4043 8 2021-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pedzsan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 153625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Mavic 3 Cine but I don't think it matters.  The "AF" icon on the main screen can be changed to four different icons.  One I call a "flower" and I call a "mountain" plus there is the "MF" and the "AF" symbols.  (See images.)  MF is for manual focus and AF is for auto focus but what are the flower and mountain icons?

Screenshot_20211209-165346.png
Screenshot_20211209-165332.png
Screenshot_20211209-165322.png
Screenshot_20211209-165312.png
2021-12-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure about this but I think it is for distant and close up subjects.
2021-12-9
Use props
pedzsan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 12-9 16:00

Yea... but, with a drone, how would it act differently?  I'm gonna go play and see if I can figure it out.
2021-12-9
Use props
pedzsan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

pedzsan Posted at 12-9 16:03
Yea... but, with a drone, how would it act differently?  I'm gonna go play and see if I can figure it out.

I bet the flower is the minimum focus distance and the mountain is the maximum focus distance (infinity presumably).
2021-12-9
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 12-9 16:00

Yes, exactly. I guess different versions of Fly show it differently. My Android-based RC Pro displays a scale with mountain on one end and flower on another.
2021-12-9
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

The images, from a photography view mean this:

Mountains - landscape
AF - Auto Focus
MF - Manual Focus
Flower - Macro

Auto focus and manual focus are self explanatory. The mountain Icon would likely make the camera shoot at a higher aperture ex: F/11. The flower Icon would likely make the camera shoot at a lower aperture ex: F/2.8.

Higher Aperture in photography increases depth of field, and is very common in landscape photography. F/16 and higher is not uncommon. This allows the foreground objects to remain sharp and in focus while distant objects also are in focus and sharp.

Lower Aperture in photography decreases depth of field, and is more common in macro and portraiture photography. This is how people get nice Bokeh effect behind subjects, where you photograph someone and have the background be a silky smooth out of focus blur. The depth of field is very narrow around your subject.
2021-12-9
Use props
pedzsan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 12-9 16:22
The images, from a photography view mean this:

Mountains - landscape

It appears not to be the case.  With the AE in Pro mode, the settings don't change.  Going to Auto mode, picking flower or mountain, then looking at the settings in Pro mode, they come up the same: shutter speed, aperture, and ISO.  Plus, you are mixing two concepts: focus and aperture+shutter speed.

I think the flower means "focus as close as possible" and the mountain means to focus as far away as possible.  It could very well be that the two icons are meant to not be selectable and just inform the user which way the focus scale operates.
2021-12-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

We should keep in mind that these may not be supported (or change the function) until the coming update.

I have the Macro (flower icon) on my Nikon camera and use it almost all the time for close work. I notice it is very particular about the auto-focus at certain focal lengths.

2021-12-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Infinity, manual, auto, close up.
That is what it 'should' mean at least.
2021-12-10
Use props
Advanced