DJI RC Pro will not pair properly
4666 7 2021-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DoctorRennie
lvl.3

United States

I just purchased a new DJI RC Pro to work with the Mavic 3 and I paired it but am getting the message "Connected Device not bound to aircraft.  You may continue flying with the connected device 5 time(s).  Connect to your bound device."  It lists the serial number of my old remote.  

Does anyone know how to fix this?  

Thanks,
Scott

2021-12-4
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You need to go into the Fly App, go into device management and bind to the remote. You many need to ‘unbind’ the original remote first.

I’m sure when it gives you the message there are options to replace the existing remote with the new one.

Binding is not the same as linking, binding links the serial number of your remote and drone together which is a requirement of DJIs flyaway insurance.

2021-12-4
Use props
DoctorRennie
lvl.3

United States

Buzzyone Posted at 12-4 09:43
You need to go into the Fly App, go into device management and bind to the remote. You many need to ‘unbind’ the original remote first.

I’m sure when it gives you the message there are options to replace the existing remote with the new one.

Got it!  Thanks for your help!
2021-12-4
Use props
fanse9088eae
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145341 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Buzzyone Posted at 12-4 09:43

I’m sure when it gives you the message there are options to replace the existing remote with the new one.

Hi, I tried to pair the RC PRO in 2 different drones, and I have the same problem, no bound... what can I do
2021-12-14
Use props
fans76b622a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121112 ft
United States

I have a similar problem, my RC Pro takes over a minute to connect with the M3.  Once it connects, I receive the message the controller and aircraft are not bound.  The message will go away after 10 or 15 seconds.
2021-12-14
Use props
SpYdErZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7825676 ft
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 2021-12-4 09:43

So how does one "un-bind"? Maybe thats just the thing I need to do.

I picked up a RC-N1 to try instead of my RC-Pro that came with the Cine because of the random disconnects I'm getting with the RC-Pro, but when I go into pairing mode, I can't get it to pair with the RC-N1. And I can tell it to re-pair with the RC-Pro and it re-pairs just fine.
2022-2-8
Use props
dmanthree
lvl.1

United States

Buzzyone Posted at 2021-12-4 09:43

I'll try that, but it doesn't see the drone, so how to bind that when it won't connect to it?
2023-11-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dmanthree Posted at 11-5 13:36
I'll try that, but it doesn't see the drone, so how to bind that when it won't connect to it?

Hello there. Is your problem linking the remote to the drone? Buzzyone is pertaining about binding. If the aircraft uses an unbound device, the flight times are limited to five. The error shows after you link the remote to a drone that is not bound to it.
2023-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules