Mavic air 2 rear arm repair
1657 4 2021-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nezuko
lvl.1
United States

Hello, I just had a terrible fight in a windy weather. My Mavic Air 2 lost control and  the drone crashed awfully. The end parts of 3/4 of the arms were ripped off (2 front arms, 1 rear arm). Fortunately, other parts seem to still be working. I already ordered  replacement for the front arms (Which are disassembled). However for the rear arm it's a bit tricky. What I understand is that everything is fine (including rear led) except the cover was ripped off (and lost too , pls see the attached pic) but it seems there's no official replacement for this part. Could anyone suggest what I should do to fix this part? Thanks in advance!

rear_arm

rear_arm

2021-12-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is that grey wire disconnected? If so is there a broken track on the LED? board.
Since you have dismantled it I assume this is out of warranty, if that is correct then trawl the likes of ebay and the online seller for bits.
Or look for broken R rear arms with intact underside covers on ebays, some repairer sell off 'junk' like that.
2021-12-4
Use props
nezuko
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-4 17:05
Is that grey wire disconnected? If so is there a broken track on the LED? board.
Since you have dismantled it I assume thos is out of warranty, if that is correct then trawl the likes of ebay and the online seller for bits.
Or look for broken R rear arms with intact underside covers on ebay , some repairer sell of 'junk' like that.

Thanks for the response, I'll try to look for these parts on ebay.
A question though, because the front arms were ripped off, there are two cables (blue and yellow) seem to be disconnected. What are those cables for? The antennas seem to be ok though.
2021-12-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear about the accident with your drone. For fly safety considerations, it is not recommended to repair the drone by yourself. You may contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and send it in for a thorough diagnosis. We'll do our best to help this out.
2021-12-4
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do not understand your question. Maybe I am missing something.
If you are getting a new rear arm why is there an issue with the old one? Just replace it entirely.
Are you trying to replace just the arm housing? If so, why?

2021-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules