10309 337 2021-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneXL.co
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635735 ft
  • >>>
United States

We just received an official statement from DJI in which the drone maker acknowledges the DJI Mavic 3 GPS issue and promises us that it will be addressed with a firmware update soon. Read more about it here: https://dronexl.co/2022/03/09/dj ... ix-firmware-update/
2022-3-9
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneXL.co Posted at 3-9 10:54
We just received an official statement from DJI in which the drone maker acknowledges the DJI Mavic 3 GPS issue and promises us that it will be addressed with a firmware update soon. Read more about it here: https://dronexl.co/2022/03/09/dji-mavic-3-gps-issue-fix-firmware-update/

I understand the desire the share positive news, but, unfortunately, given the variery of "official" support responses published here over time and the lack of ETA, this particular response is no better than the famous "winter is coming". Only adds to the noise.

Reminds me of an old joke
* What are the chances of meeting a dinosaur on a street  today?
* 50%. I will either meet him, or I will not.

The response you quoted has the same level of accuracy.
2022-3-10
Use props
Franzdampf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7022441 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

DroneXL.co Posted at 3-9 10:54
We just received an official statement from DJI in which the drone maker acknowledges the DJI Mavic 3 GPS issue and promises us that it will be addressed with a firmware update soon. Read more about it here: https://dronexl.co/2022/03/09/dji-mavic-3-gps-issue-fix-firmware-update/

Wow. Great news. That only took ... months ;)
2022-3-10
Use props
djiuser_EBPcvB1Sw95W
lvl.1

United States

Franzdampf Posted at 3-10 09:06
Wow. Great news. That only took ... months ;)

And is still a couple weeks away. Dec 10-March 24. Only 3.5 months.
2022-3-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey Darth. I see droneXl linked to your thread -  https://dronexl.co/2022/03/09/dj ... ix-firmware-update/
2022-3-11
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-11 01:01
Hey Darth. I see droneXl linked to your thread -  https://dronexl.co/2022/03/09/dji-mavic-3-gps-issue-fix-firmware-update/

Thanks! Yeah, saw it. We're famous, yay! Where can I cash out ;)
2022-3-11
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 3-11 07:39

There are ramifications beyond the scope of this issue.  That means that our forums (the good, the bad and the ugly) are being monitored to identify news and information.  I already knew that, but this example highlights that we do have the attention of mediums outside of youtube.
2022-3-11
Use props
djiuser_EBPcvB1Sw95W
lvl.1

United States

Charles Adams Posted at 3-11 08:59
There are ramifications beyond the scope of this issue.  That means that our forums (the good, the bad and the ugly) are being monitored to identify news and information.  I already knew that, but this example highlights that we do have the attention of mediums outside of youtube.

Not really. There are like the same 12 old geezers here with a hall monitor. One of them simply wrote Haye of dronexl and pointed him here. These "forums" with the same handful of guys have absolutely little to no influence or attention whatsoever. Even less than "Suasnews" which is mainly an aggregate of press releases.
2022-3-11
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are two ways known to DEcrease the connection time;
[try these at your own risk]

1) Launch without satellites, go as high as possible, wait for the connection.  Land.  Launch again an update homepoint.  Away you go,  usually done with 6 % battery draw.

2)Power up the quad on the top of the roof of a car.  Car must be off.  Should connect in about 2 minutes that way.  

2022-3-11
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 3-11 09:31
There are two ways known to DEcrease the connection time;
[try these at your own risk]

Hallmark recommended an approach that I have found to be very effective, and I have adopted it into my "pre-flight".  When setting up, the very first thing to do is turn on the aircraft, and then spend time setting up everything else.  That has been highly effective for me in reducing my wait time.
2022-3-11
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 3-11 08:59

You'd think that DJI users would have an clue that DJI forums exist, but apparently it's still a novel concept for many. Not that every DJI app has a link... ;)
2022-3-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DarthSLR Posted at 3-11 07:39

That would be nice for sure.
2022-3-11
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 3-11 09:53
Hallmark recommended an approach that I have found to be very effective, and I have adopted it into my "pre-flight".  When setting up, the very first thing to do is turn on the aircraft, and then spend time setting up everything else.  That has been highly effective for me in reducing my wait time.

I came up with similar on my own.
  • Start RC Pro
  • Start aircaft
  • As soon as take off permitted, raise up to the max allowed height
  • Continue with other preflight checks - attaching sticks, formatting media, setting up camera, etc.
  • Typically by that time enough satellites are in and I can go about my tasks.  Home point might be off by a few feet, but that's not really an issue for me.

2022-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DarthSLR Posted at 3-11 12:45
I came up with similar on my own.
  • Start RC Pro
  • Start aircaft

• What will we do with all the extra time we have when GPS gets fixed. We’ll be shooting sunrise instead of sunset ;+)
    2022-3-11
    Use props
    DarthSLR
    First Officer
    • >>>
    United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-11 12:52
    What will we do with all the extra time we have when GPS gets fixed. We’ll be shooting sunrise instead of sunset ;+)

Haha.. Tru, Tru...I'm sure there will be more things to b1tch about: waypoints, SDK, upper camera manual/RAW, etc.
    2022-3-11
    Use props
    Charles Adams
    Second Officer
    • >>>
    United States

DarthSLR Posted at 3-11 12:45
    I came up with similar on my own.
  • Start RC Pro
  • Start aircaft

• Yes, that's nearly identical to my routine.  If I remember, I start the craft first (or curse myself for forgetting to start the craft first).  And I don't fly "as high" as I can go, instead I elevate somewhere around 10m AGL, even if the system allows me to go to 30m AGL.  And then everything you do.
    2022-3-11
    Use props
    DarthSLR
    First Officer
    • >>>
    United States

Charles Adams Posted at 3-11 13:20
    Yes, that's nearly identical to my routine.  If I remember, I start the craft first (or curse myself for forgetting to start the craft first).  And I don't fly "as high" as I can go, instead I elevate somewhere around 10m AGL, even if the system allows me to go to 30m AGL.  And then everything you do.

Im on slope on a decent size hill, so in the interest of getting 360 view I go higher...
    2022-3-11
    Use props
    Bussty
    First Officer
    Flight distance : 320951 ft
    New Zealand

DarthSLR Posted at 3-11 12:59
    Haha.. Tru, Tru...I'm sure there will be more things to b1tch about: waypoints, SDK, upper camera manual/RAW, etc.

Lol this is so true
    2022-3-11
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules