IMU calibration failed
1854 4 2021-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Afku3qmMqUOA
lvl.1
Italy

Yet another problem with this drone.
2 days ago the alarm appeared that "IMU calibration required".

Cold, I ran the IMU calibration, but step 1 proceeds very slowly and hangs in the middle.

I tried to change Ipad, I also tried with an Android device. I also tried to repeat the operation yesterday morning as soon as I turned on the drone, the room was very cold.
Nothing. It does not carry it out.
The overheating error appears first, and then the time out.

I also tried to change the remote control, since the strangest things happen with DJI.

To remove any doubts I repeated, under the usual conditions, the IMU calibration to another Inspire 2. And the calibration was performed correctly ...

I hope I don't have to send this drone for service.

Has anyone solved it?

2021-12-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Kindly please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software and update/refresh the firmware of the aircraft. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-12-5
Use props
alta.movie_aerials
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-5 05:15
Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Kindly please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software and update/refresh the firmware of the aircraft. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi, I solved the problem last night. We do not know why but the old FW that was inside was causing the IMU alarm. And not only. The drone did not complete the IMU calibration.

On this drone the problem manifested itself with firmware 01.02.0200, 01.02.0300.
When I tried the FW 01.02.0400 the alarm finally disappeared.

I repeat what I have already written in another post, I invite Inspire 2 users NOT TO USE the FW 01.02.0500 because it is potentially very dangerous for safety. In certain situations the drone cuts the power, and in the event of a headwind you risk not being able to return.
And if this happens in a city, there is a risk of doing a lot of harm to someone.
2021-12-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

alta.movie_aerials Posted at 12-5 06:43
Hi, I solved the problem last night. We do not know why but the old FW that was inside was causing the IMU alarm. And not only. The drone did not complete the IMU calibration.

On this drone the problem manifested itself with firmware 01.02.0200, 01.02.0300.

Thank you for keeping us posted and we're glad that you have already managed to isolate the issue. With regards to the said firmware version, we will forward this to our designated team for their attention. Thank you for your valued support.
2021-12-6
Use props
alta.movie_aerials
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-6 04:46
Thank you for keeping us posted and we're glad that you have already managed to isolate the issue. With regards to the said firmware version, we will forward this to our designated team for their attention. Thank you for your valued support.

Good morning,

I do not think it is necessary to forward what I have written about the Fw, because most likely in DJI I am aware of the problem.
But they chose the lesser problem.

If the user loses the drone because the power reduction has been activated, the fault lies with the user who used the drone outside the specifications declared by DJI ....

On the other hand, if a battery has a problem, the problem lies with DJI.

I assure you that the situation is really very clear.
2021-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules