Random choppy video @ 2.7 60hz
548 6 2021-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Seamavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52779 ft
United States

Using the Sandisk Extream 128G V3 card.  Video is nice and smooth at 60 hz then judders for a second or two then back to smooth. Rinse and repeat randomly. Not using any ND filters in bright sunlight. Bit rate reported at 91 Mb/sec through media info.
Motion judder?  Seems to only happen during turns or forward flight., but randomly as above. Slight judder at 5.6k 30fps as well.

Thanks for any input!

2021-12-4
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2023829 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

as with all these questions: post an example.
2021-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can you share what you see?
There is quite a bit of solutions for this problem, but none make sense if we don't know what you are experiencing.
2021-12-5
Use props
Seamavic
lvl.2
United States

Thank you all. Yes I should have posted a 15 second clip but not sure due to file size.

Looks like my issue was trying to use VLC as a simple video player. VLC was a big fail on my gaming PC. Digging around I added HEVIC extensions to Windows 10 own Movies and TV player which made a huge difference. I ended up trying out one of my old go to's; mpc-hc64 which turned out the best of the lot, once I turned on the Vsync option. With mpc-hc64 (freeware that is sadly no longer supported) I have many tools available to tweek color including 10 bit RGB and Time base correction.

This should hold me over unless you guys and gals come up with better video players. Coming from the Mavic Pro, I still gots lots to learn.

Cheers!
2021-12-5
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Seamavic Posted at 12-5 17:15
Thank you all. Yes I should have posted a 15 second clip but not sure due to file size.

Looks like my issue was trying to use VLC as a simple video player. VLC was a big fail on my gaming PC. Digging around I added HEVIC extensions to Windows 10 own Movies and TV player which made a huge difference. I ended up trying out one of my old go to's; mpc-hc64 which turned out the best of the lot, once I turned on the Vsync option. With mpc-hc64 (freeware that is sadly no longer supported) I have many tools available to tweek color including 10 bit RGB and Time base correction.

Now your digging in the file properties to find whats wrong. VLC is a very capable player, potplayer is nice and so are plenty of others. But also this, without an example what do you want us to do?

I really don't get this. The file size is a problem to share? What? It's to big for youtube to upload? Just use your edit suite to extract a small portion of the enormous file... anything. Just show us what it is thats happening.
2021-12-5
Use props
Seamavic
lvl.2
United States

AlexanderK Posted at 12-5 23:27
Now your digging in the file properties to find whats wrong. VLC is a very capable player, potplayer is nice and so are plenty of others. But also this, without an example what do you want us to do?

I really don't get this. The file size is a problem to share? What? It's to big for youtube to upload? Just use your edit suite to extract a small portion of the enormous file... anything. Just show us what it is thats happening.

Alexander, so you used VLC to smoothly play back your Air 2s video straight off your memory card?  VLC worked fine for my lower bit rate Mavic 1 video.

Pot player? I will download this later in the day. You mentioned many other players so your way ahead of me.

Let me post a link for actual video as my original description must be lacking. Please use your VLC for playback. Thanks again for you time.
Edit:

Installed POTPlayer , appearse to be a south korean clone based on mpc-hc. Unfortunatly it crashed and burned when trying to open any media file. I will spend some time to see if any of the web based fixes work when time pemits.
2021-12-6
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Seamavic Posted at 12-6 09:03
Alexander, so you used VLC to smoothly play back your Air 2s video straight off your memory card?  VLC worked fine for my lower bit rate Mavic 1 video.

Pot player? I will download this later in the day. You mentioned many other players so your way ahead of me.

Playback from a memory card? I'm sure I can, when copying I get 90mb/s easy but why would I do that? I just copy my card onto the big raid thunderbolt disk and edit of that drive. Assessing the footage and selecting shots is done in my NLE.

POTplayer crashes and you cannot play any files with it? I don't know where or what you downloaded or whats going on with your system but that's not normal. If stuff like that happens I'm not surprised playback in another mediaplayer isn't running smoothly.

And really, how hard is it to post some shots
2021-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules