5252 25 2021-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't flown much yet, about a dozen times, but so far I'm getting about 20% of battery per 6 minutes of flight time. Which kinda equals 30 min for 100%. Pretty long shot from the advertised 40..45 min. I guess it will be better come January?
2021-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have heard similar results here.
2021-12-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Most of the YouTube reviews are getting the same.   There was one early firmware update to the reviewers that added about 10 mins extra so there is still hope.
2021-12-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Most of the YouTube reviews are getting the same.   There was one early firmware update to the reviewers that added about 10 mins extra so there is still hope.
2021-12-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DarthSLR. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. The DJI Mavic 3 has a Maximum Flight Time of 46 minutes ( no wind ) and Maximum Hovering Time of 40 minutes ( no wind ). These specifications are measured in an environment with windless conditions. Thank you.
2021-12-6
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

From the M3 FAQ...
How is the flight time of DJI Mavic 3 measured?
The flight time was measured in a controlled test environment. Specific test conditions are as follows: No wind, at sea level, constant flight speed of 32.4 kph, APAS off, AirSense off, camera parameters set to 1080p/24fps, video mode off, and flying from 100% battery to 0% battery. Results may vary depending on environment, usage scenario, and firmware version.

I doubt everyone is flying with these super favourable parameters. Basically good real world usage flight time seems to be about 80% of the ideal. So some people are getting times very close to 40mins when flying very conservatively. But the thing is these same flights would have lasted say 30 mins with the previous generation flown the same. That's where the improvement shows, the spec sheet numbers are as usual fairly meaningless on their own.
2021-12-6
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-6 01:08
Most of the YouTube reviews are getting the same.   There was one early firmware update to the reviewers that added about 10 mins extra so there is still hope.

Yay, it's not me/mine only then!
2021-12-6
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-6 01:55
Hello there DarthSLR. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. The DJI Mavic 3 has a Maximum Flight Time of 46 minutes ( no wind ) and Maximum Hovering Time of 40 minutes ( no wind ). These specifications are measured in an environment with windless conditions. Thank you.

I understand that. I would not expect the whole 40/46. from the real flight. Just more than my real flight time with M2P, on which I was getting about 25 min per fresh battery.
2021-12-6
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nicodema Posted at 12-6 02:38
From the M3 FAQ...
How is the flight time of DJI Mavic 3 measured?
The flight time was measured in a controlled test environment. Specific test conditions are as follows: No wind, at sea level, constant flight speed of 32.4 kph, APAS off, AirSense off, camera parameters set to 1080p/24fps, video mode off, and flying from 100% battery to 0% battery. Results may vary depending on environment, usage scenario, and firmware version.

Sure, I get it. I was just testing the waters, still trying to ascertain if my unit is up the snuff, or individually lacking.
2021-12-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DarthSLR Posted at 12-6 07:05
Yay, it's not me/mine only then!

Sadly not,  but I really think it should be closer to 40 minutes real world flight time.
2021-12-6
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-6 07:15
Sadly not,  but I really think it should be closer to 40 minutes real world flight time.

That's what my hope is. It already feels better, but I guess we should see real improvement come January...
2021-12-6
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I doubt January will have anything to do with flight time. I can vouch I get the longest flight time from the M3 than any other drone from DJI. The specs are considered ideal conditions.
2021-12-6
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 12-6 08:42
I doubt January will have anything to do with flight time. I can vouch I get the longest flight time from the M3 than any other drone from DJI. The specs are considered ideal conditions.

That's what I heard on some of those YT videos. And I understand the "ideal conditions" concept. M2P was supposed to be what, 32 min? I was definitely getting 25+ out of it, which is fine. Now, with 40/45 on spec, I would be expecting something like 37/40, 35+ at least...
2021-12-6
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

So on your M2P you got 78% of spec. The equivalent would be 35 mins. I suspect if you actually did a 100% to 0% test flight you'd be likely to get that. Extrapolating from 20% for 6 mins is prone to large errors. At least you don't have Canadian or UK weather to deal with ;)
2021-12-6
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nicodema Posted at 12-6 09:31
So on your M2P you got 78% of spec. The equivalent would be 35 mins. I suspect if you actually did a 100% to 0% test flight you'd be likely to get that. Extrapolating from 20% for 6 mins is prone to large errors. At least you don't have Canadian or UK weather to deal with ;)

Sure, I was not saying I did an extensive research. And considering all the issues I had with the first unit, I’m still a bit hesitant to push the limits. Hopefully the spec numbers are more or less real.
2021-12-6
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DarthSLR Posted at 12-6 09:56
Sure, I was not saying I did an extensive research. And considering all the issues I had with the first unit, I’m still a bit hesitant to push the limits. Hopefully the spec numbers are more or less real.

I say just get out and fly the investment you made. Do not fret until you have a real issue shelving the unit.
I know all the features are not present yet but honestly by far this is the best drone I have had and have not experienced any issues yet! Yet being the key word.
2021-12-6
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 12-6 10:12
I say just get out and fly the investment you made. Do not fret until you have a real issue shelving the unit.
I know all the features are not present yet but honestly by far this is the best drone I have had and have not experienced any issues yet! Yet being the key word.

Yeah, I hear you, and I agree, best drone for this price range, even if it is a bit more than M2P was. I'm enjoying it thoroughly, now that I'm error-free after receiving the replacement (for now, at least, only played with it for like 3 days).
2021-12-6
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I can get 30 minutes (flying normally/filming and shooting) and landing on 15% battery.
2021-12-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You won't get the max flight time shown in the specs in normal flight.
It's achieved under almost laboratory conditions.
Max Flight Time: 46 min (measured while flying at 32.4 kph in windless conditions).
Flying fastwer or slower, climbing, slowing and accelerating or winds will all reduce your max flight time.

2021-12-7
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too was getting only 30 minutes of flight time on my Mavic 3.  This may have been symptomatic of another issue that I ended up having, which forced the return of my Mavic 3 (I am lucky to have a local store) in exchange for another.  I have had opportunity to fly the new Mavic 3 just once, and not for the full duration of the battery.  But this newer unit reported 40 minutes of flight time and it seemed to reduce fairly linearly.  I ended my flight with "30" minutes reported left after 10 minutes of flight.  So I'm optimistic that this newer unit will have performance closer to the advertised battery duration.

The unit I returned ended up having a camera issue, whereby the camera would start "black" or would stop transmitting during flight.  I didn't have signal loss (I was able to control all aspects of the drone), I just wasn't getting video (it would freeze and stop).  I've wondered if my "power shortage" was related to my camera issue.

I'm looking forward to testing the new unit out to see if the battery performance has improved.  The very Very VERY early results are promising.
2021-12-7
Use props
djiuser_elmIyQiglT87
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6091768 ft
Romania

1h is very good
Screenshot_2022-08-27-14-05-21-344_dji.go.v5.jpg
Screenshot_2022-08-27-14-05-37-721_dji.go.v5.jpg
2022-8-27
Use props
djiuser_elmIyQiglT87
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6091768 ft
Romania

1h is very good.
Screenshot_2022-08-27-14-05-21-344_dji.go.v5.jpg
Screenshot_2022-08-27-14-05-37-721_dji.go.v5.jpg
2022-8-27
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I am pleased by the flight time - the first drone I am getting bored flying before the battery run down
My longest flight was a hyperlaps - basically hovering
2022-8-27
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Real life scenario flight time is around 25-30m at sea level, landing with about 15-20% battery left.

You can say on the box that the Mavic 3 flight time is 30 minutes and then let people be surprised when they reach more than that or say it flyes 45 minutes and let people be disappointed every time they fly 28 minutes. Lies are a poor marketing choice.

You want to fly 45 minutes? Just fly it with a tailwind in a one-way trip, let it hover with a leaf blower blowing air from below or tie a few helium balloons to it  XD
2022-8-28
Use props
simonr23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3748396 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I agree. I seem to get about 29-30mins of flight time in N mode (all sensors and air-sense turned off).

My last flight was 26.5mins and it was 95-2%.

I used to get 24-25 out of my Mavic 2 pro in the same locations and flight actions.

It would’ve been good if this drone was 34-35mins.
My P4, original spark and previous Mavic and Mavic platinums were close to their advertised specs.

It seems since the Mavic 2 was released, DJI have been exaggerating the flight times for the subsequently released models.

2022-8-28
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I get up to 22-24 minutes of flight time on my Mavic 3 ,  but I land with 20-25% of battery free. I think if I pushed it further I could get 30 minutes. I mostly fly in Normal and Cine modes , mostly moving, with little hovering. I think on my Mavic 2 I was getting about 16 minutes of flight time if I remember correctly, also landing at 25% battery, it seems it's a noticeable improvement for me.

Thanks, Mike.
2022-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules