DJI Go 4 crashing on start, Galaxy S21+, Android 12
12Next >
32593 42 2021-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yodermk
lvl.2

United States

Help!  Worked last month.  Running latest app version and recently updated to Android 12.

I uninstalled/re-installed, cleared cache and data, restarted phone, etc.  No change.  Just crashes immediately after I start it.

Same whether the phone is connected to the controller or not.

Just got my Part 107 and now I can't fly it?????????

2021-12-4
Use props
yodermk
lvl.2

United States

Ok, there is an app you can download directly from DJI's site, side-loading it, not using the Play Store version.  That one seems to work!
2021-12-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Android 12 is not yet supported by the apps.
2021-12-5
Use props
chririva
lvl.3

Poland

Same issue here, what to do now?
Just bought new phone galaxy s21+ to replace my broken phone and I'm unable to fly now.
New phones are coming with new OS, so what? From now on I can't use the 1400€ drone anymore? I'm still on warranty.
2021-12-6
Use props
fans23131bfe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 284190 ft
Singapore

It's Dec-2021, and I still have same problem. My S21 ultra on Android 12 is unable to open the DJI GO4 app. O even downloaded the DJI fly App from their website and installed using sideload method. Still can't get through. The app doesn't launch itself, crashes within fraction of a second.
What the hell is wrong with DJI developers? Can't they fix this issue?
2021-12-22
Use props
djiuser_f8jGcniImEmB
New

United States

Same issue here for an S21+. The app worked great a few months ago, now that I'm on a two week trip doing photography, it's suddenly crashing on every load. Is there any update on this? Is my $1k drone usable at all?
2021-12-25
Use props
yodermk
lvl.2

United States

Well, like I said, the DJI Go 4 upgrade, downloaded directly from DJI, not the Google Store, works for me now.  Do be sure it's Go 4, not just Go, because that one doesn't work with the Mavic 2.

But yeah, DJI needs to make this more obvious.  And why don't they use the Google Store for updates like everything else?
2021-12-27
Use props
yodermk
lvl.2

United States

In general DJI devs need to realize that new OS releases are coming and be sure there stuff is well tested with the beta versions before release.  Having this stuff roll out and break drones for users is totally unacceptable.  At MOST there should be like a week between a new OS release and a working app on it.
2021-12-27
Use props
fans59f2629b
New
United States

yodermk Posted at 2021-12-4 15:42
Ok, there is an app you can download directly from DJI's site, side-loading it, not using the Play Store version.  That one seems to work!

App from DJI website worked for me as well!! Thanks!!!

Google Pixel 3XL; Android12

2022-1-2
Use props
Felipe Gomes
New

Brazil

Hey guys
I was using my samsung s20FE and until the android 12 upgrade has come the GO4 app was working just fine. But now it wont work, even with the apk downloaded here in DJI website.
For me it displays an error about storage permissions. Even authorizing in system preferences, the app seems to cant recognize the permission. Anyone here has this issue?
2022-1-26
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1740699 ft
  • >>>
United States

First noticed this issue after pulling the M300 apk off the transmitter because DJI has yet to make it available on the play store or their website. Installed it on the Samsung Tab S7 and it would not open. Then I tried other apps, that were already installed, and had the same issue including the DJI Ronin app. Was happy to see they all still worked on the Samsung Note 20 until today. After completing the Android 12 security update ALL the DJI apps have now stopped working on the Note 20. DO NOT UPDATE YOUR PHONES OR TABLETS UNTIL DJI GETS THIS FIXED.
2022-1-26
Use props
RJSinMO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36834 ft
United States

Google is my friend, as are you guys!  EXACT same thing, S21+, crash on start, used to work, Android 12.  Download from DJI fixed it.  But, this has been a problem for at least 2 months and they haven't posted a fix to Play store?  Really?  Not like Android 12 just came out yesterday!
2022-2-3
Use props
djiuser_LH7D0J148GV0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 261027 ft
United Kingdom

Felipe Gomes Posted at 1-26 05:25
Hey guys
I was using my samsung s20FE and until the android 12 upgrade has come the GO4 app was working just fine. But now it wont work, even with the apk downloaded here in DJI website.
For me it displays an error about storage permissions. Even authorizing in system preferences, the app seems to cant recognize the permission. Anyone here has this issue?

Yes! Same here.

Message says "allow access to external storage and location services so DJI GO can save photos, videos, and flight records, import files to Editor, and display your location on the map"

But I checked my app settings and they're already granting access to the DJI GO app already, the bug doesn't seem to go away no matter what.
Screenshot_20220305-153034.jpg
2022-3-5
Use props
djiuser_qP0i34Eb0gW5
New

Denmark

Same here, Galaxy s21 ultra. Going to return the drone, no more DJI!
2022-3-7
Use props
Mathieu Tortuyaux
lvl.1

France

For my part, my S21 ultra, the BT keeps on disconnecting
2022-3-9
Use props
MTXFR
lvl.1

France

Mathieu Tortuyaux Posted at 3-9 06:15
For my part, my S21 ultra, the BT keeps on disconnecting

I have the same, keeps on disconnecting with my S21 ultra +. what a shame!
2022-3-9
Use props
fans63c244bd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221709 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yep, my s22+ is crashing straight away.  What is the app called you got off dji site? What section onnthe site is it? I can't find it
2022-3-29
Use props
Dave2103
New

United Kingdom

fans63c244bd Posted at 3-29 19:50
Yep, my s22+ is crashing straight away.  What is the app called you got off dji site? What section onnthe site is it? I can't find it

I've just realised my S20 plus has the same problem (closes instantly) I've just looked on the DJI site & the go 4 software is only supporting up to the S9+
2022-3-31
Use props
djiuser_TwII9r0WQFFz
New

United Kingdom

Can get it working on my Google Pixel 6 Pro on Android 12. Just go to DJI app downloads page (it won't let me post the link)

Download app from there (you may have to allow uninstalling unknown apps). That version works for me even though Play Store version doesn't.

Cheers

Daz
2022-4-22
Use props
eyecapture
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

djiuser_TwII9r0WQFFz Posted at 4-22 12:34
Can get it working on my Google Pixel 6 Pro on Android 12. Just go to DJI app downloads page (it won't let me post the link)

Download app from there (you may have to allow uninstalling unknown apps). That version works for me even though Play Store version doesn't.

You've actually flown with the Pixel 6? Or you're just assuming because the app launches and shows you the permissions set up? Because that's as far as I get. Once you get to the screen that shows enter device it will rotate back and forth (landscape/portrait) and then crash and disappear. The Go 4 app hasn't been updated since Pixel 6 launched so I doubt it's working for you.
2022-4-23
Use props
djiuser_bwH5Ekr0a13v
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459177 ft
United Kingdom

The only thing that actually fixed my app crashes on the fly app and that let me even open the DJI go 4 app was getting a new phone . The Motorola G20 lite work's perfectly .  I tried everything with the Samsung but the update killed it .
2022-4-27
Use props
djiuser_bsRD2TFRWqZb
New

India

Dji go4 is not run on Android 12 Samsung a52s 5g
2022-5-3
Use props
djiuser_vmgLOU8blg1R
New

Denmark

Great news. I have the same problem.

Do you have a link?
2022-5-7
Use props
Mattias Dammström
New

Sweden

Galaxy S22 Ultra and since it's not supported, same problem.
Can't find this working app a few people say exists but refuses to post a link to.

Also, DJI, Get a grip, there are a few of us that still like to use our drones but get new phones!
2022-5-25
Use props
Nuh7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 256411 ft
Turkey

Had the Same issue with the Go4 app and a Samsung S10. The download from DJI directly did the job. Thank you
2022-5-25
Use props
CMay
lvl.1
Brazil

With Samsung Galaxy S20 FE - Same problem here.
2022-5-26
Use props
ramsesp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 510725 ft

Germany

Mattias Dammström Posted at 5-25 10:42
Galaxy S22 Ultra and since it's not supported, same problem.
Can't find this working app a few people say exists but refuses to post a link to.

The apk from the DJI website also doesn't work on the S22Ultra (Link: https://www.dji.com/de/mobile/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4)   I'm quite shure that this is because of extended security measures in Android12. That's also the reason why you can't find the Go4-App in the Playstore      
2022-5-30
Use props
MomUv7
lvl.1

United States

Samsung S21 Ultra
Go 4 worked from the website until this week. Now it's not working on phone or tablets. Every device it shows there is bug in the app, then shuts down. After that it won't open at all. Got it to work on one of the tablets, until the drone was in the air and it froze up. This is more likely an android issue. I really dislike this phone!!!!
2022-6-5
Use props
djiuser_46JPFUod2w5D
New
Flight distance : 1030 ft
United States

Beyond disappointed in Dji. I'm experiencing the Dji Go 4 app issues that other people are having with samsung phones. Tried downloading the apk directly from dji and still doesn't work. Called djis technical support and was told my phone (Samsung galaxy s21 ultra) will no longer be supported, that I should buy an iPhone or switch to the dji mini series with fly app. Because spending $1500+ on my drone and extras wasn't enough!!! I have a big week coming up where I use my drone a lot and am now left side loading and learning a third party app to fly my drone!
2022-6-11
Use props
Chushpajz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824905 ft
Serbia

djiuser_46JPFUod2w5D Posted at 6-11 12:05
Beyond disappointed in Dji. I'm experiencing the Dji Go 4 app issues that other people are having with samsung phones. Tried downloading the apk directly from dji and still doesn't work. Called djis technical support and was told my phone (Samsung galaxy s21 ultra) will no longer be supported, that I should buy an iPhone or switch to the dji mini series with fly app. Because spending $1500+ on my drone and extras wasn't enough!!! I have a big week coming up where I use my drone a lot and am now left side loading and learning a third party app to fly my drone!

There are tons of threads on this matter, however seems like they simply don't care.. As a manufacturer of a serious equipment, they should consider giving more attention to their current products (which are not working for everyone) instead of making tons of new ones trying to grab as much money as they possibly can because they'll run out of business by doing so. :|
2022-6-15
Use props
njoela
New

United States

Been fighting this with both my new Samsung devices, an S21 5G  and a Tab S7+ 5g Tablet. Nothing worked. I downloaded Aloft and did the setup, now I'm flying again. The screen is a little wonky, All the text is really small and it doesn't have as many features, but I can Fly and take video and photos. Hope DJI gets it's head out of where it is and starts supporting the other half of us that aren't Apple fanboys.
2022-6-29
Use props
MartyPaz
New

United Kingdom

SOLUTION FOR ANDROID

I Spoke to DJI support and downloading the APK directly from their support site fixed the issue. They said it was a google Play issue as they couldn't update the release. I also told them they should be replying to disgruntled customers as it looks like they don't care. Mine is now working again. Hopefully some of you see this link

https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/products/mavic-2?site=brandsite&from=insite_search
2022-7-10
Use props
Yamiray
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20299 ft
France

MartyPaz Posted at 7-10 01:29
SOLUTION FOR ANDROID

I Spoke to DJI support and downloading the APK directly from their support site fixed the issue. They said it was a google Play issue as they couldn't update the release. I also told them they should be replying to disgruntled customers as it looks like they don't care. Mine is now working again. Hopefully some of you see this link

Even the last version on your link did not work on Galaxy S22.
2022-7-20
Use props
djiuser_Q9QfPXpfBUiY
New
Ireland

Hallo i have the same problem on my samsung s21 ultra. Can you help me? The dji fly app crash instantanolus
2022-8-11
Use props
nikkyo
New
Flight distance : 19783 ft
France

Same problem for me, Galaxy note 10 lite Android 12 , app still crash I downloaded it from dji site version 4.3.50 , I also tried older version but same problem. I can fly only by using litchi app, incredible situation...
2022-8-23
Use props
nikkyo
New
Flight distance : 19783 ft
France

Hello . Problem just solved, I got in contact with support, they linked me an older version of the app 4.3.48 instead of 4.3.50 , now it is working!!
2022-8-23
Use props
djiuser_5RrjVwsqvDSI
New
United States

nikkyo Posted at 8-23 07:48
Hello . Problem just solved, I got in contact with support, they linked me an older version of the app 4.3.48 instead of 4.3.50 , now it is working!!

Hey can you post link to this? The latest from their site is not working for me.
2022-8-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_5RrjVwsqvDSI Posted at 8-28 11:18
Hey can you post link to this? The latest from their site is not working for me.

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We have sent you a PM. You may have a check. Thank you.
2022-8-29
Use props
Krakozawr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250725 ft
United States

djiuser_46JPFUod2w5D Posted at 6-11 12:05
Beyond disappointed in Dji. I'm experiencing the Dji Go 4 app issues that other people are having with samsung phones. Tried downloading the apk directly from dji and still doesn't work. Called djis technical support and was told my phone (Samsung galaxy s21 ultra) will no longer be supported, that I should buy an iPhone or switch to the dji mini series with fly app. Because spending $1500+ on my drone and extras wasn't enough!!! I have a big week coming up where I use my drone a lot and am now left side loading and learning a third party app to fly my drone!

Same with my LG - the app downloaded from DJzi doesn't work anymore. I have iPad as the main device for flying, but I need it on my phone, too, for many reasons, now, it is gone. DJI, you must do something about this
2022-8-29
Use props
Jny007
lvl.1
Slovenia

Hi ALL!

After 5 hours of researching i tried this and it works on my Samsung S21+ with Android 12!

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11LIZInvIQvFpcAVZZAJEUx6TaWW9bTRS/view

File name:
DJI-v4.3.48_220812-1127-36628_official_sec (1).apk (261M)

Thankyou!
2022-8-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules