How is NOBODY talking about this issue with the mavic 3?
703 7 2021-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jinakolis
lvl.1

United States

I have seen a lot of negativity online surrounding the mavic 3, and I think a lot of it is misplaced.
One thing I cannot excuse however is the disgusting green flare present anytime the mavic 3 is pointed at the sun. It's absolutely inexcusable that they use such a bad lens coating on such an expensive drone.
I have been shooting with cameras for 10 years and not once have I seen such a unattractive flare. I generally love character, lens imperfections, and sun flares, but this one looks like a teenager is pointing a laser pen at the drone.
It occurs to an extent on some other drones, but never have I seen it this bad. Even the mini 2 has SIGNIFACTNLY better flaring than the mavic 3.
what's going on dji?!

2021-12-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

People are talking about it,  there are loads of YouTube videos raising this complaint.
2021-12-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems to be a hot topic issue at this time.  Will be very interesting to see if this is something DJI can correct or mitigate in some way.  
2021-12-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello, glare is a kind of lens optical physical phenomenon, which will appear when the lens is being emitted directly by the light source at a certain angle in certain scenarios. It will not appear in normal shooting scenarios. You can try to remove the lens protector or adjust the shooting position and angle to eliminate or remove the phenomenon. We hope for your understanding and support.
2021-12-6
Use props
jinakolis
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

I have seen a lot of negativity online surrounding the mavic 3, and I think a lot of it is misplaced.
One thing I cannot excuse however is the disgusting green flare  present anytime the mavic 3 is pointed at the sun. It's absolutely inexcusable that they use such a bad lens coating on such an expensive drone.
I have been shooting with cameras for 10 years andhttps://appvalley.onl/ not once have I seen such a unattractive flare. I generally love character, lens imperfections, and sun flares, but this one looks like a teenager is pointing a laser pen at the drone.
It occurs to an extent on some other drones, but never have I seen it this bad. Even the mini 2 has SIGNIFACTNLY better flaring than the mavic 3.
what's going on dji?!
issue got solved
2021-12-9
Use props
Phantasma5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 308228 ft

United States

I have heard ND filters fix it but I don’t have a mavic 3 to try for myself.
2021-12-13
Use props
pushest
lvl.1

United States

My friend have the same issues
2021-12-17
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States