Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
STILL NOT COMPATIBLE WITH PIXEL 6
1036 14 2021-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DylanKeth
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Posted this on another page but was told to post here as it's more active.
In order to use all the functionality of your Pocket 2 you need DJI Mimo. I purchased the Pocket 2, which states it's compatible with Andriod 12, and then bought my Pixel 6 (on Android 12) a week or two later. The video signal doesn't come through which disables you from using your phone to adjust the frame, shot and prevents unique features like Active Tracking.

My suspicion is that DJI Mimo is not compatible with the latest privacy and security features baked into stock Android 12, which also explains why it isn't hosted on Google Play and why they're dragging their feet on resolving a known issue. I'm unbelivevably unimpressed with support and the lack of transparency behind this blatant flaw for so many users. I'd be livid if I owned a drone.

Get it together.
2021-12-10
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi DylanKeth . we already fix this Pixel 6 compatibility issue on DJI MIMO 1.7.6.
Plz update DJI MIMO via : https://www.dji.com/mimo
click android to install the latest app.

Google play no longer supports the update. so we have to takethe DJI MIMO off shelf  from appstore. Sorry for the inconvenient.
Once install 1.7.6, u can always update DJI MIMO in mimo app:
Me(account page at right bottom)- setting (gear button) - about DJI MIMO
2021-12-10
Use props
DylanKeth
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi DJI-ytao,

Thank you for your response.

I've re-downloaded and installed v 1.7.6 but there is still no video signal being pulled? Doesn't seem like the problem has been resolved?

I'm not sure this latest update has addressed the compatibility issue with Pixel 6 devices because it's still not listed as a suitable device, even though the headline states you only need Android 7 or above. I also can't find any other users reporting that this has been fixed.  

Please let me know if i'm doing something wrong but nothing has been fixed as far as I can tell.

Thanks,
2021-12-10
Use props
Ulsterscot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56398 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It isn't fixed. Pixel 6 Pro user. 1.7.6 makes no difference.
2021-12-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 12-10 06:04
Hi DylanKeth . we already fix this Pixel 6 compatibility issue on DJI MIMO 1.7.6.
Plz update DJI MIMO via : https://www.dji.com/mimo
click android to install the latest app.

Don't own a Pixel but I can confirm that my Samsung S21 Ultra with a Snapdragon processor on Android 12 now works great on Mimo 1.7.6  Thanks for updating.
2021-12-10
Use props
DylanKeth
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Good for you hahah, somewhat regretting the move from Samsung with all this
2021-12-11
Use props
djiuser_04F8Mf8A29Je
New

Hong Kong

Is there an update to this? Do most Pixel users experience this? I have a pixel 3a XL and 4 and both upgraded to Android 12 but still face the same issue
2021-12-11
Use props
DylanKeth
lvl.1
United Kingdom

As far as I've seen those phones are supported. I'd suggest deleting the app and re downloading the most recent version.
2021-12-11
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DylanKeth Posted at 12-11 10:38
As far as I've seen those phones are supported. I'd suggest deleting the app and re downloading the most recent version.

checked with engineers.
pixel 6 issue fix is with 1.7.8...  phones with android 12 changes  the way how the video decoded.

Sorry for the incorrect info.
we will release it very soon.
2021-12-12
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

HI DylanKeth, DJI MIMO 1.7.8 is released. it will solve the issue.plz update DJI MIMO via : https://www.dji.com/mimo
2021-12-20
Use props
DylanKeth
lvl.1
United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 12-20 22:35
HI DylanKeth, DJI MIMO 1.7.8 is released. it will solve the issue.plz update DJI MIMO via : https://www.dji.com/mimo

That looks like the latest iOS version, there still doesn't seem to be Pixel 6 support listed under the latest Android version?
2021-12-24
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DylanKeth Posted at 12-24 06:25
That looks like the latest iOS version, there still doesn't seem to be Pixel 6 support listed under the latest Android version?

mimo app updates much more frequently.
if you access the the webpage via Android phone, there is a button " Download For Android".

We tests Pixel 6 , it works well for 1.7.8
2021-12-24
Use props
varietify
lvl.1

United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 2021-12-20 22:35

Hi, When I use this link to download on Pixel 6, under app information it says the version is 1.7.2.

Cannot connect wirelessly with Pixel 6
2022-7-28
Use props
djiuser_KksDvKOnWaEk
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI-ytao Posted at 2021-12-24 07:05
if you access the the webpage via Android phone, there is a button " Download For Android".

Hi i cant find the Version 1.78 with this Link. Always 1.74 i have an Google pixel 6 pro. And cant use the App. Ty
2022-8-8
Use props
colinsmith18
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61047 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-ytao Posted at 2021-12-24 07:05

Clicking the link simply downloads the previous version - not 1.7.8
2022-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules