My quest to power my bmpcc4k with the rs2
908 0 2021-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hiim_kyle
lvl.1
Canada

So this has been complained about before. Not being able to power external devices from the usb-c ports on the gimbal is definitely annoying. Especially since the ronin-s had this ability. I have to fuss around with v mount batteries and splitters and cables just to keep everything alive while shooting. This all adds weight to the setup and increases the amount of time it takes to set up.

So I've been trying to find alternative solutions. This week I tried this thing:

https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-power-bank-adapter-3085.html

IN THEORY, it should work right? It takes whatever power comes out of the usb-c port, converts it to 7.4v and powers a dummy battery. Well unfortunately it didn't work. Maybe not enough amps? I'm not sure. The device works if I send it usb power from a v mount battery. An older battery bank I have didn't work. I guess it needs a specific power draw and the rs2 just doesn't have it. Oddly, when connected to my tilta nano motor, it reads ~8v coming from the gimbal but that still isn't enough to wake my camera up.

If you guys have any other ideas, let me know! Otherwise, I'll update if anything else comes up.

2021-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules