DJI GO 4 on Pixel 6 pro still doesn't work for my DJI Mavic Pro 2
12103 69 2021-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sir_Alcagoita
lvl.1

Portugal

I'm in the same boat. They just don't care.
2022-8-3
Use props
djiuser_6u6zVBse4owy
New

Australia

Still doesn't work! DJI abandoning an app like this is just gross and makes me think they'll keep doing it for all their products. Effectively only giving them a life of 2 years before they become useless bricks
2022-8-4
Use props
Tutenkamun
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276844 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have also moved to Litchi app.
It seems DJI Go 4 no longer works on Android 12 phones, so now Samsung, Pixel nor any modern Android phones seem to work. Extremely poor form from Samsung. As a professional working for a National Broadcaster I can say that no other company treats their customers like this. "Buy another phone" is NOT a solution!
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_LRruDcE26KmH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14787 ft

United Kingdom

I'm confused
I have a Mavic pro 2 , then got a pixel 6pro ..
Initially it wouldn't work, found the cure of downloading the APK file direct from DJI this allowed me to open DJI go 4 app but I had the grey screen .
So couldn't use the Mavic pro 2 .then bought an older Mavic pro. That worked fine with app , phone and drone . Flew it , took photos , it worked . Now it doesn't. App crashes on opening, reinstalled APK file still no joy . Also have an osmo ..mimo app does the same , worked fine ....now it don't
DJI_0479.jpg
2022-8-12
Use props
djiuser_AeKs0Ewcf2bt
New

Germany

Hello, I have changed my device to pixel 6 view weeks ago.
I have the same problems.
What can I do? Thinking DJI doesn't care about this problem.
2022-8-13
Use props
AcidOnFire
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199593 ft
Germany

Updated my Pixel 6 pro today to Android 13.

Both the 4.3.46 and the 4.3.50 versions now crash instantly, whereas on Android 12 they would at least launch. So i guess it got worse.

Thanks, DJI and Google. Whatever it is you have to settle with each other, do it. Customers ain't happy.
2022-8-16
Use props
GRIZOR
New
France

Seriously ??? today is 6 of September 2022 and I discover that my Pixel 6 Pro doesn't run DJI GO 4 correctly ??? Why DJI doesn't do anything to fix that ???
2022-9-6
Use props
Yamiray
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20299 ft
France

I just update to the last DJI GO Go 4 version published few days ago (V.4.3.52). There isn't any change on Galaxy S22 !

I'm still unable to use my Mavic 2. It's been 8 month now ! This is outrageous DJI !! I will not recommended any of your product anymore regarding the lack of support and update to address software issues on 3 years old products !
2022-9-10
Use props
AcidOnFire
lvl.2
Germany

Hello, a little heads-up for the Pixel 6 users:
The aforementioned version 4.3.52 on the DJI website has finally fixed the app for the Android 13 Pixel 6 pro I'm using.
I'm not saying thank you. I'm saying it was about time.

I'm sorry to hear that Galaxy S22 still doesn't work.
2022-9-16
Use props
Sir_Alcagoita
lvl.1

Portugal

AcidOnFire Posted at 9-16 20:56
Hello, a little heads-up for the Pixel 6 users:
The aforementioned version 4.3.52 on the DJI website has finally fixed the app for the Android 13 Pixel 6 pro I'm using.
I'm not saying thank you. I'm saying it was about time.

How did you pass the warning "Allow access to external storage"?

I've tried to Allow all the permissions but still stuck on that...
2022-9-27
Use props
AcidOnFire
lvl.2
Germany

I didn't get that permission request since the Google Pixels don't have external storage.

I have to report though that i was too quick with my information. After seeing that the app worked it took me a few more days to actually notice that the video feed while flying is still broken.

DJI Go 4 still incompatible with Pixel 6.

And then this happened: https://interestingengineering.com/culture/worlds-largest-drone-manufacturer-dji-blacklisted

That won't be helping DJI and the apps, i presume.

[EDIT]
I switched to Pixel 7 pro. No change. DJI Go 4 launches, connects, but the video feed is unstable to a point where flying is impossible. Same as on the P6pro.
2022-10-10
Use props
Donca
New

Germany

i stillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll have the same issue since i have the pixel with my Mavic Air.

There was never another option than using my old Huawei 10 mate light to fly
2022-10-23
Use props
SasGIN
New

Switzerland

Also got the same problem than the orginial post... seriously DJI... some people need your devices to work! you can't just leave it like this!
2022-10-27
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

....and just to add the Pixel 7 Pro has the same issues.

Latest version of Go4 from the website.
It all loads up but the camera gets 1 second of live video, then grey for 30 seconds and repeats.  Telemetry and options all work but you just cant see whats going on at all.
USB Debug makes no difference so its completely unusable.

Nothing to do with the SDK or anything as Litchi, DroneDeploy and other apps all work perfectly fine on it - its Go4 at fault.

I mean if its going to work on any device at all it should be the pixels running a near reference version of Android on absolutely referenced hardware.

2022-10-27
Use props
MBraa3
New

United States

Sandor Otvos Posted at 2022-3-12 14:28
I have just purchased a Pixel 6 Pro, unfortunately, my Mavic 2 Pro does not have live video with it.

I downloaded the latest DJI GO4 (4.3.46) from dji.com. The app starts properly, everything else seems to work (drone reacts to control sticks or commands on the phone screen), but there is no live image, just a grey screen. In fact, sometimes the live video pops in for a second, but is lost immediately.

Same. Here's day two of looking into it. Pixel 7 Pro
2023-1-24
Use props
MBraa3
New

United States

gnirtS Posted at 2022-10-27 07:01
....and just to add the Pixel 7 Pro has the same issues.

Latest version of Go4 from the website.

And here we are, crickets from DJI. Awesome
2023-1-24
Use props
djiuser_ULLoI6uTqAct
New

United States

Still an issue, 1/31/23.
2023-1-31
Use props
monkey_penny
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68100 ft
United States

Still an issue with my Pixel 6, as of Feb 9, 2023
2023-2-9
Use props
Yaros1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Guys! Try this!
It works for me, definitely!

If you still have DJI Go4 installed, go to phone settings --> Apps --> DJI GO 4 --> Storage & Cache --> Clear Storage, Clear Cache, clear both, then delete the app.
Once deleted, install this version of the app linked below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... view?usp=share_link
2023-2-9
Use props
AcidOnFire
lvl.2
Germany

Yaros1 Posted at 2-9 14:35
Guys! Try this!
It works for me, definitely!

Hello,
I checked the 4.3.48 on my Pixel 7 Pro (pretty sure I did already before, but your post made me check again...). Unfortunately the result is identical to the current 4.3.54. There has been no improvement or worsening between those two versions. Video Feed Connection simply isn't stable and sometimes drops out totally. Nothing we can do about it. DJI needs to fix and I guess they have no interest anymore since Go4 isn't being used for any of the newer drones anymore. Its legacy code and I doubt they'll look after us old device owners. Sad.
2023-4-14
Use props
Yaros1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

AcidOnFire Posted at 4-14 04:12
Hello,
I checked the 4.3.48 on my Pixel 7 Pro (pretty sure I did already before, but your post made me check again...). Unfortunately the result is identical to the current 4.3.54. There has been no improvement or worsening between those two versions. Video Feed Connection simply isn't stable and sometimes drops out totally. Nothing we can do about it. DJI needs to fix and I guess they have no interest anymore since Go4 isn't being used for any of the newer drones anymore. Its legacy code and I doubt they'll look after us old device owners. Sad.

That isn't an issue with the app or phone then. Replace the cable and see if the issue persists. I had similar behavior with my Air 2 recently and I fixed it by changing the cable that links the phone and controller.
2023-4-15
Use props
djiuser_Lmzs0aMj7FE4
lvl.1

Mexico

En pleno 2023 usando Pixel 6 Pro con android 14 y no puedo volar mi Mavic 2 Pro, tuve que recurrir a comprar un celular antiguo Samsung a50 para poder volarlo es increíble y decepcionante que una compañía como DJI NO LE DÉ LA ACTUALIZACIÓN A SU APLICACIÓN DJI Go 4 para que sea compatible con móviles en la actualidad
2023-12-13
Use props
fansc940e990
New

Chile

Is there any solution for this yet? It's about 1 year since the last post so I assume there is, but I can't connect to the drone from my pixel 5 not 7
2-25 08:42
Use props
djiuser_N66L6Vubsx79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104416 ft
Germany

I am facing the same problem. After updating my Samsung Tab s7 to Android 14, tha App quit working. It was working fine with V13. I updated to the latest version but no changes. Please make it working for Android 14 on Samsung Tabs.
2-25 13:28
Use props
AntonioHealer
New

Mexico

Hello, I have the same problem with a Samsung A54 with Android 14, currently I have not found a solution.
3-16 18:47
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

AntonioHealer Posted at 3-16 18:47
Hello, I have the same problem with a Samsung A54 with Android 14, currently I have not found a solution.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please try reinstalling the DJI Go 4 app on your mobile device and install the latest version on our website using the link below. If the issue persists, please enable USB debugging on your mobile device or try a different USB cable to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted.

https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
3-17 01:07
Use props
ThurnYTaxis
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-17 01:07
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please try reinstalling the DJI Go 4 app on your mobile device and install the latest version on our website using the link below. If the issue persists, please enable USB debugging on your mobile device or try a different USB cable to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted.

https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

I've got a Mavic 2 Pro and had most recently used it about 6 months ago, on my Pixel 7a phone and the 4.3.60 DJI Go 4 app. Today I started it up and I get the "1 image per 10 seconds" problem as reported here. My phone is running Android 14.

There is no problem with the USB cable or the SD card in the drone. I did un-install and reinstall the DJI Go app and it makes no difference.

Apparently DJI does not provide a working app to run on modern Android phones. This is, to put it mildly, quite disappointing. I'd like to hear if there is some plan from DJI to support these older drones. It was quite expensive and is perfectly good hardware.

Does anyone have recommendations for a different app to control the drone? I do map from time to time using DroneLink, however I'm just looking to do some hand-held flying and photography today.

Thank you.
4-5 13:31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ThurnYTaxis Posted at 4-5 13:31
I've got a Mavic 2 Pro and had most recently used it about 6 months ago, on my Pixel 7a phone and the 4.3.60 DJI Go 4 app. Today I started it up and I get the "1 image per 10 seconds" problem as reported here. My phone is running Android 14.

There is no problem with the USB cable or the SD card in the drone. I did un-install and reinstall the DJI Go app and it makes no difference.

Hi, ThurnYTaxis. Apologies for reading about this feedback and for any inconvenience caused. This is not the experience we want you to have. In this case, what we can do is to further isolate and check. Could you please share with me a sample video or screen recording showing the response and issue on the DJI Go 4 App? You may upload it through Goggle drive or drop box then share the link here. Additionally, by any chance you are able to borrow or used a different mobile device and check if the issue will also occur upon using a different mobile device. Thank you.
4-5 22:26
Use props
ThurnYTaxis
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-5 22:26
Hi, ThurnYTaxis. Apologies for reading about this feedback and for any inconvenience caused. This is not the experience we want you to have. In this case, what we can do is to further isolate and check. Could you please share with me a sample video or screen recording showing the response and issue on the DJI Go 4 App? You may upload it through Goggle drive or drop box then share the link here. Additionally, by any chance you are able to borrow or used a different mobile device and check if the issue will also occur upon using a different mobile device. Thank you.

Ok, I will take a video of the controller screen for you next week to help you see the problem.

For a little more info, DroneLink had no trouble with the drone today and I ended up getting my photos using Litchi. It worked seamlessly.
4-6 04:30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ThurnYTaxis Posted at 4-6 04:30
Ok, I will take a video of the controller screen for you next week to help you see the problem.

For a little more info, DroneLink had no trouble with the drone today and I ended up getting my photos using Litchi. It worked seamlessly.

Thank you for the additional information and cooperation. To further check, did you also try to use a different mobile device to see if the concern will also occur upon using a different mobile device? You may also send the link through PM. Thank you.
4-6 04:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules