MicroSD card
984 7 2021-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MCenteno
lvl.2
Portugal

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for the best option to my mini 2.
Have searched on specs page but there's no limit for storage, just a suggestion of microSD.

What brand do you guys use and what brand do you advice? (Model, at least to 256GB)

Thanks
2021-12-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

256 Gb is very big, unless you back it up regularly a drone loss could cost you a lot of footage,
My choice would be 64Gb but they are getting rare or relatively speaking expensive so I go for 128Gb Samsung ''Evo Plus'' U3 and currently less than half the price of a 256Gb on Amazon UK.
2021-12-5
Use props
MCenteno
lvl.2
Portugal

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-5 11:46
256 Gb is very big, unless you back it up regularly a drone loss could cost you a lot of footage,
My choice would be 64Gb but they are getting rare or relatively speaking expensive so I go for 128Gb Samsung ''Evo Plus'' U3 and currently less than half the price of a 256Gb on Amazon UK.

I'm not worried about that kind of footage loss because i want to download it after use the drone, just wanna have available space if want to make 4k videos, evven if it cost a little more. J

I don't like to buy this kind of things on Amazon or Aliexpress... I have myself a 256GB Samsung card from one of that places and today i notice card problems when recording the flight... Also, the adapter has smoked a few months ago and was supposed to be original...

But that is not the question, just want is some trust brand and card for it!

2021-12-5
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

MCenteno, Well . . . I am using a 400+gb SD card, and that is w-a-y . . . too much, I used to use 128gb SD and that took care of things well.
I only went to the large one because the price was a special one from a friend, under $30.00 U.S.  I have not tested this idea yet, but
it seems to me that the card would last longer than the battery involved in the flight   Truely, I think 128gb is plenty.  Enjoy your bird,
and fly safely.
2021-12-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I mostly use 32gb and these are plenty for each flight, i swap the card with each battery change, i also have a couple of 64gb as backups
2021-12-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MCenteno. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out what microSD card they are using on there DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post the list of recommended microSD cards for the DJI Mini 2. Kindly please refer to the list below. Thank you.

2021-12-5
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi MCenteno,

I am using a ScanDisk Extreme 128GB V30 A2. Works good, no problems.
2021-12-5
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Bashy Posted at 12-5 17:09
I mostly use 32gb and these are plenty for each flight, i swap the card with each battery change, i also have a couple of 64gb as backups

Yes, I think that is a very good solution. This way you will not likely not loose anything, should you get your video of you life. It is certainly enough for normal use. Have always used Sony cards. Cost a bit more but trust Sony completely. Have had Sony products my whole life and never any problems. Sony the one and only, used to be their slogan.
2021-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules