Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI: Please, please develop GS further!
1324 5 2015-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rennie
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I think that the Ground Station software is so intrinsically important to the success of the Spreading Wings series, that I wish DJI would invest more funds in its development.  DJI profess the Spreading Wings series as being for 'professional' use, so how can the GS software be so flakey?  It needs to be bombproof, and could have so much better functionality, like being able to state an altitude, a radius and then click on a point on the map for the aircraft to circle it (like Click GO, but 'Click Circle'!) simple things like that.  

The GS software is also worthy of so much better, more detailed documentation.  Half the questions on this forum are just becuse the manual doesn't explain things, and DJI's customers are just left to fend for themselves.  It's just not right and could be so much better SO EASILY!  All it needs is for your CEO, Frank Wang to say "do it!".

Also, be good for DJI' customers to know a development schedule, so we can see what stuff is coming, or bugs gto be fixed.  This would not affect sales at all, but the contrary, would give DJI customer a warm feeling in their heart, where many of us feel cold towards DJI, but are locked in to their equipment.

What the Ground Station software can do shows fantastic potential, and turns my aircraft into a true robot, and proves that it only needs more development to make it even better.  But current unreliablity and clunky utility make it a research or hobby tool, and NOT something that can be relied on in a professional setting.

If only DJI would invest a little more effort in developing GS it would be great!  Come on DJI - please realise the importance of this market!  You're being rapidly overtaken by the competition, but the Spreading Wings still holds a unique advantage in its awesome Zenmuse gimbal and payload capability, and with just slight improvements in the GS software, the combined setup can still kick ass!

Thanks for listening.

2015-8-3
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

You are so right, Rennie.

I use the DJI GS and the SkyCircuits Plan / Flight. The SkyCircuits software has so many cool features, which the DJI GS has not and every time I wonder, why that is. DJI is such big player, it would be the easiest thing on earth to improve the software and the manuals.

Best regards
Chris  
2015-8-3
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

The pc version of the ground station is pretty loaded.. The iPad version is the light version
2015-8-4
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Both versions use the same hardware btw
2015-8-4
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

Of course both versions use the same hardware - that's not the point.
I use the PC version and it's not packed. There still is lot of space for improvement.
Just have a look here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-998-1-1.html
Not saying, GS is bad, but it could definitely be better.

2015-8-5
Use props
Titus
New

Netherlands

I'm a lucky owner of a Inspire 1. But unfortunately GS has not been released/developed for the Inspire 1.
Although I love this drone, GS would really be the icing on the cake.
Hopefully with some time we get lucky?
I really don't want to have to change brand just because missing out this option.
It's rather strange the 'cheaper' drones have GS available...

Come on DJI you can do it!
Make your customers (more) satisfied!
2015-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules