Battery Cell Deviation, 3.29V with 93% remaining?
381 3 2021-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drone is getting old.. under high power (vertical take-off to the skies)  say 3.29V which is scary but after

check-1.png
After not wanting maximum vertical performance Cell 1 count is good.  Now, I'm worried if the V-sag/drop gets so low that the cell would die in flight.  Would I still be safe or will it fall out of the sky if that happens with 20% battery remaining? (not enough voltage for lift)

edit: I was looking at the sticks and I didn't even move the sticks! The drone was also flat and leveled (wind wasn't hitting it according to the attitude radar).  Also had the same issue w/ the voltage a bunch of times after while it was doing nothing than just hovering.

2.png

This is insane unacceptable V-sag/droop/drop but it was probably because way way back I made my vert/descent rates 8ms and did a bunch of high-altitude pulls and drops for a a couple flights max..  It's stock on the vertical up but down is -5 or -6m/s.

3.png

The question is.. can the drone drop out of the sky from super low voltage even if it says 80% but in voltage it dropped well too low before the cells can remain/hold their charge?  Is it possible for DJI to investigate what is going on and do a firmware update to all drones Before they start falling out of the sky from getting dated??  This should kind of be more serious than Geo fencing.

2021-12-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The question is.. can the drone drop out of the sky from super low voltage even if it says 80% but in voltage it dropped well too low before the cells can remain/hold their charge?

Your motors don't run on % ... they need volts.
If it's a Go 4 drone, you can get a good readout of the battery in the app settings.
That will show you haw much capacity the battery has and compare that to the original capacity of the battery.
2021-12-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AntDX316. Good day and for the information you have provided. Just a reminder that in general, the battery cell deviation should be lower than 0.05V at high power, and less than 0.1V at low power. Kindly please check the DJI Go 4 application for reliability purposes. Thank you.
2021-12-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

If one ore more cells drops below 3 volts a forced landing is initiated (cannot be cancelled) , this to try to land craft before dropping out of the sky!

cheers
JJB
2021-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules