Phantom 3 Disconnected after a few seconds
1021 8 2021-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thitou67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94724 ft

France

Hello everybody ,  I have a problem with my phantom 3 standard.

Everything seems to be working fine :

1. I turn the power on on the ac and the rc
2 I link the ac with the rc with the button on the drone
3.both remote and drone leds are green
4. I open dji go and I can see everything, battery info, aircraft statut, video feed etc..

Then after a few second (maybe 1 min) , the video feed stop, the led on the remote change to red and the "disconnect" message appear on the app. All of the drone information are gone and I can see nothing. My phone is still connected to the rc wifi.

I can still fly the aicraift with the remote, move the gimball etc.. But the dji go app is completely disconnected.. When this occurs, rebinding will not work.. Both led are blinking but never reconnect back . I have to turn off the ac and rc then rebind in order to make things work again.

Before things go bad I can see "radio Chanel quality" changed from good to poor very fast.. Is like 1 sec good then 1 sec poor and again etc..  Then seems to stabilize to good.

This is really weird...

Thing that I have already tried :

1.Force firmware reinstall with an SD card (logs show update success)

2.Rebind rc and ac
3.Calibrating rc
4. Change password
5.press 10 sec the link button for a "reset"
6.Use the two methods of linking (with app and with the remote)
7. Take appart the ac and check the antenna connectors

The only thing that I have don't try is to update firmware with the app by olding the upper right corner in dji go.

Could you please help me with this? I'm really sad and I don't know what to do
2021-12-8
Use props
Thitou67
lvl.1

France

I think this is a software problem.. I can go far away from the drone and I'm still connect with the video feed in dji go.. So the antenna seems to be OK. But like I said after one minute everything is disconnect from the app.

I have a few oder questions..

Why I need to bind ac and rc everytime I turn the aircraft on? This is normal?

Why I can control the drone and the camera whereas the led on the remote is red? And why just dji go seems to disconnect and not everything (I can still control the drone with the rc when the problem occur) ?

Is this problem can be done by any interference or so? But in this case why the drone can't reconnect itself after a short period of time?

Thank you a lot for your help, is really kind of you. Every idea are welcome!
2021-12-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Thitou67. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and arte you receiving any error messages on the DJI Go application when this is happening? In addition, kindly please fly your DJI Phantom 3 Standard to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist. The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2021-12-8
Use props
Thitou67
lvl.1

France

Hello Stephen, thank you for your fast reply!

I'm using a Honor 9x which is on Android 10.

When dji go works, I don't see any error message. Just the warning for saying that the drone is in atti mode (I'm inside for testing so the GPS won't find satellites). Maybe sometimes "remote signal weak" for 3-4 second then back to normal. Saying that, I'm really wondering a interference problem.

I'm gonna go outside today to test if the problem occurs, maybe something in my home is creating interferences. But why every minutes? Anyway I'm going outside for testing now.

Please let me know if want some other informations.
2021-12-9
Use props
Thitou67
lvl.1

France

I have some really good news!

I go outside two times with the aircraft today.. Everything work properly, the app stay connected.

This was an interference problem I guess, only happening inside.

Thank you for your help.
2021-12-9
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing. interesting comments
2021-12-22
Use props
Thitou67
lvl.1

France

Dong ZeYuan Posted at 12-22 13:30
Thanks for sharing.  interesting comments

Hello, yes this very interesting..

I have done some further experiments with this issue. In fact, the problem don't occur in a fixed period of time.. It can be some seconds or a  couple of minutes.. Sometimes the drone seems to stay connected.

To be 100% sure that my drone don't have a problem, I return outside and test the connection.
I've done everything just like I'm doing indoor. Just turn on the drone, connect the phone and the remote and wait without flying.

The problem never happen again, after 45 minutes I decided to stop the test and go outside because I was freezing up (winter time at 10 pm
2021-12-22
Use props
Thitou67
lvl.1

France

After that i fly it a few times and the problem never occur again

So I guess this is not "problem".. Just some random Wi-Fi interferences.. Even the first time I had this issue I was inside. The problem never happened outside.

Thank you a lot for your message, let me know what you think
2021-12-22
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

Thitou67 Posted at 12-22 14:18
Hello, yes this very interesting..

I have done some further experiments with this issue. In fact, the problem don't occur in a fixed period of time.. It can be some seconds or a  couple of minutes.. Sometimes the drone seems to stay connected.

Thanks for sharing
2021-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules