Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JDOBL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1375 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It's December. I'm eager. =)
Any ballpark timeframe on 6K Ronin 4D release date?

As someone that owns no DL lenses, I am eager to grab the E mount adapter for my E mount glass but also, I heard in a Youtuber's video that you guys are creating a PL mount adapter as well for the Ronin 4D?

I own a decent amount of E mount and PL mount lenses. Currently for my Sony A1/FX3/A7S3 when I want to use a PL mount lens such as my DZO Vespid Primes or IRIX lenses, Tokina Cinema lenses etc... I use the DZOfilm Octopus which adapts the PL mount to E mount for use on my cameras.

I also own several Canon RF mount cameras, and I also own the DZOfilm RF to PL mount adapter so I can then use my same lenses on both Sony and Canon bodies.

I had planned on using the PL to E mount DZOfilm adapter, on the DJI E mount adapter so I could use my PL lenses. Issue being of course, weight and size restrictions possibly.

The DZO Vespids weights for PL mount:

25mm T2.1 (940g)
35mm T2.1 (834g)
50mm T2.1 (732g)
75mm T2.1 (865g)
100mm T2.1 (890g)
125mm T2.1 (924g)
35mm T2.1 (834g)

When looking at the list of compatible lenses for the Ronin 4D currently, I think the heaviest lens I found on your list was the Leica M 0.8 Summilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH at 835g with counterweight needed, the Sony FE 50mm F1.2 GM coming in at 778g, with counter weight needed and several others in an around that weight area so this tells me if the Ronin 4D can handle 835g for the Leica M 0.8 Summilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH... perhaps it's not impossible that it'd handle the DZOfilm Vespid Primes? Assuming that is you figure out the flange distance issue for the adapter. PL mounts of course, a little deeper than E or M mount.

The Tokina Cinema ATX 11-20mm T2.9  comes in at 1.1kg (2.43lbs)

Irix's lenses also come in around the 1kg area

Just curious more so about release date of the 6K Ronin4D as well as when the E and PL mounts may be available.

thanks in advance!
2021-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules