861 14 2021-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

Temps was -20F and the winds were blowing 20-25mph. My FPV did a great job against the wind but I'm looking forward to similar conditions with my Mavic 3 to see how the gimble improves things. I had to cut sections out that had reasonably decent steady video as it did get buffeted about quite a bit. Regardless of that, I'm impressed and love the FPV view. I wished the M3 could be used with goggles. It provides such a wonderful, immersive view. Shot about 2hr west of Fairbanks Alaska, just short of the Yukon river. Humorously after titling the video and looking on google earth for a map there was a picture on google earth and the title was...."The Frozen Forest". Not as original as I thought .  This was just my third or fourth flight. I know it's a little jerky and some of that is my lack of experience and some of it is 30mph gusts of wind . Still, a great day of flying.

2021-12-6
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Beautiful spot!
2021-12-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazing footage and what a beautiful location to fly at.  
2021-12-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What great scenery. And some pretty intricate flying.Despite the adverse conditions.
2021-12-6
Use props
Elevated Camera
Second Officer
Australia

Impressive footage! Loved the truck going through
2021-12-6
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

That truly shows the power of winter. I especially loved the final scenes, so beautiful shots. :-)
2021-12-6
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 12-6 15:41
That truly shows the power of winter. I especially loved the final scenes, so beautiful shots. :-)

thanks. I am new to drones but learned from my buddy to get above any haze if it's possible to do so. the view from just above a hazy cloud is often quite unusual and photogenic.
2021-12-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lovely footage.
I'd love to get more of that white here.
2021-12-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2021-12-7
Use props
QQRUCH
First Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Great views and spot! Thanks for sharing!
2021-12-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

digibud Posted at 12-6 19:16
thanks. I am new to drones but learned from my buddy to get above any haze if it's possible to do so. the view from just above a hazy cloud is often quite unusual and photogenic.

Your buddy taught you well.  Keep up the great work.  
2021-12-7
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

I can feel the cold and chill just by watching - Thanks for sharing  
2021-12-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there digibud. Good day and thank you for posting this cool aerial video you have filmed. Great work and thank you for your support. .
2021-12-12
Use props
Phantasma5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 308228 ft

United States

Did you have any issues with battery life in that cold?
2021-12-13
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Phantasma5 Posted at 12-13 00:30
Did you have any issues with battery life in that cold?

None. Well...of course, it is lessened the battery life but we'd still get 12min or so even at that temp but we start with batteries that are in our car. We fly from inside our car since we are delicate things that don't enjoy standing outside at -20F in a 20mph wind.  If you had to try to use a battery that was down at that temp...that would probably be unworkable.  I have done a LOT of aurora photography and having the camera outside at -50F shooting is an interesting trick. You need multiple batteries and they only last as long as it takes to get down to wherever the battery dies which takes about 5min, then you switch batteries and when the cold battery warms up, it's good to go again.  In the case of drones I would not try shooting with a battery that was already very cold as it could easily fail in mid flight but if you start with a warm battery it's good. I did get (can't see my orig post and don't know if I mentioned...) an alert or two that said something like "bad battery charge" which I have learned can be a result of fighting too hard into the wind and the drone working too hard but in those instances I brought the drone back immediately without incident. I don't fly too far from my position in these extreme temps although in deep snow, ¼ mile is as good as 10miles in terms of me being able to retrieve it so it's somewhat pointless.
2021-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules