DJI Mavic 2 Pro VS Mavic 3 Pro | Should You Upgrade?
1847 9 2021-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mavic 2 Pro VS Mavic 3 Pro | Should You Upgrade?

2021-12-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

For a lot of applications you won't need the M3, but......
2021-12-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 12-8 05:19
For a lot of applications you won't need the M3, but......

It’s a nice to have for me. Not really needed.  
2021-12-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 12-8 06:02
It’s a nice to have for me. Not really needed.

Exactly my point.
2021-12-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Agreed.  
2021-12-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

2021-12-8
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I will not upgrade from my Mavic 2 Pro to Mavic 3, at least not yet. The reason is that the Mavic 3 don't have the EU C-class classification. So it means the M3 is in EU terms a legacy drone that flies with restrictions (compared to a drone with a C classification - but no such drones are available yet). So in short, I won't buy yet another legacy drone.
Yet another consideration is that it was prematurely released. Announced functions are missing. But that is nothing new to DJI - they announce features and start selling them without everything working. With luck everything works just right before the next iteration of the product is released.
2021-12-8
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Rob W Posted at 12-8 09:28
I will not upgrade from my Mavic 2 Pro to Mavic 3, at least not yet. The reason is that the Mavic 3 don't have the EU C-class classification. So it means the M3 is in EU terms a legacy drone that flies with restrictions (compared to a drone with a C classification - but no such drones are available yet). So in short, I won't buy yet another legacy drone.
Yet another consideration is that it was prematurely released. Announced functions are missing. But that is nothing new to DJI - they announce features and start selling them without everything working. With luck everything works just right before the next iteration of the product is released.

same for me. No EU class yet or to much "maybe". Which is important for me when I travel back to EU.

Using my M2P mainly for photography. The wider angle and the bigger sensor is a plus point for me. But doesn't rectify the price for me. I'm not a videographer. Wished the extra wide angle lens would be available for the M2P.
Don't need the large memory of the Cine version, but love to have the pro controller in a pack with the lower priced version.

No, for the moment a "skip" for me.
2021-12-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rob W Posted at 12-8 09:28

My thoughts exactly.   Although the rumours are the new firmware is coming next week.
2021-12-9
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am a recreational flier, so it's not really a matter of life and death for me.  
Professionals have their own reasons, they would have to decide if the M3 is better suited for them or not.
I originally got my Mavic Pro for reconnaissance purposes. As a landscape photographer, I often need to find a good vantage point, and performing footwork in rough terrain can be exceedingly costly time and effort-wise. So my initial goal was simply to be able to scout the potential places without having to hike for two hours.
After using it and learning about 1" sensor of Mavic 2 Pro, I have realized it can actually take pretty decent pictures, at least in Pano mode, so I sold MP and got Mavic 2 Pro. Zoom was not really my toy due to smallish sensor and lack of interest in video (at the time).
Now comes Mavic 3:
* Even bigger sensor: low noise
* Full manual camera control: what a delight for an advanced photographer!
* 45 minute battery: an extra flight or two on the same stick
* Super bright screen of RC Pro: in SoCal/Southwest a midday sun can be sometimes a problem
* Explore mode : for my original recon purposes I can't even begin to tell you how much does that mean, as I can zoom in and check a place in mere seconds without spending 5-10-20 minutes of flying to and back

So the ultimate question: is it worth it? For me: hell yeah.
YMMV
2021-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules