Android 12 and the QR Code problem
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RandomActPG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19249 ft
Canada

So much like in Android 11, the app does not currently create QR codes.  I can connect directly to the Robot in Wifi mode but if I want to connect more than one to a router I cannot do so.

The downloadable version from the Robomaster website (for Android 11) doesn't launch on 12 and so I'm stuck with either a) an app that launches but doesn't create QR codes or b) an app that apparently DOES create QR codes but doesn't launch.

Solutions?

Google Pixel 5, Android 12
2021-12-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there RandomActPG. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please use a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue? For reference I will post a DJI Link where in you can find the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI RoboMaster S1. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/robomaster-s1/downloads
2021-12-6
Use props
Johnnykunghk
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-6 20:32
Hello there RandomActPG. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please use a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue? For reference I will post a DJI Link where in you can find the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI RoboMaster S1. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/robomaster-s1/downloads

I have the same problem with very common devices, my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 with Android version 11 does not provide QR code, wrongly show my pad without connect to router, while I can browse internet web site,  moreover, my phone Samsung Galaxy S10+ Android 11, also no QR code to connect, any solution!?
2021-12-8
Use props
Andrii4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82343 ft
United Kingdom

Unfortunately, at the moment Android 12 devices seem to be unsupported
I managed to get it working on my Android 11 Galaxy S21 Ultra by downloading an apk file from the DJI's website, but once I upgraded to Android 12 it stopped working completely (it just closes immediately after opening).
2022-1-4
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

2022-3-5
Use props
Johnnykunghk
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Andrii4 Posted at 1-4 11:14
Unfortunately, at the moment Android 12 devices seem to be unsupported  
I managed to get it working on my Android 11 Galaxy S21 Ultra by downloading an apk file from the DJI's website, but once I upgraded to Android 12 it stopped working completely (it just closes immediately after opening).

I download robomaster app from play store and install to my new phone Galaxy S22 Ultra with Android 12, then I download my block program in robomaster app, but when I try to connect robomaster through router mode, there is no QR code provided and show router not connected, this is a big bug which I stated three months ago, clearly my phone is connected to router for the robomaster app downloaded, none of my Android phones and tablet can play robomaster by router mode with Android 11 or 12, hope the problem to be fixed soon!
2022-3-12
Use props
Johnnykunghk
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Johnnykunghk Posted at 3-12 05:35
I download robomaster app from play store and install to my new phone Galaxy S22 Ultra with Android 12, then I download my block program in robomaster app, but when I try to connect robomaster through router mode, there is no QR code provided and show router not connected, this is a big bug which I stated three months ago, clearly my phone is connected to router for the robomaster app downloaded, none of my Android phones and tablet can play robomaster by router mode with Android 11 or 12, hope the problem to be fixed soon!

Thanks DJI for fixing the problem in some part! My old phones can provide QR code in Router mode now after install the latest Android app version 1.1.8 downloaded in DJI web, however this new version is not available in Play Store of Android phone, and cannot run on new phone too, my old phones Samsung S9+ and S10+ are fixed, but my new phone S22 Ultra with Android version 12 is still a problem.
2022-5-12
Use props
RexLarson
New

United States

Hey there! Sorry to hear about the QR code trouble you're having with Android 12.
2023-2-9
Use props
JohnnyRobotic
lvl.3
United States

I have a set of Galaxy Tab As that will not show a QR code when connection via router. One of my students found out  by accident that if you swipe down on the tablet screen then turn the wifi off and then on agian, a QR code will magically appear after you swipe up to remove the settings window. Good luck.
2023-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules