5134 15 2021-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not being familiar with Android based system, how does one go about installing additional apps? Like another browser, some specialized ones, etc.?
2021-12-5
Use props
sclelectronics
Second Officer
United States

The installer package for Android Apps is .apk...
You can use the existing Browser(firefox), navigate is any apk download site you want...
Like apkpure, amazon, etc....
Once you download your app. It will be located in the download folder.
Open the file to install the app.
Just be carfeful what you install!!

Good Luck,

2021-12-5
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sclelectronics Posted at 12-5 10:24
The installer package for Android Apps is .apk...
You can use the existing Browser(firefox), navigate is any apk download site you want...
Like apkpure, amazon, etc....

Thank you sir. I'll give it a try. So far I tried this approach with Chrome, but even as I navigate to Chrome age and click download, nothing happens... Download folder remains empty...
2021-12-5
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

I think you can do it on your computer and write the APK to an SD card. Pop that in the remote and install it from there. There are a bunch of YT videos and of course threads on here about how to install apps on the Smart Remote. I doubt a great deal has changed from that to this. Good luck.
2021-12-5
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nicodema Posted at 12-5 11:12
I think you can do it on your computer and write the APK to an SD card. Pop that in the remote and install it from there. There are a bunch of YT videos and of course threads on here about how to install apps on the Smart Remote. I doubt a great deal has changed from that to this. Good luck.

Ah, that makes sense. OK, I can definitely try that... Thank you!
2021-12-5
Use props
sclelectronics
Second Officer
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 12-5 11:16
Ah, that makes sense. OK, I can definitely try that... Thank you!

Strange...
Did a searched for Chrome browser on APKPure....
Scrolled down selected the standard version....
Select the "Download" button
A pop-up on the buttom of the screen ask you if you want to download Chrome.....apk
Hit OK and it downloads....
There is a small download graphic in the upper left corner showing it is downloading.(next to the time clock)
Next an underline check mark will appear, to signal the download has finished.

Anyway downloading the .apk to your computer. Then putting it on a MicroSD card will work too!

Good Luck,
2021-12-5
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sclelectronics Posted at 12-5 13:43
Strange...
Did a searched for Chrome browser on APKPure....
Scrolled down selected the standard version....

Thank you. Again, total n00b when it comes to Android.
Switched to iOS a loooooooooong time ago, never looked back.
I will try this.
2021-12-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DarthSLR. Good day and thank you for reaching out. You can download third-party applications on your DJI RC Pro through the built-in browser or install APK files from a microSD card. Just a reminder that DJI will not be liable for any permission or safety issues resulting from use of third-party apps. If an installed third-party applications  prevents optimal use of your controller. It is suggested to remove the applications or restore the said DJI remote controller to original factory settings. Thank you.
2021-12-5
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-5 19:20
Hello there DarthSLR. Good day and thank you for reaching out. You can download third-party applications on your DJI RC Pro through the built-in browser or install APK files from a microSD card. Just a reminder that DJI will not be liable for any permission or safety issues resulting from use of third-party apps. If an installed third-party applications  prevents optimal use of your controller. It is suggested to remove the applications or restore the said DJI remote controller to original factory settings. Thank you.

Thank you Stephen! I got the idea.
2021-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It definitely seems to be not designed with installing of other apps in mind.
2021-12-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On the original Smart controller I put the app files on the SD card and then tap them in file explorer to install it.   If the app needs the google play store or APIs you may have an issue.   For example Litchi uses Google maps by default so you have to change the setting for Mapbox,   but not all apps will have that option.
2021-12-6
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-6 00:29
It definitely seems to be not designed with installing of other apps in mind.

Ya think?
Well, TBH, I guess we all got spoiled with the freedom smartphones brought us, so now we're expecting the same level of freedom on ANY device, even specialized ones Like "hey, why can't I watch movies on my alarm clock?... Oh, wait, I actually can... Alexa, show"Die Hard""
2021-12-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DarthSLR Posted at 12-6 07:03
Ya think?  
Well, TBH, I guess we all got spoiled with the freedom smartphones brought us, so now we're expecting the same level of freedom on ANY device, even specialized ones  Like "hey, why can't I watch movies on my alarm clock?... Oh, wait, I actually can... Alexa, show"Die Hard""

Hahahahahahaha.
Very true.
Spoiled civilization.
2021-12-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DarthSLR Posted at 12-5 19:47
Thank you Stephen! I got the idea.

Hi there DarthSLR. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you and keep flying. .
2021-12-8
Use props
mcauliffephotog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1663783 ft
United States

Thanks for all the helpful tips here y'all... I downloaded APKPure, loaded it to the SD card, installed on the RC Pro, and then was able to use it as the "Play Store" to install other apps.
However,
I was completely unable to get any of the Google related apps to install, as Google Play services will repeatedly crash over and over. (Well, Chrome started, but I was unable to log in to my G Account, and was constantly interrupted by a popup "Google Play Services has stopped working")

Has anyone figured out the solution to getting Google Play or other Google services to operate on the RC Pro??
2022-4-21
Use props
mcauliffephotog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1663783 ft
United States

Oh, one other idea that I had,
I noticed on APKMirror, that there were many different versions of Google Play, with different architectures.
Could it be that the improper architecture is being used, and that's part of the issue?
Does anyone know what the architecture for the RC Pro is?

2022-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules