698 15 2021-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5076896 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yesterday while watching my latest  FPV catastrophe,  I thought, wow,  I'm really not very good at this.    Anyone else feel that way?
2021-12-7
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

Go out and get a small drone one that fits in your hand and it's has a camera on it. it's an inside drone and you should be able to fly around your house quite easily without worrying about breaking anything
20171120_195129.jpg
2021-12-7
Use props
Ranger7777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152782 ft
United States

Yes, me too!   I find even the small indoor drones just too fast for me.  Old guy, 73, and never a gamer so do not have those motor skills.  Got a DJI Mini 2 a bit ago, and WOW  I can fly, it is slow enough in Cinemode that I can react.  just recently got a DJI FPV and again, WOW  In normal mode I can fly!!!!!  No interest in racing or flips or anything, just flying so works for me.  I am on an acre with trees but open enough to practice.  Also recommend the DJI Simulator for practice.  Just take it easy and have fun!
2021-12-7
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ranger7777 Posted at 12-7 09:52
Yes, me too!   I find even the small indoor drones just too fast for me.  Old guy, 73, and never a gamer so do not have those motor skills.  Got a DJI Mini 2 a bit ago, and WOW  I can fly, it is slow enough in Cinemode that I can react.  just recently got a DJI FPV and again, WOW  In normal mode I can fly!!!!!  No interest in racing or flips or anything, just flying so works for me.  I am on an acre with trees but open enough to practice.  Also recommend the DJI Simulator for practice.  Just take it easy and have fun!

Yes, same here 67.     I'm in the Liftoff for hours everyday, and I am getting better albeit slowly.   I am determined to learn to fly manual, but it's a tough road.
2021-12-7
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SgtRay Posted at 12-7 09:07
Go out and get a small drone one that fits in your hand and it's has a camera on it. it's an inside drone and you should be able to fly around your house quite easily without worrying about breaking anything

No digital versions right?  Ones that work with DJI goggles?    My wife is going to LOVE me flying around the house.  She already thinks I have an "abnormal obsession"
2021-12-7
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SgtRay Posted at 12-7 09:07
Go out and get a small drone one that fits in your hand and it's has a camera on it. it's an inside drone and you should be able to fly around your house quite easily without worrying about breaking anything

I'm looking at the emax tinyhawk III Ready To Fly.   Good choice?  Should I pull the trigger?  I have the Protek 35 and it's a rocket, way too much for me.  I have all the DJI equipment, including the black DJI radio, but I don't see a beginner drone that's compatible.
2021-12-7
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

BarnSwallow Posted at 12-7 10:32
I'm looking at the emax tinyhawk III Ready To Fly.   Good choice?  Should I pull the trigger?  I have the Protek 35 and it's a rocket, way too much for me.  I have all the DJI equipment, including the black DJI radio, but I don't see a beginner drone that's compatible.

I think that's an excellent choice. That's an indoor/outdoor drone. And you do have to be careful indoors. The ones I was showing can't hurt anything even if they were to hit it it.

As a comparison the red and yellow one can be moved by the ceiling fans air. Small enough to be pushed by the air conditioner turning on. So small the props don’t have nuts. They just push onto the motors.

The tinyhawk is about 2x as big. They use analog signals but my red and yellow came with a disply that could be mounted as goggles.
20161014_225153.jpg
2021-12-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BarnSwallow. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. You may try using the DJI Virtual Flight ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-virtual-flight ) on an IOS device. The said flight simulator provides an immersive flight experience wherever you go and can enhance your FPV flying skills as well. Thank you.

2021-12-7
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-7 19:50
Hello there BarnSwallow. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. You may try using the DJI Virtual Flight ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-virtual-flight ) on an IOS device. The said flight simulator provides an immersive flight experience wherever you go and can enhance your FPV flying skills as well. Thank you.

[view_image]

Yes, I've been using it, and it's a great tool.  I also spend a lot of time on Liftoff.   I'm going to succeed at this, but  not as quickly as I would like.   
2021-12-8
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

I just now saw that they are the ones who also make the tiny hawk 3

2021-12-8
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

2021-12-8
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

SgtRay Posted at 12-8 13:41
https://youtu.be/voT8N7n8xJw

Yes, I bought the tinyhawk 3, getting it Friday.   Looking forward to a drone that  I don't have to wrry about so much crashing.  Thank You.
2021-12-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

BarnSwallow Posted at 12-8 01:32
Yes, I've been using it, and it's a great tool.  I also spend a lot of time on Liftoff.   I'm going to succeed at this, but  not as quickly as I would like.

Hi there BarnSwallow. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2021-12-9
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I found out today that Betaflight gives you Acro Trainer Mode which means it doesn't self level, but limits rotations.  
2021-12-16
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Scaling down the throttle for easier control

I'm posting things I found along my journey to FPV

How to scale down the throttle in Betaflight if the drone is just too powerful for you to controlIn Betaflight, select CLI (Command Line Interface) on the left at the bottom

set throttle_limit_type=scale
set throttle_limit_percent=75  (if you want 75%  of the throttle or 50% whatever it takes)

Don't forget to click save.

To set it back
set throttle_limit_percent=100
save

2021-12-18
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

If you can't connect to Betaflight