a couple months now in my Air2S and RC-N1 controller. Both up to date with latest firmware. Fly app also recently updated. I’ll put drone into pairing mode but still the controller will not recognize. When I click on “connect to aircraft” the little popup just says “linking failed”, I hit retry and nothing happens. If I turn the controller and the drone off and on some number of times eventually some combination of that works and the controller connects, but it sometimes takes like 20-30 minutes of that. Extremely frustrating

Hi djiuser_aczxfRDZ5KqN. Sorry for the delayed response. Can you please send us a video of the operation for us to make sure we provide you with an accurate resolution?
2023-7-5
Use props
djiuser_ayeFn4Q97Ljt
New

Ivory Coast

Hello I've had a similar situation. My DJI RC couldn't connect to my AIR2S. Even though it did connect it and fly the day before and the last year it worked perfectly. So once at home, i upgraded everything, the drone and remote. Did the pairing process. No result. The DJI RC doesn't see anything. Actually now i can't even connect the drone with the assistant. I thought about downgrading the drone just in case but now i can't..
Is there any other way to connect a computer with a drone than USB-C Cable ? My fear is that the upgrade didn't go well but i don't know how to save it..
2023-11-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ayeFn4Q97Ljt Posted at 11-8 10:03
Hello I've had a similar situation. My DJI RC couldn't connect to my AIR2S. Even though it did connect it and fly the day before and the last year it worked perfectly. So once at home, i upgraded everything, the drone and remote. Did the pairing process. No result. The DJI RC doesn't see anything. Actually now i can't even connect the drone with the assistant. I thought about downgrading the drone just in case but now i can't..
Is there any other way to connect a computer with a drone than USB-C Cable ? My fear is that the upgrade didn't go well but i don't know how to save it..

Hello there. Have you already tried changing a different USB cable? Also please check and make sure to use the correct and latest DJI Assistant 2 software or you can try to reinstall it here: https://www.dji.com/gr/downloads ... sumer-drones-series
If the issue still persists, try disabling the digital driver signature on the PC. If possible, please try a different computer. Have a nice day.
2023-11-11
Use props
harmony
New

New Zealand

Same here. Was working fine a week ago, now won’t connect. Just finished paying off the Air 2S, and now I’m grounded… FFS.
1-18 00:20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

harmony@pegasuspark.co.nz Posted at 1-18 00:20
Same here. Was working fine a week ago, now won’t connect. Just finished paying off the Air 2S, and now I’m grounded… FFS.

Hi, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please follow our recommendations below:

> Remove the protective case if there's any.
> Test with a different mobile device if possible.
> Try to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable, and then check whether the remote controller is connected to the mobile phone.
> Try to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable, and then check whether the remote controller is connected to the mobile phone.
> Make sure the cable is properly connected from the RC-N1 going to the mobile device. In addition, you may try to plug in one end of the cable normally and upside down for further testing.
> Restart the remote controller and try again.
> Enable USB Debugging on your device.
> You may try to switch between "Charge Only" and "Transfer files" when this prompts upon connecting the device for further testing.

I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.
1-18 02:18
Use props
Philip Robinson
New

Australia

Hello

i am also having this issue.  I have been flying the Drone for a few weeks. This is my second Air2s and the first one never had an issue for 3 years. The connection to the drone started to have issues not connecting. Now it will not connect.  When the drone turns on the propers move but the drone does not beep and the gilmbal does not go through is usual routine.  All the lights go out and it does nothing.  holding the battery button for 4 seconds does not work. Changing cords does not work, changing batteries, deleting the app and re-installing.  there is no ware on the drone, controllers or cables.  A quality product like this should not work one day and not the next.  
It is very annoying that I can not fly and no one seems to have an answer to the issue.

3-25 03:11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Philip Robinson Posted at 3-25 03:11
Hello

i am also having this issue.  I have been flying the Drone for a few weeks. This is my second Air2s and the first one never had an issue for 3 years. The connection to the drone started to have issues not connecting. Now it will not connect.  When the drone turns on the propers move but the drone does not beep and the gilmbal does not go through is usual routine.  All the lights go out and it does nothing.  holding the battery button for 4 seconds does not work. Changing cords does not work, changing batteries, deleting the app and re-installing.  there is no ware on the drone, controllers or cables.  A quality product like this should not work one day and not the next.  

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please try to connect the aircraft and remote controller to the DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware then link them again to see if the issue persists? If the software did not recognize the drone or if the linking still does not work, please upload a short video showing the issue so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.

https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series
3-25 03:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules