Retrieve .txt FlightRecord file for past flight
3267 8 2021-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
red_canyon16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

I have a flight from back in September that didn't sync to Airdata for some reason. Is there a way to retrieve the .txt file for this flight in the app?

• I didn't find it in the FlightLogs folder on either of my devices.
  • Found a .txt file with the correct name in the FlightLogs/Download folder Airdata and PhantomHelp can't read it.
  • Though about setting Airdata to sync from the DJI servers but last time I did that, I had duplicates of every flight in Airdata.

2021-12-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there red_canyon16. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this is a 3rd party application ( Airdata  ), I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who are using the said application can give out the best recommendation and information with regards to this matter. Just a reminder that DJI recommends using the DJI Fly application when flying your DJI Mini 2 for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you and have a nice day.
2021-12-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think I remember DJI changing the file paths in a recent app update. Maybe do more searching. Are you looking in the Android/data/dji.go.v5/flightrecord folder?
2021-12-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You will be able to find them once connected to the PC/Laptop, the files are now hidden due to a security update of the device, many are in the same boat, including me
2021-12-5
Use props
DAYTONA392
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131942 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 12-5 23:47
You will be able to find them once connected to the PC/Laptop, the files are now hidden due to a security update of the device, many are in the same boat, including me
I've talked about this before. It has to do with Android 11 security where it will only allow the apps that drop files in those subfolders to have access to those specific subfolders. A General application like a file manager will not be allowed access. You can go into Android/data.. but beyond that you won't see anything. That is with the standard File Explorer on your phone. For me I'm talking Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G. But what you can do however, is go to Google play and download a file manager application called X-plore.

Check out "X-plore File Manager"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lonelycatgames.Xplore

You can use this to browse the Android data folder and then you can get additional Superuser permission (it will prompt you when you browse to Android/data) and you will be able to see into those folders and everything within them. Does not require your phone to be rooted either.
2021-12-6
Use props
red_canyon16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

I don't know what changed but it magically uploaded sometime today.
Did some investigation/testing and found that when you view the flight in the DJI Fly app, it will download the .txt file and Airdata will upload it next time you open it.
2021-12-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAYTONA392 Posted at 12-6 11:22
I've talked about this before. It has to do with Android 11 security where it will only allow the apps that drop files in those subfolders to have access to those specific subfolders. A General application like a file manager will not be allowed access. You can go into Android/data.. but beyond that you won't see anything. That is with the standard File Explorer on your phone. For me I'm talking Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G. But what you can do however, is go to Google play and download a file manager application called X-plore.

Check out "X-plore File Manager"

Nope, i tried X-plore, did the permissions thingy and it still wont let me see the files, Note 20 Ultra 5g, I've literally just tried it again, did the permissions and still the same, no files
Oh wait, i was looking in, internal storage/dji/dji.go.v5 you mean once I've given permission, i should be looking in internal storage/android/data/dji/dji.go.v5/files/FlightRecord thank you
2021-12-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

red_canyon16 Posted at 12-6 15:08
I don't know what changed but it magically uploaded sometime today.
Did some investigation/testing and found that when you view the flight in the DJI Fly app, it will download the .txt file and Airdata will upload it next time you open it.

good find, i use this always to 'transfer' flightlog.txt from a device (broken usb-c port)  to another device with usable usb port to xfer data from device to external usb stick.

cheers
JJB
2021-12-7
Use props
DAYTONA392
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131942 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 12-6 23:23
Nope, i tried X-plore, did the permissions thingy and it still wont let me see the files, Note 20 Ultra 5g, I've literally just tried it again, did the permissions and still the same, no files
Oh wait, i was looking in, internal storage/dji/dji.go.v5 you mean once I've given permission, i should be looking in internal storage/android/data/dji/dji.go.v5/files/FlightRecord thanks you
Yep thats it.. Android/data...No problem Bashy... glad it worked for you!
2021-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules