Can’t connect RC to iPhone 12 Pro Max
7022 7 2021-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MtnYeti
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

Just purchased my first DJI product, a Mavic Air 2.
Using with an iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 15 and the latest version of DJI Fly.

The issue I’m running into is that the phone will not recognize the control we when following the on screen setup under Connection Guide > Mavic Air 2 > Remote Controller Setup

The drone and control we are paired. I was able to validate this by using the wheel to tilt the gimbal up and down.

Tried with two different cables on three devices.
iPhone 12 Pro Max  - iOS 15
iPhone 12 Pro Max - iOS 14
iPad Pro 12.5in - iPadOS 15

Cable 1 - included usb c to lightning
Cable 2 - Brand new usb c to lightning

Uninstalled and reinstalled the app, restarting phone in between several times and cleared cache with no result or change.

Updated to latest firmware in between.

Getting  an “Accessory Not Supported” error from the OS when connecting.

Thought it might be an issue with the controller at first so exchanged the fly more kit for a different one at local retailer and repeated above steps.
Still no change.

I’m at a loss on what else to do.
Is there some know issue with the DJI Fly app in iOS regarding connection to the RC?
2021-12-4
Use props
Breschi
lvl.1

Chile

hola, tengo el mismo problema, no logro enlazar el control RC a ningun dispositivo iOS (iphone, pad) en andorid funciona sin problemas
2022-1-10
Use props
Breschi
lvl.1

Chile

hola, tengo el mismo problema, no logro enlazar el control RC a ningun dispositivo iOS (iphone, pad) en andorid funciona sin problemas
2022-1-10
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

Something to try --- Connect the charger to the RC, and leave it connected (charging) WHILE you connect the phone and launch the app.  I've seen similar discussions (primarily with iPads) where this workaround allowed the Phone/RC to connect.  After connected, you can disconnect the charger and proceed normally.

Not sure your problem is the same as the others, so no guarantees.

2022-1-10
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Simple question. Many have made this mistake. Is the USB-C plugged into the right side plug as seen from the front of the controller? The other on is just a storage spot.
2022-1-10
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

If you did not select trust on the prompt after the DJI Fly app launches the first time it would prevent you from connecting to the controller.  You may have to delete and reinstall the app to get the Verification promt again.
2022-1-13
Use props
fans8f9fbe44
New
Flight distance : 459879 ft
Mexico

Breschi Posted at 1-10 07:01

pudiste solucionar el problema? acabo de adquirir uno y me pasa lo mismo
2022-2-21
Use props
djiuser_bMJr3HMcrxMl
New

United Kingdom

Scott108 Posted at 2022-1-10 12:25
Something to try --- Connect the charger to the RC, and leave it connected (charging) WHILE you connect the phone and launch the app.  I've seen similar discussions (primarily with iPads) where this workaround allowed the Phone/RC to connect.  After connected, you can disconnect the charger and proceed normally.

Not sure your problem is the same as the others, so no guarantees.

This worked for me.  Thank you!
2-18 08:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules