Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Inspire 2 Firmware Released (12/9/2021)
5009 46 2021-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob W
Captain
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

erkq Posted at 1-12 19:10
I upgraded one of our Inspire2/X7 combos to .0600 and all is not rosy. The controllers are current. It flies great, gimbal is much better, but camera control is really screwy. No matter if the Master or Slave controls it, it's the same.

The .0600 Inspire and .0600 X7 combo will not stay in Manual mode... just pops right out to Aperture or Shutter mode.

Sorry to hear about your problems.Please send in a ticket to support as DJI never responds here at the forum. Hopefully we can get a safe and working firmware in the future. I've struggled nearly a year now with DJI and issues with the Optimized Power Mode.
1-13 07:57
Use props
erkq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2122759 ft
United States

I just thought I'd add... .0600 works fine with an X5s.  It's just the X7 that's having problems.
1-13 09:22
Use props
FVP
First Officer
France

Update=Joke
1-14 10:05
Use props
fans784f71b4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5282 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have the sdk or a parameter editor you can change the trigger of the OPM. I had to do this because it was keeping me from doing my job. Every race it was triggering OPM to throttle me down. Search for "bat" and of those you need to decrees 'bat warning 1" and "bat warning 2" to minimum and "max bat power" needs to be increased. Not suggesting anyone do this it is just what i did.  
1-25 14:05
Use props
fans784f71b4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5282 ft
  • >>>
United States

raw_bat_level 1....

raw_bat_level 2....

max_bat_power

1-25 15:19
Use props
Hawaii Inspire
lvl.1

United States

A bit of update on my previous posts about the recent update and ensuing crash.
Arm and Gimbal had to be changed. An exhaustive process. What a complex machine. Took many hours to take the machine apart to be able to change the arm and only after putting it back together it turned out that  the gimbal wires were damaged too, so I had to order that part and go through few more hours of work to get this thing taken apart and put back together.

Changing arms are not easy. Very delicate process, a lot of parts that needs to be taken apart and put back together to get the arm replaced. Don't do it unless you have the time.

Then there is the calibrating the arm to make sure everything is equal and balanced. I mean the blades, angle of attachment of the arm...etc. No clear marking on the parts. All just has to be done emperically.

But then it came the real fun part. After all this I took the drone for a test. Holly lord, it was going all over the place. Shooting upward and dropping like a piece of rock out of sky. had to work the manual controller like it is a video game at its max level. Finally managed to have it climb high enough to get my nerves back to gather and then try to land it safely. It took a while and it was not fun whatsoever. Barely managed to put it down and avoid hitting the house by the skin of my teeth. What a nightmare.

Mind you, I had done the on screen suggested calibration prior to the test flight. Compass was calibrated. No errors on screen. All charged up..etc.

What was not okay, as I found out was the IMU. It had to be calibrated too. I would have done that , had the controller had suggested it in the first place. Anyways, did the IMU calibration, as a few of you guys had suggested it in your replies above, but it then started giving me ESC error warnings. ESC1, ESC2....etc.

Was convinced that I just have to throw the machine away. Seeing its supper erratic behavior in the test flight and the previous crash made me think that this machine is beyond repair and an absolute danger to anyone and anything. A heavy and fast drone with huge damaging/kill potential. All what it takes is for it to just head somewhere and hit someone or something and then I have to deal with a big lawsuit...etc, not to mention the traumatic feelings afterward.

Anyways, the last thing I decided to do before retiring/ throwing this drone away was to do look up online for similar stores and remedies people had resorted to. Ended up redoing the IMU calibration. Restarting the machine multipole time, going through the menu and resetting each and every possible option that could be reset. Then removing the batteries. Doing another reset and to my surprise the drone stopped giving the error alerts.
Took it for another test flight, this time way farther and out in the boonies. The drone seemed to climb fine. Hovering without much of problem. Did a a whole bunch slow maneuvers. Nothing extreme, just to see if the drone follows the directions. At this point it appears it tends to not deviate much. Systems are fine. Lands Okay. It still descends way too fast but it catches itself about 10 feet off the ground and lands gently.
It however seem to not be waiting to come back to land at the take off. You just have to take over and do a manual final control.

Anyways. That's the story.
I would have never updated the drone if it was not because of almost forced upgrade alerts on the screen. If you can live without those alerts or can bypass them, I highly recommend to not upgrade the machine. I don't really care for the machine it self, its just I can imagine it can get someone in real bad problems, if you happen to lose control and hit someone.
But that is just my take. You do what you think is right.
2-18 19:07
Use props
Paul Joy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3754318 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After a few years using the .300 firmware without any problems I recently got a sudden battery drop from 85% - 15% which lasted less than a second. I notice this was reported as being addressed in a recent firmware so decided to update to the latest version .600. Since updating the Inspire 2 has been a nightmare, the gimbal horizon is constantly drifting off where it was rock solid previously (x7). I'm also getting way more interference and choppy video display than I've ever seen before. I think I'm going to try and go back, not sure if thats possible yet.
4-20 06:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules