Can i fly at rain or snow?
23352 28 2021-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nick.G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 153219 ft
Russia

On Youtube I saw pilots flying drones in snow and rain. Can my mavic air 2 fly in bad weather and for how long? If not, are there any accessories on sale that can cover the motors on the drone's beams?
The fact is that there is now a waterfall not far from my house, usually it is dry. But the last few days, the water has been gushing. I really want to photograph this beauty on a drone. But now it has been drizzling for a week, stops for a couple of minutes and drizzles again.
2021-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It is not adviced, but I have flown my Mavic Pro in a bit of rain without problems.
100% at your own risk of course.
I did encounter a problem, that was drops on the lens.
So even if you can make a successful flight, the footage might end up being not optimal.
2021-12-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We do not recommend flying the unit in snow and during rain as this might cause some issues on the unit. You may check the image below for the recommended temperature for the DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you for your understanding and support.

2021-12-5
Use props
Nick.G
lvl.3
Russia

Montfrooij Posted at 12-5 04:11
It is not adviced, but I have flown my Mavic Pro in a bit of rain without problems.
100% at your own risk of course.
I did encounter a problem, that was drops on the lens.

I nevertheless flew and photographed it) Literally a minute after landing, a downpour began. I'm lucky.)
But I will not risk it anymore))
2021-12-5
Use props
Nick.G
lvl.3
Russia

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-5 04:38
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We do not recommend flying the unit in snow and during rain as this might cause some issues on the unit. You may check the image below for the recommended temperature for the DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you for your understanding and support.

[view_image]

Thank you) in winter we do not have such low temperatures, but in the summer the drone wrote that it absorbs the heat load.
2021-12-5
Use props
Nick.G
lvl.3
Russia

Not exactly what I wanted to shoot, but I did it)
waterfall.jpg
waterfall.jpg
2021-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nick.G Posted at 12-5 06:01
I nevertheless flew and photographed it) Literally a minute after landing, a downpour began. I'm lucky.)
But I will not risk it anymore))

Only when the rewards is big!
2021-12-5
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

Electronics and water are a certain failure, because, for example, corrosion of the paths connecting electronic components.

2021-12-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Theres a couple of companies that sell drone wet suits for this purpose.  Although you wont find many here to recommend it.
2021-12-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Nick.G Posted at 12-5 06:02
Thank you) in winter we do not have such low temperatures, but in the summer the drone wrote that it absorbs the heat load.

You are most welcome and thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a good one!
2021-12-6
Use props
The french globetrotter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I did it one time with a big rain. The problem is the rain come on your lens and your footages is absolutely not usable …
2021-12-6
Use props
Nick.G
lvl.3
Russia

The french globetrotter Posted at 12-6 04:49
I did it one time with a big rain. The problem is the rain come on your lens and your footages is absolutely not usable …

The main thing is that it is not under the objective lens. But I am more worried about the fact that the water gets into the motors, because when you remove the blades, they are clearly visible.)
2021-12-6
Use props
Nick.G
lvl.3
Russia

DAFlys Posted at 12-6 01:25
Theres a couple of companies that sell drone wet suits for this purpose.  Although you wont find many here to recommend it.

What kind of companies? Will they give a guarantee that my drone will not fall by a stone, I am used to buying only licensed accessories for my drone.
2021-12-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nick.G Posted at 12-6 07:01
What kind of companies? Will they give a guarantee that my drone will not fall by a stone, I am used to buying only licensed accessories for my drone.

Heres an example

2021-12-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nick.G Posted at 12-6 07:01
What kind of companies? Will they give a guarantee that my drone will not fall by a stone, I am used to buying only licensed accessories for my drone.

Heres a link to the Product

https://www.phantomrain.org/product-page/air-2s-wet-suit-black
2021-12-6
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Nick.G Posted at 12-6 06:55
The main thing is that it is not under the objective lens. But I am more worried about the fact that the water gets into the motors, because when you remove the blades, they are clearly visible.)[view_image]
[view_image]

Water will probably not be able to get inside the motors because gap is really small and they spin so fast that all drops will be blown out by the centrifugal force. I am more worried about battery that is exposed on the top and the gaps around it and other gaps on the body.
2021-12-6
Use props
Nick.G
lvl.3
Russia

Tuxtard Posted at 12-6 08:16
Water will probably not be able to get inside the motors because gap is really small and they spin so fast that all drops will be blown out by the centrifugal force. I am more worried about battery that is exposed on the top and the gaps around it and other gaps on the body.

Tooting..By the way, speaking about the battery, I often hear that Maviks have this weak side, in the sense that it can snap off in flight, so is there any accessory for the battery, or maybe the clamps will help to hold it. I noticed that one of my batteries seemed to be swollen.
2021-12-6
Use props
Nick.G
lvl.3
Russia

I wath on one blogger to check if the battery was swollen or not. It is necessary to spin the battery on a flat surface and it should not spin, so one of the batteries seems to be swollen. Even if you look at it from a certain angle, you can see a bulge. This battery appears to be dangerous to use...
2021-12-6
Use props
Muchmore
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568714 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you put a little automotive polish on your lens it will repel water and even condensation from hot-cold changes. Look for a product that -repels- water not one that beads up.
2021-12-6
Use props
rainphantom
lvl.3

United States

There are over 300 videos posted of flying in the pouring rain.       This one shows how to capture the storm

Storm Video with the Wet Suit
2021-12-6
Use props
rainphantom
lvl.3

United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-6 01:25

Other than phantomrain.org what other companies ??   
I do know they make the Splash drone but that is junk.  

we just got the Mavic 3 wet suit

2021-12-6
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

I order one yesterday ln blue. I will post pictures once I got it.
2021-12-6
Use props
rainphantom
lvl.3

United States

Nick.G Posted at 12-6 06:55
The main thing is that it is not under the objective lens. But I am more worried about the fact that the water gets into the motors, because when you remove the blades, they are clearly visible.)[view_image]
[view_image]

We fly the Props under water, as they are aluminum brush less and designed to Negotiate water so well that these are the same type props used by submersibles.  This is why we never worry about the motors.  the Battery and the Power Button and the Sensors are the weak link and that is what the Wet Suits focus on directly with Air Tight Seals.      
2021-12-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rainphantom Posted at 12-6 15:06
Other than phantomrain.org what other companies ??   
I do know they make the Splash drone but that is junk.  

I dont know of another's but you could try a quick google.
2021-12-7
Use props
Nick.G
lvl.3
Russia

Muchmore Posted at 12-6 12:23
If you put a little automotive polish on your lens it will repel water and even condensation from hot-cold changes. Look for a product that -repels- water not one that beads up.

Cleverly thought up)
2021-12-7
Use props
Nick.G
lvl.3
Russia

rainphantom Posted at 12-6 21:33
We fly the Props under water, as they are aluminum brush less and designed to Negotiate water so well that these are the same type props used by submersibles.  This is why we never worry about the motors.  the Battery and the Power Button and the Sensors are the weak link and that is what the Wet Suits focus on directly with Air Tight Seals.

I still think I'll buy myself a suit for a drone)
2021-12-7
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is cosmetic nice as well and helps with the little bumps. Does not hurt to have it.  
2021-12-7
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nick.G Posted at 12-5 06:09
Not exactly what I wanted to shoot, but I did it)

Nice waterfall! Where is this picture taken?
2021-12-7
Use props
Nick.G
lvl.3
Russia

Maxi3D Posted at 12-7 14:58
Nice waterfall! Where is this picture taken?

Russia, Krasnodar region.)
2021-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules