It works with the Sennheiser Ambeo Binaural Headset!
885 3 2021-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Even DJI wouldn't have seen this coming - the Sennheiser Ambeo binaural headset, which was originally an iPhone-only device, works with the Action 2, using a Lightning > USB-C adapter.  This will be great news to binaural sound enthusiasts.  That headset handles wind noise quite well so it would be particularly useful on windy days.  Also it could be used as a very good substitute for the surround sound mics built into the screen module, if you were only using the battery module.  Here's the inevitable video...

2021-12-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting find.  Thanks for sharing.
2021-12-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting indeed!
2021-12-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks!  

Hey, DJI R&D - this video actually is a good example of a bug in the wind noise reduction system.  Listen carefully, ideally with headphones, when I am talking in the car at the start.  You will hear the clarity of my voice change all the time.  This is because all the internal  mics are on, in stereo, but there is low frequency rumble happening from the traffic outside the car (in which there is no air movement).  This rumble triggers the wind noise reduction (which I left on) and that reduces the sound to mono, changing  the voice clarity.  I wonder whether the wind noise reduction system needs some adjustment to avoid that happening?  I've seen other people have the same problem in YouTube videos.  Of course a fix is for the the user to turn off wind noise reduction when not required...
2021-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules