Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sun hood for Mavic Mini 2 camera
657 7 2021-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WaterMaster
lvl.3
United States

I was looking at a sun hood for the Mini 2 camera to cut down glare, has anyone tried one? Does the hood interfere with flight?

2021-12-5
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As the gimbal is very delicate, i wouldnt recommend adding one, plus it would exasperate gimbal issues with the wind as it would be acting like a scoop
2021-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I had one for the Mavic Pro but never used it.
It did not fix the 'issue' 100% and now I have grown to like the lens flare.
2021-12-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bashy Posted at 12-5 23:49
As the gimbal is very delicate, i wouldnt recommend adding one, plus it would exasperate gimbal issues with the wind as it would be acting like a scoop

It does not attach to the gimbal, but to the drone.
So no problem with the gimbal.
2021-12-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

And it gave one problem, when the drone tilted more (high speed, high wind), the hood was in the frame.
2021-12-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They are a bit of gimmick really.
2021-12-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there WaterMaster. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who uses the said accessory ( Sun Hood ) on there DJI Mini 2 can give out the best recommendation with regards to this matter. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories on your DJI Mini 2. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use and there is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work and since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might damage and void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.
2021-12-6
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 12-6 00:42
It does not attach to the gimbal, but to the drone.
So no problem with the gimbal.

Ah got ya, that makes more sense lol
2021-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules