4493 11 2021-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Hi,
Planing to down load a map of an island far away and save it on my Android phone in Go 4 until I get there.
I have looked at several videos on YouTube, but they all say: Cash map in the background. These videos are from 2018 and 2019. My Go 4 is current and does not have this. I can only see an adjustment for: Cash locally when recordig. I know that I would be able to see the map when at location, but should I for some reason not be able to get 4G or Wi-Fi at that location, I will not be able to get the map. Would prefere to have that map with details loaded before hand. Is there a manual that is updated and current for this somewhere, so that I can read about it?
2021-12-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there kyalami. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Please try to cache the map of where you are going to fly your DJI drone is to open the application while you are connected to Wi-Fi, then open the map full screen, navigate ( with your fingers ) to where you are going to be flying, then zoom out enough to cover the likely flying site. In addition, when you have arrived to the designated flying location, temporarily link to your phone via Hotspot and use your phones data to up date your map, and then disconnect. Thank you.
2021-12-6
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-6 02:04
Hello there kyalami. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Please try to cache the map of where you are going to fly your DJI drone is to open the application while you are connected to Wi-Fi, then open the map full screen, navigate ( with your fingers ) to where you are going to be flying, then zoom out enough to cover the likely flying site. In addition, when you have arrived to the designated flying location, temporarily link to your phone via Hotspot and use your phones data to up date your map, and then disconnect. Thank you.

Thanks for your reply Stephen.
Can I not do this via ordinary 4G if I have access like now in Sweden and save the map, so that when I come to the place I would like to fly and there is no 4G or Wifi.
When I fly now at home I do not have wifi or 4G connected to the phone ( airplanemode ) I still get the map and can see where I fly.

I did fine the island and download 6.8Mb and named the map, But when I look up the map I just get a small picture which I can not do anything with.

Screenshot_20211206-111958[1].jpg
2021-12-6
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

So if I understand correct after downloading the site where I will be flying, I will only see the map opening up after being on that location and connected by either Wi-Fi or 4G?
Is there somewhere where I can read about this and see pictures on what to klick on etc? These videos on the internet are from 2018 and 2019 says Cash map in the background. My Go 4 is current and does not have this. I can only see an adjustment for: Cash locally when recording.
2021-12-6
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What I've noticed on my Smart Controller is V4.3.38 is the last version you can download a decent size (about 60MB) offline map, and from V4.3.42 it only allows you to download a much smaller area (<10MB). And that's the only reason I'm still using V4.3.38. On the FLY app there's not even the option to download offline maps (both IOS and Android), so I'm guessing DJI is trying to DISCOURAGE people from using their drones without being connected to the internet???
2021-12-6
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

I was viewing youtube videos of downloading offline maps for use on the SC also and really perplexed to see a video where the whole UK map was downloaded for use. Why was this changed? After all when you purchase this 'accessory'  for quite a high price surely it is wrong for Dji to remove this ability to download larger maps?Is it easy to revert to an earlier version of the GO 4 app to download larger maps?
2021-12-6
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hello? Is there any Smart Controller (Mk1) owners out there who coud tell me if there is away to download large maps (individual country size eg England, Scotland, Wales etc) onto the controller. If there is. Can you explain in easy steps. My old brain is not very 'tech savvy' nowadays. Thanking anyone in anticipation.
2021-12-10
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

yogi053 Posted at 12-10 10:07
Hello? Is there any Smart Controller (Mk1) owners out there who coud tell me if there is away to download large maps (individual country size eg England, Scotland, Wales etc) onto the controller. If there is. Can you explain in easy steps. My old brain is not very 'tech savvy' nowadays. Thanking anyone in anticipation.

Sorry, I have the RC1B with a Samsung S10 version 10 running DJI Go 4 app soft ware. Is there no ware to read about this and with pictures explaining which buttons to press and what they do? I have just been guessing so far, but have been able to download a map only where I am flying. DJI may have done some limitation to what you can down load and that you have to be on that location you will fly and then only down load that area. I am just guessing here. Hope some one else can assist you better.
2021-12-11
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 12-11 01:45
Sorry, I have the RC1B with a Samsung S10 version 10 running DJI Go 4 app soft ware. Is there no ware to read about this and with pictures explaining which buttons to press and what they do? I have just been guessing so far, but have been able to download a map only where I am flying. DJI may have done some limitation to what you can down load and that you have to be on that location you will fly and then only down load that area. I am just guessing here. Hope some one else can assist you better.

Thank you for your reply kyalami. I know how to download the maps of the areas that I want to fly in, but sometimes if the occasion presents itself, it is good to move to another location where you may not have planned in advance to be. Therefore, having a larger area map downloaded to the SC would be beneficial.
2021-12-11
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

yogi053 Posted at 12-11 02:11
Thank you for your reply kyalami. I know how to download the maps of the areas that I want to fly in, but sometimes if the occasion presents itself, it is good to move to another location where you may not have planned in advance to be. Therefore, having a larger area map downloaded to the SC would be beneficial.

OK now I understand you. Yes, that would be nice. This is why I do not understand that DJI do not have any written information on how this works and if any limitations. This was the reason I asked, as I wanted to down load a different area in advance, so when I came to that area I would have the map already Just in case there was no 4G, Wi-Fi or hot spot. If there was no where to get access to the internet, what do you do then after spending a lot of money flying to a far away location. Of course, being able to down load a whole country, then you have no problems with traveling anywhere and fly without having to down load that area.
2021-12-11
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

I will search a bit more this afternoon on the internet and see if I can not find some information about this. If so I will come back here again. Cheers.
2021-12-11
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

yogi053 Posted at 12-11 02:11

I have not found anything more specific about this on the internet. It looks like you can only down load and see a smaller area like 10 by 10 km around your original area where you normally fly . I assume that to down load a complete country with all details would be very large and the DJI has prevented this from happen. I tried my own common area where I fly most and could not get any details outside of a about 10Km. So it looks like you have to down load the area where you are supposedly going  to fly away from where you currently fly at that time, you need to be connected to either 4G or Wi-Fi and down load that specific area at that time. I tried to down load an island in the Maldives and could not do this from where I am in Sweden. So I have to try this when I am there and hope that I have an internet connection.
2021-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules