12Next >
12186 71 2021-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SFO-sanjay
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,
    So initially when I got my pixel 6 pro and tried to used DJI GO 4, it just crashed. As soon as I start it will die.

Last week I followed the discussion on this thread and downloaded the latest version of DJI GO 4 from the link provided in the thread - directly from DJI website - and at least the app started, and after a few updates it connects to the DJI MAVIC PRO 2. So at least I can fly the drone using my Pixel 6 pro.

But I keep getting message that the connection for the image is lost. In video mode I don't see the live video as I move the drone around. In camera mode there is a significant lag in the photos shown on my screen. It doesn't seem like there is a live connection between the drone and the smartphone for taking pictures and videos.

So basically pixel 6 pro is not usable to operate my mavic pro 2 at this point.

Anyone else running into these problems? Any suggestions?

Would like to hear from DJI if they have any plans to bring pixel 6 pro into the approved/compatible list of phones for DJI GO 4 (currently I believe it's not).

Thanks in advance!

2021-12-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SFO-sanjay. I am sorry to read and to now that you are having this issue with the mobile device ( Pixel 6 Pro ) that you are using on the DJI Go 4 application and on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. In addition, support for additional mobile devices available as testing and development continues. Thank you.

2021-12-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is a common issue with Android 12 and the Pixel 6,   loads of posts about it here.
2021-12-8
Use props
sabedard
New

Canada

I experienced exactly the same thing as you with my Pixel 6.    App from playstore crashes.  The latest app from DJI "works" but disconnects constantly and when it is working, lags 5 to 30 seconds before I can get a single frame update.
In looking for options, I saw https://flylitchi.com/new as an option, but wasn't sure I wanted to pay the money for something that may not work.  Anyone try this to solve the pixel 6 issues?   
2021-12-25
Use props
SFO-sanjay
lvl.1
United States

sabedard Posted at 12-25 12:15
I experienced exactly the same thing as you with my Pixel 6.    App from playstore crashes.  The latest app from DJI "works" but disconnects constantly and when it is working, lags 5 to 30 seconds before I can get a single frame update.
In looking for options, I saw https://flylitchi.com/new as an option, but wasn't sure I wanted to pay the money for something that may not work.  Anyone try this to solve the pixel 6 issues?

Yeah, you would think DJI would have something about it, right? Pixel 6 is a popular Android smartphone!
2021-12-25
Use props
mathieu.v
New
Flight distance : 14262 ft

France

(up)
Hi,
Pixel 6 Pro user here to report a similar issue. I need DJI Go 4 to run on this phone for professionnal work with a Mavic 2 Pro and a 2 Zoom.
I's been month now that android 12 is out, every app are working flawlessly on this plattform now but all we got from DJI are a few trolljokes here and there ? How disapointing.

Does anybody has found a solution, appart from not using an android 12 phone?
2022-1-2
Use props
silverbullet64
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207894 ft
United States

I'm hoping to keep this thread alive as well. I even tried the DJI Fly app that you can get directly from DJI, but the Mavic 2 Pro is incompatible with it.
2022-2-1
Use props
mathieu.v
New
Flight distance : 14262 ft

France

Hi everyone.
Hi DJI, would you consider to work on this compatibility problem these days ?
I'm actually considering to sell my Mavic 2 in order to migrate to concurrent solutions.
2022-2-6
Use props
djiuser_SBPyDQKH6jcM
New

Finland

Same here. Pretty frustrating and annoying.. in my case, after installing the app on my pixel 6 directly with the APK file, the app does not recognize the given permissions (location and media storage), so no flight is possible.
2022-2-19
Use props
djiuser_6tCSgTjSHx6E
New

Switzerland

It's ridiculous that it still hasn't been fixed. If I would have sold my old phone I favor of my new phone, I wouldn't have been able to fly my drone on 2 vacations now.
2022-3-1
Use props
Chushpajz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824905 ft
Serbia

Bumping post as well. Tons of users have the same problem. @DJI
2022-3-1
Use props
djiuser_WCosDLjnLcS7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2795292 ft
Czechia

I have exactly the same problem.Samsung S 22 ultra
2022-3-12
Use props
Sandor Otvos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11800233 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

I have just purchased a Pixel 6 Pro, unfortunately, my Mavic 2 Pro does not have live video with it.

I downloaded the latest DJI GO4 (4.3.46) from dji.com. The app starts properly, everything else seems to work (drone reacts to control sticks or commands on the phone screen), but there is no live image, just a grey screen. In fact, sometimes the live video pops in for a second, but is lost immediately.

DJI, please provide some fix asap!
2022-3-12
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Looks to me like DJI has abandoned Go 4 software and only updating the Fly app now.

Seems to be very little interest in keeping non DJI Fly apps working at all on common hardware.
2022-3-13
Use props
dolphinvienna
lvl.1
Flight distance : 646 ft
Austria

any solution yet???? dji fly and dji go 4 with both apps i have not been able to see the live video. pixel 6 pro and dji mavic 2 pro. sometimes I can see the live video for 1 or 2 frames then it looses the connection. so no chance to fly.
2022-3-26
Use props
AcidOnFire
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199593 ft
Germany

Hello DJI - hope you're reading your own forums - this is starting to p*ss me off for real. I paid a ...load of money on the Mavic 2 Pro and i can't use it since November when i changed to the Pixel 6 pro.

I'm currently helping myself with a proven-to-work old HTC U11 that i got off of eBay just for the drone, but it isn't connected to the internet, i need to transfer images manually, it makes everything a pain in the backside.

Why do you think you can let customers with a premium product of yours hang in mid air like that? That's so not ok! And at the same time you're asking almost a hundred percent more for the Mavic 3 plus FlyMore, which renders it a useless product for most private users. What's wrong with you?

Please, get your acct together!
Thanks for listening.

Best regards from Germany,
George
2022-3-27
Use props
Dorsoduro123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4800 ft
United Kingdom

AcidOnFire Posted at 3-27 03:58
Hello DJI - hope you're reading your own forums - this is starting to p*ss me off for real. I paid a ...load of money on the Mavic 2 Pro and i can't use it since November when i changed to the Pixel 6 pro.

I'm currently helping myself with a proven-to-work old HTC U11 that i got off of eBay just for the drone, but it isn't connected to the internet, i need to transfer images manually, it makes everything a pain in the backside.

I am in the same boat.  Have not been able to use my drone since I received my pixel 6pro on Google launch day last November.

I keep checking for updates but nothing works.

My mobile network provides a "trade-in" deal. So my old Samsung phone is long gone.

I tried an old S4 that I had as a spare but the images are very laggy and the battery is in a poor state as the phone is ancient.  Then I have to transfer all the images and video to my Google phone.  Not ideal!
2022-4-2
Use props
Yamiray
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20299 ft
France

I can't use my Mavic 2 since I got a new Samsung Galaxy S22+ (Exynos variant) with Android 12. DJI Go 4.3.46 crash every time I try to get into the camera view of my drone.
Please update your app.
2022-4-2
Use props
g1ng3rgirl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32359 ft
United States

Same. Pixel 6 Android 12, no video transmission as of today.
2022-4-26
Use props
sortoffilms
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Same issue here. New Pixel 6 Pro, new Air 2s, new DJI-related headaches and disappointment. Absolutely ridiculous. Either sort it out or give us an explanation as to why it's impossible to sort out.
2022-4-27
Use props
Chushpajz
lvl.3
Serbia

Guys, I have a good and a bad news. Good news are that fix had been made and it's currently available for Android SDK which is given to other app developers (like Litchi, and others), however bad news are that they still haven't dropped a hotfix for us Whenever I try to write something about it, I get either muted or banned. I guess the only proper thing to do is a lawsuit :')
2022-5-7
Use props
Yamiray
lvl.1
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-12-7 20:48
Hello there SFO-sanjay. I am sorry to read and to now that you are having this issue with the mobile device ( Pixel 6 Pro ) that you are using on the DJI Go 4 application and on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. In addition, support for additional mobile devices available as testing and development continues. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hello, any news from DJI about the issue between DJI Go 4 (4.3.46) and Galaxy S22 (Exynos) ?
I can't use my Mavic 2 Pro for 2 months now !

Did DJI discontinued all support for 3 years old 1500$ drone ?!

2022-5-20
Use props
djiuser_6nlm4KgAGh4A
New

United States

Yamiray Posted at 4-2 08:27
I can't use my Mavic 2 since I got a new Samsung Galaxy S22+ (Exynos variant) with Android 12. DJI Go 4.3.46 crash every time I try to get into the camera view of my drone.
Please update your app.

same thing here.. Galaxy S21 and it crashed everytime. $1200 drone is now a paper weight. Imagine my excitement.
2022-5-23
Use props
AcidOnFire
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199593 ft
Germany

Chushpajz Posted at 5-7 01:40
Guys, I have a good and a bad news. Good news are that fix had been made and it's currently available for Android SDK which is given to other app developers (like Litchi, and others), however bad news are that they still haven't dropped a hotfix for us  Whenever I try to write something about it, I get either muted or banned. I guess the only proper thing to do is a lawsuit :')

So how do we verify your information?
Where did you get it?
Is it true what you state?

Please, @DJI, give us something, verify this persons statement or post your own. It's over half a year now. Really sucks.
2022-5-28
Use props
Chushpajz
lvl.3
Serbia

AcidOnFire Posted at 5-28 23:55
So how do we verify your information?
Where did you get it?
Is it true what you state?

Here's the link:
https://developer.dji.com/docume ... 2-8452-400c41240aa5

As you can see there are things that have been fixed in this version and there are supported devices under there. However, DJI GO 4 hasn't seen a light of another day. It's probably been discontinued.
2022-5-31
Use props
Yamiray
lvl.1
France

Chushpajz Posted at 5-31 06:32
Here's the link:
https://developer.dji.com/document/122b5969-d64d-4752-8452-400c41240aa5

Changelog only mentionned a fix for Pixel smartphones, not Galaxy S22.
And DJI GO 4 didn't receive any update for a while ...
2022-6-3
Use props
Chushpajz
lvl.3
Serbia

Yamiray Posted at 6-3 01:52
Changelog only mentionned a fix for Pixel smartphones, not Galaxy S22.
And DJI GO 4 didn't receive any update for a while ...

Yes, only Pixel is mentioned, however I guess they were referring to all android phones that shared the same issue. However, try Litchi and fly. I'm done with waiting.
2022-6-6
Use props
Webdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 674938 ft
France

Just got a P6 (not pro) and the app crashes upon launch so it seems I'm even worse off than those who get the grey screen. Not that it changes much of course.
Surely DJI couldn't fix this easily if only they bothered to do it ? What's the story here ?!
2022-6-12
Use props
Flitt
New

Germany

Hy, I have the same problem with my Google 6 Pro and the DJI Go 4 App. The only solution for me is to use the third party app "Litchy". This App works still great on my Phone and provides a great variaty of Flying-Modes. And even a solution for FPV Flying. But for DJI it is a shame!!!!!
2022-6-26
Use props
Yamiray
lvl.1
France

DJI GO 4 just got an update in V.4.3.50. I didn't find any changelog.

I'll test if the issue with Galaxy S22 Exynos variant is resolved next week-end.

2022-6-28
Use props
Yamiray
lvl.1
France

Yamiray Posted at 6-28 00:43
DJI GO 4 just got an update in V.4.3.50. I didn't find any changelog.

I'll test if the issue with Galaxy S22 Exynos variant is resolved next week-end.

... sadly, even if the app didn't crash anymore on my Galaxy S22 Exynos variant, the live video from the drone is very laggy, unusable. I'm still unable to fly my Mavic 2
2022-6-28
Use props
ogosset
lvl.1

France

Same issue with V. 4.3.5 and my Pixel 6 Pro. We are in July , hollydays closing , issue know for 8 or 9 month and still not working wih the video link. Really can't understand why DJI is putting is reputation at risk. Solve or communicate on your failure but dont let your customers in a void.
For now I fly with Litchi (fine) but then had to connect with DJI GO to get my media back on the phone.
For firmware and data base update, for the (f******) magnetic compass , you can't get ride of DJI GO.
Switching from one app to other, that's cool stupid ( old chinese wisdom)
2022-7-3
Use props
djiuser_YzO8aYcJE5q5
New

Canada

Same problem on a pixel 6 pro.  Does anyone know if I buy an old phone specially for flying the drone, will that work? Will I lose some functionality without a sim card?
2022-7-3
Use props
ogosset
lvl.1

France

djiuser_YzO8aYcJE5q5 Posted at 7-3 04:23
Same problem on a pixel 6 pro.  Does anyone know if I buy an old phone specially for flying the drone, will that work? Will I lose some functionality without a sim card?

I'm not sure you can't record anything serious on the internal memory. Use a SD card. If you dont have and old phone just use Litchi for flying. Then afeter landing deisconnect and reconnect with DJI Go to download the vid. That's time consuming but that work. As an heavy Quik user I need the clip on the phone not on a PC
2022-7-3
Use props
djiuser_J1utZptnwFhp
New

United States

Unbelievable!!!   

Having gotten ZERO verbal support from DJI's team over the phone (being told to "buy an older phone"),  I've been on so many different forums trying to resolve this issue, found this one and just now realized its DJI's OWN FORUM, and there AGAIN, is NO EXPLENATION or response to the hundreds to thousands of us using Pixel 6 with our current Mavic Pro drone, with ZERO answers!  I am a professional photographer that relies on my tools to function properly,  especially the one's I have invested THOUSANDS of dollars into!  

I previously ran a VR upstart company with ex-Microsoft execs and have access to a wide variety of legal resources in that regards.  After speaking with several people those circles, they believe a class action lawsuit is COMPLETLY warranted at this point,  With absolute silence on DJI's part, and the money that I am consistently losing by not being able to use their product I bought for that purpose, it seems it may have to come to this!...  If anyone at DJI reads this and actually thinks I'm BSing, feel free to look up my profile at: linkedin.com/in/bryan-mchenry-5ba862a9[/url]    I currently work for Nissan Corp NNA in Sales and Digital Marketing with a HUGE shoot coming next week in Pomona, CA to unveil Nissan's Aryia (eclectic SUV) for first time in North America.  I planned on using my Mavic Pro as part of my 2 day shoot, but now have to resort to renting other drone options - NOT A GOOD LOOK AT ALL for DJI (suggesting someone from DJI reaches out to me and ships me a controller I can use ASAP prior to my shoot on July 12th) - I'm very disappointed and ready to take legal action with whoever wishes to join myself and the thirty plus other Mavic owners I have already connected with regarding this non-compliance issue!  

It would not surprise me one bit if this post is deleted from this thread shortly (if they even are listening to us here?) but I have screen shoots, video, and have recorded my few phone conversations with "customer support" the past five months.  I also don't have a problem sharing my contact info here, as I have been absolutely transparent with DJI from the moment these issues started and I couldn't use my drone...  Feel free to contact me at 805-485-0043

Bryan McHenry, owner, Avalon-Images.com, current
Nissan Corp. NNA, Digital Marketing and Sales, current
California Institute of the Arts, Faculty, current
Director of Production and Sales, VRCinematic, 2017
2022-7-4
Use props
djiuser_xGouBjw18QzZ
New

United States

I guess I'll just add a +1 to this string of posts. In my case I have access to a pixel 1, pixel 3, and pixel 6. Of course I'm here because none of them work. The DJI go 4 app immediately crashes on launch for the pixel 1 & 3. Then of course like everyone else here the pixel 6 video disconnects and lags even when the controller & phone are right next to the drone.

I wonder if DJI's lack of support for the pixel line is because they can't secretly subvert the security of the device and exfil all of our data back to the Chinese overlords in the motherland like they can do with non Google devices? Or perhaps they just don't want the Google project zero team looking into their shady app and uncovering what everyone has suspected for years... DJI just proxying for the APT hackers back home? Or I suppose the final option could be that the DJI developers & testing team are just really bad at their jobs and can't support more than a few devices for any given version.
2022-7-14
Use props
FlybyKnight82
New

United States

I am guessing there is still nothing that we can do?

This is ridiculous, I have a Mavic Air/google pixel 6 that's now just a paperweight.  Sad that a company can't get anything to support its customer base.  If I would have known they just leave their customers out to dry I wouldn't have purchased a device and surely wont be purchasing another one.
2022-7-19
Use props
Sh4m4n
lvl.1
Canada

Hello DJI Support,

I bought my pixel 6 one month ago and realized  during a professionnal shooting the incompatibility with my phone.
It was the last thing I expected from this product. Tought It was a joke and issued from my side, but it's seems that DJI have not work on an upgrade.  
All my drones comes from dji for the quality, support and compatibility and it is a disappointement to be obliged to change a famous and used phone ( pixel 6 ) or my mavic 2 pro with more then 2000$ invested.
I look forward to hearing from you.
2022-7-22
Use props
Sh4m4n
lvl.1
Canada

Litchi app seems to work with the Mavic 2 pro. I have a good video signal. It is not a free app but it works fine
2022-7-22
Use props
djiuser_FTFxTuA8ABUt
New
Flight distance : 446 ft
United States

Fix this DJI!!! Pixel 6 users are dealing with $1500 bricks right now. Why why why why why? As you can tell I'm not a happy camper!
2022-8-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules