Gimbal alignment drift
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UAS-Tek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 337917 ft
United States

Hello DJI fans.  I have a Phanotm 4 Pro v2.0 that I purchased (used) for mapping work.  At the beginning of every job I routinely calibrate the compass and gimbal, everything appears normal with no error messages.   Once I start a mapping mission with GSPro on my iPad, the P4P camera will start off correctly aligned at a 75 degree tilt but within 20-30 photos the camera alignment slowly turns to the right, and gradually the alignment is way off and the mapping mission is ruined.  I have had the ribbon cables replaced to the motors, but the problem persists.  A new gimbal assembly is well over $500 but I'm trying to find a solution that I can do myself, or a less expensive alternative such as sending the problem gimbal in to be rebuilt or exchanged.   Does anyone have the same problem or a solution?  
2021-12-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there UAS-Tek. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know before experiencing this issue on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro, was there a hard landing or a crash that happened  to the said DJI drone? Thank you.
2021-12-7
Use props
UAS-Tek
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for the response Stephen.  I don't know about the previous owner, but I have not had any hard landings or crashes.  I flew a test flight before buying this drone used, and the gimbal was making a twitching motion when I was banking and turning.  I landed it, calibrated the gimbal, and took off for another flight.  The gimbal did fine after that initial test flight and calibration so I bought it, but the first time I used it for a job the camera started going off alignment within a short time of starting a mission.  It is random, sometimes I get 15 minutes in to a mission before the camera will start to go astray.

Scott
2021-12-7
Use props
UAS-Tek
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-12-7 20:01
Hello there UAS-Tek. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know before experiencing this issue on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro, was there a hard landing or a crash that happened  to the said DJI drone? Thank you.

It’s been awhile, can you provide assistance? I flew yesterday, gimbal calibrated fine 5 times but when I started a mapping mission, the gimbal would go from normal at 90 degrees to limp after the first turning movement. I would land, recalibrate and try again. I finally had to give up.
2022-2-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

UAS-Tek Posted at 2-23 10:11
It’s been awhile, can you provide assistance? I flew yesterday, gimbal calibrated fine 5 times but when I started a mapping mission, the gimbal would go from normal at 90 degrees to limp after the first turning movement. I would land, recalibrate and try again. I finally had to give up.

Hi there UAS-Tek. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Before this issue happened was there a hard landing or crash that happened to your DJI Drone and are you also receiving any error message on the DJI application when this is happening? Thank you.
2022-2-24
Use props
UAS-Tek
lvl.1
United States

Hello Stephen.  This is the same response you had to my original post on 12-7-2021.  I bought this drone used, I have not crashed it or had any hard landings.  I'm looking for a way to test the gimbal motors individually so I can determine which one is failing.  Do you or any DJI experts out there know of a way to actually test the gimbal to see which part(s) are failing?
2022-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules