652 26 2021-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

With Mavic 2 Pro, when a new FW came, we usually would have to update all batteries.so with V4, I updated FW via DJI Assistant 2, then inserted another battery, and it did not require any updates.
Is this normal? V3 battereis are all good?
2021-12-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine asked for battery update, showed inconsistent firmware when I changed batteries and went away after each battery update.
2021-12-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DarthSLR. Good day and thank you for reaching out. DJI recommends to update the firmware for your DJI Mavic 3 intelligent flight batteries to improve there performance when in use and for compatibility purposes. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-12-9
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I guess I am very dumb, but I just update when it tells me. Sometimes I think it has already been done but maybe it's just about the battery update after I switch. I never see anything about it being for the battery, Too bad they don't tell me that.

Sorry: Is this just for the M3 battery? I have not had that warning yet.

2021-12-9
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-9 21:27
Hello there DarthSLR. Good day and thank you for reaching out. DJI recommends to update the firmware for your DJI Mavic 3 intelligent flight batteries to improve there performance when in use and for compatibility purposes. Thank you and fly safe always.

I am possibly missing something, but when I inserted another battery there was no suggestion about inconsistent firmware. Shall I force it through DA2?
2021-12-9
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 12-9 21:30
I guess I am very dumb, but I just update when it tells me. Sometimes I think it has already been done but maybe it's just about the battery update after I switch. I never see anything about it being for the battery, Too bad they don't tell me that.

Sorry: Is this just for the M3 battery? I have not had that warning yet.

Yes, that’s why I’m asking. No warning like it used to be for M2P.
2021-12-9
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 12-9 21:41
Yes, that’s why I’m asking. No warning like it used to be for M2P.

Ooooops. I have only one M3 battery. Sorry for the false answer.
2021-12-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

With my M2, it takes a short while before the notice appears in the fly app main screen (before opening the fly screen itself).
2021-12-10
Use props
AlexSnapsColours
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17356693 ft
  • >>>
Poland

I updated and don't see the prompt after switching the batteries to update the battery. So I guess there is no firmware update to the batteries.
2021-12-10
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Last night when doing the firmware updates on my M3's, I did check five batteries I rotated through.  No warnings about inconsistent modules.  Seems like the intelligent flight batteries are not yet in need of an update.
2021-12-10
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-10 02:05
With my M2, it takes a short while before the notice appears in the fly app main screen (before opening the fly screen itself).

I did use DA2
2021-12-10
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 12-10 06:49
Last night when doing the firmware updates on my M3's, I did check five batteries I rotated through.  No warnings about inconsistent modules.  Seems like the intelligent flight batteries are not yet in need of an update.

You are way more thorough than me, I stopped up after #2
2021-12-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I never used that with the M2.
2021-12-10
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-10 07:14
I never used that with the M2.

I very rarely did, too, primarily because there was a time (during the trumpmare) when the original DA2 did not work, and an updated one ("for Mavic 2" was not available yet). With M3, however, I have found DA2 to be a more convenient way to do installs/updates. After all, it uses the full speed of my ethernet/usb3 rather than relying on WiFi and whatever wireless connection between RC and the craft.
2021-12-10
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 12-10 07:14
You are way more thorough than me, I stopped up after #2

Yes, I think my OCD was kicking in.  I only have five, so I just had to check all five.  I love to look for the odd duck and figure out, ok, why that one and not the other four.  But... nope, all five acted the same way.  

Nothing worse than lugging the gear to the field and having to waste five minutes on each battery.  : )
2021-12-10
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 12-10 07:47
Yes, I think my OCD was kicking in.  I only have five, so I just had to check all five.  I love to look for the odd duck and figure out, ok, why that one and not the other four.  But... nope, all five acted the same way.  

Nothing worse than lugging the gear to the field and having to waste five minutes on each battery.  : )

Totally infuriating, especially if it's all for naught...
2021-12-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DarthSLR Posted at 12-10 07:21
I very rarely did, too, primarily because there was a time (during the trumpmare) when the original DA2 did not work, and an updated one ("for Mavic 2" was not available yet). With M3, however, I have found DA2 to be a more convenient way to do installs/updates. After all, it uses the full speed of my ethernet/usb3 rather than relying on WiFi and whatever wireless connection between RC and the craft.

Yeah, I remember it was my preferred way too with the MP (I think it was DA, not DA2, but that was a long time ago, so I could be wrong)
2021-12-10
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

@DarthSLR - Now I am confused.  While checking on other settings, got a pop up to update firmware.  So now I am wondering what's going on.  I know I tested all five last night, but one here just went through something.  
2021-12-10
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ok, now two of the batteries.  I'm thinking something is delayed but at least two of my batteries now getting update.
2021-12-10
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 12-10 13:35
@DarthSLR - Now I am confused.  While checking on other settings, got a pop up to update firmware.  So now I am wondering what's going on.  I know I tested all five last night, but one here just went through something.

Hmm, maybe there is a delay... I guess it's not perfect yet...
2021-12-10
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Interesting. Do you use DA2, or just RC Pro?
2021-12-10
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No battery update here with latest firmware.

Flew all batteries a couple times, no requests to update so it doesn’t get done. Life’s too short to do stuff that’s not needed.
2021-12-10
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I use standard controller.  My RC Pro is shelved because I am a big fan of the regular controller with a bright android tablet.  I have now had Four of the five batteries ask for update a day after doing the firmware update.  All were quicker than the actual update.  So, I guess I was wrong about their not being an update for the intelligent flight batteries.
2021-12-10
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 12-10 14:44
No battery update here with latest firmware.

Flew all batteries a couple times, no requests to update so it doesn’t get done. Life’s too short to do stuff that’s not needed.

Agreed- and that's why I was surprised when these updates started popping up for me today.   
2021-12-10
Use props
Oulala
lvl.3
France

no battery update asked for me :/
2021-12-11
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Interesting. Assuming we all were more or less current before the last update, one would expect an identical behavior.
I can only think of Android vs iOS difference, as well as RC/WiFi/Fly vs PC/USB/DA2.
2021-12-11
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now