New Inspire 2 Firmware Released (12/9/2021)
12Next >
12383 51 2021-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
Date: 2021.12.09
Aircraft Firmware: V01.02.0600
Remote Controller Firmware: Ordinary Remote Controller: v01.01.0080
Cendence Remote Controller: v02.00.0190
DJI GO 4 app:  iOS v4.3.42 or above, Android v4.3.46 or above

What's New?
  • Optimized flight experience by reducing gimbal roll drift.

Notes:
  • When using Inspire 2 with Zenmuse X4S/X5S/X7, it is recommended to update both at the same time.
  • Make sure both the primary and secondary remote controllers are updated to the latest firmware to avoid control errors or camera and gimbal abnormalities.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the remote controller, then try updating again.

2021-12-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2021-12-9
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

It says nothing about it in the release notes, but does it fix the dangerous battery handling? DJI have accknowledged that in mail to me that they've found the issue and was working on fixing it (they wrote that in August), but it says nothing about it being fixed in the release notes.
2021-12-9
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

OK - who is brave enough to go first and update ????  

Please Report back with your experience and findings.  
2021-12-9
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

Joecos Posted at 12-9 11:25
OK - who is brave enough to go first and update ????  

Please Report back with your experience and findings.

Seems like a "light" change log - that's why I'm going to wait, plus it's winter here so can't really fly anyway.  I feel like they didn't document everything.
2021-12-9
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
United States

No way im updating .  After the .500 fw update battery throttle problem,..... I will wait.
2021-12-9
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Joecos Posted at 12-9 18:15
No way im updating .  After the .500 fw update battery throttle problem,..... I will wait.

What if the battery throttle problem has been solved with the update?
2021-12-9
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 12-9 22:25
What if the battery throttle problem has been solved with the update?

I'm very cautious with DJI updates.  A lot of times, these updates contain *hidden* features that are not documented, not in the release notes, and i find it very sketchy.  

I will wait for reviewers to give feedback.   After a few months, and if all reports/feeback are positive, then I will consider updating.

BTW - there is a very lengthy discussion going on about this update on Facebook.  Few have already updated but its too early to tell.  A Lot of Inspire 2 pilots are also very cautious and will wait.

2021-12-10
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

Joecos Posted at 12-10 09:29
I'm very cautious with DJI updates.  A lot of times, these updates contain *hidden* features that are not documented, not in the release notes, and i find it very sketchy.  

I will wait for reviewers to give feedback.   After a few months, and if all reports/feeback are positive, then I will consider updating.

I'm not a Facebook user but would like to see what the conversation is about,  any chance you can point me to where this conversation is happening?    Thanks in advance.
2021-12-10
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
United States

FanOfFlight Posted at 12-10 18:57
I'm not a Facebook user but would like to see what the conversation is about,  any chance you can point me to where this conversation is happening?    Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure but I dont think im allowed to add a link to a Facebook page here, so I'll include a screenshot of the Facebook Group name instead.  Sorry, not familiar with the Terms here.

The group name is "DJI Inspire 2 / Drone Owners Network"

Login to your Facebook, then do a search for the above group.  You will have to request "Join" the group so you can read and participate.

There you will see the latest Firmware discussion thread.

2021-12-13
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
United States

Joecos Posted at 12-13 11:19
I'm not sure but I dont think im allowed to add a link to a Facebook page here, so I'll include a screenshot of the Facebook Group name instead.  Sorry, not familiar with the Terms here.

The group name is "DJI Inspire 2 / Drone Owners Network"

Thanks;   I'll look it up.... I don't have an account for FB so I have to borrow someone's :-).

tk
2021-12-14
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

OK...where do I download the new firmware...The latest version under downloads for the Inspire 2 is dated 2020-05-08.  Where do I find this new firmware?????
2021-12-14
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
United States

rmaxwell.dccnet Posted at 12-14 22:59
OK...where do I download the new firmware...The latest version under downloads for the Inspire 2 is dated 2020-05-08.  Where do I find this new firmware?????

There are 2 ways to download/access the firmware....

1) via your Tablet. When you open DJI Go4, the app will automatically check for latest version. Make sure your wifi connection is solid. You dont want a corrupted download file if your wifi signal is weak. Once prompted for new version, select Yes or Accept to update.  Make sure batteries of your inspire is fully charged.

2) via Assistant 2.  Log-in to your Assistant 2 (for Inspire 2 version) and from your computer, plug USB cable to your Inspire and once Assistant 2 and Inspire will do their handshake, you will be prompted to New firmware version available, .... do you want to update?  Again, make sure aircraft batteries are charged during updating.

After update - highly recommended to do a complete IMU / compass calibration.

As always - TEST aircraft before doing any difficult mission/projects.

Good Luck!

2021-12-15
Use props
Bejbin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8039915 ft
Poland

I am currently using the 01.02.0300 firmware and there is no way I can update to any newer one. I tried with iPad, Crystalsky, DJI Assistant 2 - I always have "Failed to Upgrade Error (0x152800)". What else could I do to make it work?
2021-12-15
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

So, it is quite clear by now that the issues with the Optimized Power Management still plagues the .600 firmware. There is posts in RCGroups forum about it. By the post there it might even be worse in the .600 firmware than .500 firmware, but I guess more testing must be done by those who dare flying these firmware versions.
2021-12-17
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

DJI entered Death Valley a few years ago. This is what happens to all societies who believe themselves on them. They are successful, think they are the best, don't listen to their users, don't watch the competition and one fine day disappear because a new company invents what everyone has been asking DJI for too long.

Death valley ...
2021-12-18
Use props
Ground Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Here is a test video from Mads Tech. He says that he has had no problems with the .500 and also with the new .600.
Maybe only limited Inspire 2 production series are affected?
2021-12-20
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Ground Pilot Posted at 12-20 04:02
Here is a test video from Mads Tech. He says that he has had no problems with the .500 and also with the new .600.

It is probably because he flew quite slow, merely crawling forward on a complete windless evening in ideal conditions. The throttling down will probably occur in more windy conditions while perhaps pressing the I2 harder (higher speeds, quick turns etc.). The problem as I see it is you don't know when it will happen, and if you could exit the throttling down mode and regain normal power output. I read from a former DJI employee who tested the .500 firmware out and he wrote that it was a dramatic decrease in power. If you can't exit that mode it is really dangerous, perhaps even more dangerous than what it wants to fix.
2021-12-21
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2021-12-21
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
United States

Maybe only limited Inspire 2 production series are affected?

Despite Ian's (Mads Tech) overall somewhat - neutral review - I will still not update.

I will stay with my .300 firmware for now.
My only complaints are:  unstable hover, tilted horizon (fixable) and weekly compass calibration, there's more but those are my top 3.

I can live with those for now.
2021-12-21
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2021-12-21
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

For a very long time, nearly all of 2021, I've been in contact with DJI regarding the remaining issues the Inspire 2 has. My main concern have been the OPM "feature/bug", the so called Optimized Power Management that can kick in at times, making the Inspire 2 nearly uncontrollable or uncontrollable as reported by those who have experienced it.

I (and others), see that as a major safety issue and I stressed that issue all the time with my conversation with DJI. So the main reason for this firmware release was the safety issues regarding OPM.

I got an answer in the summer that they found the issue, quote: "We have had an urgent discussion regarding the problems you reported on the 400 and 500 firmware. We sincerely thank you for your valuable feedback. As you described, there are indeeed some safety issues with 500 firmware for some drones. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience it has caused to our dear customers...
Our relevant team has preliminarily located the problem and its potential causes, and is proactively working on the solutions now. Currently, we have an internal firmware to fix the problem of 500 version temporarily, and we would like to ask if you are willing to ship your device to our center so we can install this internal firmware for your Inspire 2, and do sufficient tests before returning the device to you."

So, DJI acknowledged the safety issues, found the problem, but did nothing about it. I guess that just to keep people happy, they took out a bunny from the hat - a quick gimbal fix. They did nothing about the major issue that we discussed.

DJI have always stated that they take the risks of drone seriously, by adding sensors, no-fly zones etc. to the drones. Yet they don't fix a major safety issues with the Inspire 2 that can cause the drone to land or drift away without pilot control.

My last response from DJI two days ago was this: "We understand you would like us to have it clearly written in our User Manual, but this is a bit difficult because the trigger of OPM mode is normally the result of several factors instead of a single factor. We can only list the factors that play a role in this but cannot say under what specific condition OPM will start."

So, DJI themselves can't even document how the OPM mode works or under what circumstances it can be triggered... They have acknowledged the safety issues with it, found a problem they worked on, but did not in the end do anything about it - leaving us with dangerous drones illegal to fly if you abide to flight regulations.
2021-12-23
Use props
Ground Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Rob W Posted at 12-23 22:04
For a very long time, nearly all of 2021, I've been in contact with DJI regarding the remaining issues the Inspire 2 has. My main concern have been the OPM "feature/bug", the so called Optimized Power Management that can kick in at times, making the Inspire 2 nearly uncontrollable or uncontrollable as reported by those who have experienced it.

I (and others), see that as a major safety issue and I stressed that issue all the time with my conversation with DJI. So the main reason for this firmware release was the safety issues regarding OPM.

Thank you for your endurance with DJI. Now the question arises, who pays the damage if such an Inspire 2 with faulty firmware crashes?  According to EU law, you must have the latest firmware installed, otherwise you have no insurance protection. So what should you do? Destroy the Inspire 2? You should post the email from DJI where they admit that this bug is known to DJI, so we have an argument not to install the latest firmware.
2021-12-23
Use props
Bronteman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 962828 ft
Australia

https://youtu.be/ikr2IVDuj2g
From those slow moves it is impossible to judge and hard to say anything really about the gimbal performance. What I would like to see is flying sideway (rolling the craft) and change direction from one side to another and also yaw the craft slowly while recording to see if the horizon will drift or remain level. These two test would test the gimbal and show if this known gimbal issue has been eliminated with this new .600 FW or improved at least and to what extent.
2021-12-24
Use props
Ground Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Bronteman Posted at 12-24 01:15
From those slow moves it is impossible to judge and hard to say anything really about the gimbal performance. What I would like to see is flying sideway (rolling the craft) and change direction from one side to another and also yaw the craft slowly while recording to see if the horizon will drift or remain level. These two test would test the gimbal and show if this known gimbal issue has been eliminated with this new .600 FW or improved at least and to what extent.

It is now first about the "Optimized Power Management" which probably does not work for some Inspire 2 and I2 could also cause crashes. The gimbal problem is not so important here right now.
2021-12-25
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Ground Pilot Posted at 12-25 00:04
It is now first about the "Optimized Power Management" which probably does not work for some Inspire 2 and I2 could also cause crashes. The gimbal problem is not so important here right now.

Agreed. While a gimbal fix is nice, this .600 firmware was all about fixing the safety issues found in the .500 firmware. Two other direct quotes from one of my conversations with DJI are these:

"Lastly, our researchers have been working on the official new firmware now in order to resolve the issues for good. Relevant testings and meetings have already been scheduled, and we will make our best efforts to launch the new version as soon as possible."

"Thank you so much for your kind patience, support and understanding on this matter so far. We feel very bad for letting our loyal customers down in this case, and will strive to positively change the situiation for our Inspire 2 pilots."

While perhaps many does not care so much about it, thinking: "What does it matter if I fly over a meadow in the sunset with no people around?". Well, at that point it might not matter much. But many people with an I2 are commercial pilots. Flights could be close to buildings, critical infrastructure and perhaps actors, stuntwomen/men, the drone being chased by a car or whatever. Then safety is (and always should be) the major concern. If you loose your drone in an empty meadow it is only your drone and money lost. But imagine that car chasing your drone, and the drone suddenly goes into OPM mode and stops and the car smashes into the drone, the drone smashes through the driverside of the window hitting a person... How would insurance handle it? I don't know. You fly a drone with known safety issues, close to people... Maybe they decide you flew recklessly knowing this, and you loose your license, get fined, and the person who got permanently scarred in the face takes you to court. I don't know.

A car with a buggy software, causing it to start braking suddenly without warning, would be taken off the road and would be illegal to drive until fixed. The same goes for drones in at least many countries. By law it is an aircraft, just like any Cessna or Boeing 737. If it is not safe - it stays on the ground.

With any aircraft, there are safety precautions. Everything is documented, how it works, how it behaves, how you can counteract a problem. With DJI? No information at all regarding the OPM feature. A safety issue found ? So what - we say we fix it but we don't...

So the ignorance from DJI is clear. They found safety issues but have not fixed them. They said they felt very bad for letting their loyal customers down and they wanted to positively change the situation for us I2 pilots. What did they do? Nothing, for the most burning issue - safety.
2021-12-26
Use props
Disk Jockey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4149610 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Ground Pilot Posted at 12-23 23:19
Thank you for your endurance with DJI. Now the question arises, who pays the damage if such an Inspire 2 with faulty firmware crashes?  According to EU law, you must have the latest firmware installed, otherwise you have no insurance protection. So what should you do? Destroy the Inspire 2? You should post the email from DJI where they admit that this bug is known to DJI, so we have an argument not to install the latest firmware.

"According to EU law, you must have the latest firmware installed"

May I ask where you have this from? Maybe a link to the respective PDF / Law Site etc?

Thank you
2021-12-29
Use props
Disk Jockey
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

Rob W Posted at 12-26 00:26
Agreed. While a gimbal fix is nice, this .600 firmware was all about fixing the safety issues found in the .500 firmware. Two other direct quotes from one of my conversations with DJI are these:

"Lastly, our researchers have been working on the official new firmware now in order to resolve the issues for good. Relevant testings and meetings have already been scheduled, and we will make our best efforts to launch the new version as soon as possible."

Thank you for the Endurance on this and let us know how that goes. OPM is dangerous and has cost me a I2 which thank god was replaced with DJI Care Express.

Thanks again
2021-12-29
Use props
Disk Jockey
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

Maybe only limited Inspire 2 production series are affected?
https://youtu.be/ikr2IVDuj2g

I watched the Video and to be honest, while his Videos are usually a good source of Information this is just a lot bla bla bla. OPM get's the I2 in trouble at windy conditions, at higher altitudes etc.
2021-12-29
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Disk Jockey Posted at 12-29 14:39
Thank you for the Endurance on this and let us know how that goes. OPM is dangerous and has cost me a I2 which thank god was replaced with DJI Care Express.

Thanks again

I'm sorry to hear you lost your I2, but I'm glad it could be replaced! Yes, OPM is dangerous. While the idea of it is good, the implementation of it is bad. OPM cannot "see" the whole picture, the situation you are in, so it could be more dangerous if it kick in than if it doesn't. As a pilot you should be able to turn it off, just like a pilot in any large aircraft can turn the autopilot off.
2021-12-30
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Disk Jockey Posted at 2021-12-29 14:39
Thank you for the Endurance on this and let us know how that goes. OPM is dangerous and has cost me a I2 which thank god was replaced with DJI Care Express.

Thanks again

May I ask under what conditions you lost your I2 due to OPM? How was the weather? Temperature, winds? Did you fly fast or slow. Did you get a warning about OPM kicking in? How did it fly then?

I'm trying to get as much information as possible from people about their experience of OPM.
2022-1-3
Use props
djiuser_WNa0vZpRDhGB
lvl.1

United States

First time posting here.

Updated the software on my Inspire 2 yesterday afternoon.  It took a long time to update the software even though it says that the update is just focused on gimbal. I sat through the whole update and watched. You could see so many modules do get updated. It may just be that they all have to do with Gimbal Drift but there might be other upgrades and updates embedded.

Then I took the drone out for a test flight right after. It took off Ok but suddenly launched forward and went straight forward and hit a bush and then flipped over. Had never had any crash ever before. Made no sense. Th Object detection sensors clearly did not work. Then I picked up the drone and inspected it really well. There was no visible damage because it landed in the bush.

I next went for another test. Put it away from any immediate object. In the open yard, on the grass about 25 feet away from house. Turned it on, systems were all Ok. Then I took off, it went up to normal hover height then it suddenly made a beeline towards the house on its own. It would not respond to inputs. I tried to do an emergency landing but it just went straight towards the house. Hit the wall and crashed very hard.

Still not sure what to make of it. Again, the object avoidance sensors did not stop the drone while moving towards the house. It did not respond to manual input either.

Just glad it did not hit anybody. The camera (X7) did not break but the drone is pretty messed up. The left arm and connector are broken. The body is pretty scarped up, one propeller broke and the rest are pretty damaged and not useable. Deep scare in the wall.
Not sure what else could be wrong. It is pretty bad. Just ordered the arm and connector from an online vendor.
Not sure what to make of it. Don't want to assume that the crash had anything with the update but nothing else can explain why the drone suddenly started acting so erratically and then Object Avoidance System did not function as intended. I have been flying this drone for a couple years and this was one sad scene to behold.

I don't think you want to fly your wing, after this update, anywhere that you potentially can be of danger to anyone, untill you are totally sure everything is working as supposed to. One last thing i need to mention is that i usally get an alert to calibrate the compas. It takes a bit but it is not a out of ordinary process. you do the calibration and then it allows you to fly. This time though, i do remember, after the update it did not ask me to recalibrate the compass which was not too unusual but i felt that it was a possible added feature in the upgrade. Not sure if ithers have noticed the same pattern but be curious to know if anybody noticed the absense of the altert that asks for drone recalibration after doing the latest update. I feel that it may have something to do with the crash but still more so with the lack of Object Avoidance System failure and lack of accepting manual emergency landing comands, than anyhting else.

2022-1-4
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Have you checked IMU & Compass values before take off ?
2022-1-5
Use props
Bronteman
lvl.2
Australia

djiuser_WNa0vZpRDhGB Posted at 1-4 21:43
First time posting here.

Updated the software on my Inspire 2 yesterday afternoon.  It took a long time to update the software even though it says that the update is just focused on gimbal. I sat through the whole update and watched. You could see so many modules do get updated. It may just be that they all have to do with Gimbal Drift but there might be other upgrades and updates embedded.
That is scarry!! It appears to me like a compass error. It is interesting though that you did not get the Calibrate Compass message.
It is always good idea after any FW update to check the Sensor State and also all settings via GO4, as many of them tend to revert back to default values after any FW update.
I certailnly performed the Compass Calibration, checked and set all settings back to how I had them before the FW update. Then I checked everything on the ground again before take off. My first flight went without a glitch and the gimbal performed well. I flew sideways and yawed the craft by 90 deg left and right and the horizon drift was minimal, the gimbal held horizon definitelly better than before. The wind gusts were about 20km/h and I did not experience any power reduction during the test flights.
2022-1-5
Use props
Kieferphoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4694462 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Did the update few days after the release. All set, no problems so far. First flights went well. Less gimbal drift (still not fully stable - but much less). Did some long exposure shots (3 seconds). Went allright. With the old .300 firmware such shots were just impossible. I still need to do some more testflights, but so far - the best firmware update since the last years.  Just my impression.
2022-1-6
Use props
Bronteman
lvl.2
Australia

djiuser_WNa0vZpRDhGB Posted at 1-4 21:43
First time posting here.

After the update one of the many settings which reverted to default was the Inteligent Flight Modes , so you were pretty much stuck in P Mode. If the Compass is out of wack the only way to gain control in such situation is to go into Atti Mode. But that Mode was not available after the update, so your drone was on its own, out of control and not responding to your commands. DJI should make the "must to do" things after the FW update and before the first flight more clear, so people are fully aware what was reset back to factory default after the update and it could possibly cause, that is for sure!!
2022-1-6
Use props
djiuser_WNa0vZpRDhGB
lvl.1

United States

My routine is to follow the prompt on the screen for preflight checks. it does happen, not very often but happens once in a while when the controller does not ask for Compass calibration. So after the update, I basically went ahead and followed the on screen prompts which seem all in order.
It is a surreal feeling when when you see you are out of control. It just felt the drone had decided to go on a suicide mission, a slow but steady flight towards the wall. I am just glad there was not any unsuspecting bystanders around. For a split second I decided to try to grab the bird before hitting the wall but I just could not bring myself to do it. Maybe fear, maybe sense of eventuality. Not sure, but I am glad I did not. In retrospect, I feel that If anything I probably should have run away. Who knows maybe it would have dived to do some sudden turn.
Question; I know I should take it as water u under bridge and move on but can not help to winder if Is there any event manager embedded in the software to see what may have gone wrong?
I really did not bother contacting DJI, mostly I feel it may just have been my fault in one way or other but still I like to know why the drone took the trajectory it took, why it did not respond to manual inputs. I could see if the drone could somehow gone in ATTI mode or where the sensors may have been off somehow but still the whole thing seem pretty bizarre.

2022-1-6
Use props
Bronteman
lvl.2
Australia

djiuser_WNa0vZpRDhGB Posted at 1-6 16:54
My routine is to follow the prompt on the screen for preflight checks. it does happen, not very often but happens once in a while when the controller does not ask for Compass calibration. So after the update, I basically went ahead and followed the on screen prompts which seem all in order.
It is a surreal feeling when when you see you are out of control. It just felt the drone had decided to go on a suicide mission, a slow but steady flight towards the wall. I am just glad there was not any unsuspecting bystanders around. For a split second I decided to try to grab the bird before hitting the wall but I just could not bring myself to do it. Maybe fear, maybe sense of eventuality. Not sure, but I am glad I did not. In retrospect, I feel that If anything I probably should have run away. Who knows maybe it would have dived to do some sudden turn.
Question; I know I should take it as water u under bridge and move on but can not help to winder if Is there any event manager embedded in the software to see what may have gone wrong?
There is a log file dowloadable via Assistant software. You can send it to DJI for analysis and they might be able to tell you what exactly happened. The symptoms are consistent with compass erroneous data sent to IMU which were in conflict with GPS data obtained from satelites. If you were able to and switched to Atti Mode you would have more likely than not regained control of the craft and would have been able to lend it safely.
Easier said than done though. In situation like this it is easy to become paralysed and not be able to think straight let alone react quickly to such an unexpected event. In this case you couldn't do anything anyway because the Atti mode was disabled after the FW update. The drone was stuck in P mode.
2022-1-6
Use props
grangecam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 896883 ft
United States

I am trying to update my Inspire 2 with X5S camera.   The process is stuck, hanging at 87 percent, on "Camera".    It has shown 87 percent for 1.5 hours.   Can I stop the firmware update or will that damage the aircraft?

I finally decided to shut down the drone and stop the firmware update process.   I've tried repeatedly to finish the update and it always fails.   After reading everyones' posts about
OPM, I'm thinking of downgrading to V 400.   Anyway I cannot get V 600 to install, but the drone appears to function normally as it did before the update started.
It would be nice if DJI would offer some support regarding the update process as well as a method for turning off OPM.

2022-1-10
Use props
erkq
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2122759 ft
United States

I upgraded one of our Inspire2/X7 combos to .0600 and all is not rosy. The controllers are current. It flies great, gimbal is much better, but camera control is really screwy. No matter if the Master or Slave controls it, it's the same.

The .0600 Inspire and .0600 X7 combo will not stay in Manual mode... just pops right out to Aperture or Shutter mode.

The exposure change is super slow, taking 3 or more seconds to gradually drift into proper exposure when going to "Auto" from a way-out of exposure Aperture or Shutter mode. Normally it changes in less than a second.

Interestingly, the .0600 Inspire and a .0500 X7 work properly.

A .0500 Inspire and a .0600 X7 have the same problems as the .0600 Inspire and .0600 X7 combo. I can understand this.

Ideas about the .0600 combo's behavior? I've verified and refreshed the fw.

EDIT: Now we've got a "Firmware Update required" notice in the upper left of the flight screen on ALL our .0500 Inspires. Is .0600 a required update? What is going on? The motors still spin up and it still flies. But, "required"??  We have jobs tomorrow and Friday and weekend!  What is this going to do?  We have found we need 4 Inspire2/X7 sets to ensure we always have a primary and a backup in operational condition.  Now we have one on .0600 that I'm going to revert back to .0500 and 3 that are still on .0500 and ALL 3 of those are telling me that "Firmware update required."
2022-1-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules