(PHOTO) FPV problem with PH2 + H2-3D + AVL58 + GOPRO3
2050 4 2015-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nurzia
lvl.2

United States

Hi to everybody,
I started to use the FPV on my old PH2 with the first gimbal version (H2-3D) and the GOPRO3+/AVL58 video transmitter module.

I tried to fly the PH2 with a video recording and everything is working fine, I got the FPV on the monitor during the fly.

Now I tried to swith the GOPRO from the video to multiple photos shot (each 2 seconds) and I cannot see anything on the FPV monitor anymore.

Back to video recording everything still working fine.. :-(

Now my question it's.... it's the FPV video transmission disabled with the GOPRO set in multiple photos shot mode?!

Thanks for the help
MAX

2015-8-3
Use props
nurzia
lvl.2

United States

anyone have got the same problem here?!? :-)
2015-8-4
Use props
hungrydude5
lvl.2
United States

I really don't know how to explain it easily, so I'll try.  Whether it be a DSLR, a point and shoot, or an action cam (which I guess is a point and shoot, I suppose), when you take a photo there's the action and the write.  Let's take the DSLR.  Shutter goes off, the sensor is exposed, shutter goes back down, photo is written to the camera card,  all within a 30 second to 1/8000th of a second.  All thanks to a camera processor and electronics within the body.  (Can you tell I'm a photographer on the side? ;-) )  Same goes with GoPro, although there's no physical shutter.  It's all pretty much "computerized".  There's the action of taking the photo, and the action of writing that photo information to the card.  No matter what speed your camera card, it takes time to write that information, although it's just a fraction of time, it's still a process the GoPro is doing.  With video, imagine it taking a very long photo.  It's still kind of being written to the camera card.  I see it as writing a very long buffer.  And then when you stop recording, it then actually writes it to the card.  Ever notice how when you stop recording, the FPV system says "Camera busy"?  It's because it's writing the video you took to the card.  With multiple photos, especially the .5 second option, it's taking and writing information every .5 seconds. The FPV system can't keep up.  Hope this helps a little!

Ben
2015-8-4
Use props
nurzia
lvl.2

United States

hungrydude5@yah Posted at 2015-8-5 10:27
I really don't know how to explain it easily, so I'll try.  Whether it be a DSLR, a point and shoot, ...

uhhhmm I need to test if I can get the FPV output with the <Video+Shot> selection (capturing Time-lapse Photos and Recording Video at the Same Time). Otherwise I cannot use the FPV in anyway to take some nice photo with a PH2. {:3_42:}

Thanks for you reply
MN

2015-8-5
Use props
hungrydude5
lvl.2
United States

Multiphoto is really the only way to go, I'm afraid.  I put mine on time lapse for .5 sec intervals.  I get an idea of what I want to photograph before I take off.  I take off, turn the copter towards what I'm wanting to take a photo of, and rotate the copter left and right very slightly and slowly for some extra insurance of the shot I want.  It's all in the planning.  Again, I have a background in photography, so take it from me, that it takes patience.  Another thing, with GoPro and it's extreme FOV (Field of View), you don't have to get that perfect shot right away, you can crop out and process the photo the way you want it since it takes such a wide photo.  
Ben
2015-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules