2022-1-27
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-27 03:46
Thanks for the detailed information. Could you please also provide us with the log for further analysis? Below are the methods to Aircraft Data, you may upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link with us.
(1) Download DJI Assistant 2 from the official website. Download link: https://www.dji.com/downloads?site=brandsite&from=nav
(2) Launch DJI Assistant 2. Within 20 seconds after the aircraft is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.

Hi Mindy, Uploaded 20mins ago.
2022-1-27
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-27 04:28
I think its clear upload flight log and see if it helps .

Think its also clear, you don't have this problem so why get involved.
2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Grimtheviking Posted at 1-27 04:51
Think its also clear, you don't have this problem so why get involved.

Well because all I hear is we have this problem, but no one directly contacted the one moderator that might do something. So you wanted to get heard by dji why not directly ask them instead of going around shouting all the time and it going nowhere.

Many people use the forum to get help from others, are you saying we shouldn’t help or can’t help because we don’t have the same problem. I have been around here over 6 years getting help and giving help and thats what the forum is about.
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-27 05:05
Nice to see you can cut and paste from Wikipedia. That still does nothing to show you don't know what you are talking about.

Thats what I posted, you keep bringing it up as being wrong. So tell us what’s wrong or incorrect about it or are you just showing your ignorance again,
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And I have been around here 6+ years also, and seen you come and go... under different names.
We all know what forums are about, but you have to come with snardy remarks or comments.
So if you dont mind please do not answer or reply any of my comments again.
Cheers End of.
2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Grimtheviking Posted at 1-27 05:13
And I have been around here 6+ years also, and seen you come and go... under different names.
We all know what forums are about, but you have to come with snardy remarks or comments.

Under what different names ?
2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-27 05:11
I'll say this one time, because you're probably too stupid to get it:  GPS is entirely satellite based and doesn’t require a cell signal. GPS-A adds things like bluetooth, wifi and cell to pinpoint your location, but is unnecessary and just brings faster lock speeds and more accuracy.

Now run along and fancy yourself an "expert" on other forums before the mic is dropped on you again by Labroides.

Don’t be so much of an idiot and answer the question , your ignorance knows no bounds. Everything I posted is factually correct , you said it wasn’t, so where does it say “ cell phone towers broadcast gps data to Google maps” or is that just more of your lies…
2022-1-27
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-27 05:03
Well because all I hear is we have this problem, but no one directly contacted the one moderator that might do something. So you wanted to get heard by dji why not directly ask them instead of going around shouting all the time and it going nowhere.

Many people use the forum to get help from others, are you saying we shouldn’t help or can’t help because we don’t have the same problem. I have been around here over 6 years getting help and giving help and thats what the forum is about.

Cheers End of.
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-27 05:21
You posted that a couple years back. And were roundly laughed off the forums then.
Run along "Hallmark" and "HighKing". Don't involve yourself with the big boys. They don't want you around at the party.

You mean the fact that I and Dirtybird discovered your over 20 banned for life accounts.

DJI_Adam, DJI_Brendan, Crooked Horizon, Drone Pilot, Glimmerman, HallSwine007, Johnny Quest, Monty Melon, TommyGA, Ron Harper, Susan Arnold, Originaldobo007, WingSpeed, DuneBuggy, Smallmark007, George Miller”

Thats half the accounts you have been banned for life with…

I’m sure plenty remember some of those accounts….
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-27 05:34
"HighKing" - I have no idea what you are talking about. Please stop derailing this any more than you have. You've been asked by multiple people now but can't handle being proven wrong.

Do you mean your multiple people.

NGC ALIAS
DJI_Adam, DJI_Brendan, Crooked Horizon, Drone Pilot, Glimmerman, HallSwine007, Johnny Quest, Monty Melon, TommyGA, Ron Harper, Susan Arnold, Originaldobo007, WingSpeed, DuneBuggy, Smallmark007, George Miller.
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Just so other members know this idiot NGC alias DJI_Adam, DJI_Brendan, Crooked Horizon, Drone Pilot, Glimmerman, HallSwine007, Johnny Quest, Monty Melon, TommyGA, Ron Harper, Susan Arnold, Originaldobo007, WingSpeed, DuneBuggy, Smallmark007, George Miller.

Has got hold of one of our office mobile numbers and for the last 5 days has made over 60 Nuisance calls including just now see screenshot . He’s afraid to answer but we know from recent past its him and comments he’s made in PM’s .

Just a few from minutes ago “NUISANCE Calls from NGC>>>> if he does it again I will continue to post and report him..
He has also done the same thing with another member here DirtyBird whom he continually hassled with nuisance phone calls emails and personal attacks on many forums.
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

There we go he begins by PM me then phones , we know the calls are coming from US our phone company are tracking. But its easy ,match the times.

2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

He arrives and starts Pm me, and within 40 seconds he’s phoning me . Screenshot I took 3.17 nuisance phone calls 3.17 just as NGC arrives at forum .
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

NGC Posted at 1-27 07:35
Please stop derailing the thread with your multiple bizarre rants.

How sad are you, making nuisance phone calls are well all is being recorded. You continue to hide in moms basement.
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 1-26 23:45
... if you couldn't fly for a few days (e.g. because of bad weather), then it seems to take a little longer again, but maybe not as long as after the FW update...
Is that what you mean by "cold start"...?

Satellite info is cached (i don’t know for how long exactly), this is why when you change the batteries the next lock is nearly instantaneous, less than few seconds.
For me “cold start” means something like 24 hours after last flight. I haven’t conducted exact experiments, so maybe cache expires sooner, but 24 hours is enough for sure. Maybe 12 hours is also good.
I’d like to defer to more knowledgeable people for the exact expiration time, but rest assured the cache exists.
2022-1-27
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 1-26 23:47
With Assistant 2 you can no longer go back to the very first FW...

Yeah, we have learned that...
2022-1-27
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 1-27 07:52
Satellite info is cached (i don’t know for how long exactly), this is why when you change the batteries the next lock is nearly instantaneous, less than few seconds.
For me “cold start” means something like 24 hours after last flight. I haven’t conducted exact experiments, so maybe cache expires sooner, but 24 hours is enough for sure. Maybe 12 hours is also good.
I’d like to defer to more knowledgeable people for the exact expiration time, but rest assured the cache exists.

Do we know if the "cache" is built entirely internally from acquisition data?  or does "cache" pull <some> data over the air?  Might be easy enough to test by sticking device in airplane mode, but I was wondering if some data was dependent on over-the-air connection (I hope not).
2022-1-27
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Labroides Posted at 1-26 18:13
The problem is the app shows only numbers and thats what people are looking at,
The problem is that the people that want to keep saying it's something about numbers, have never looked at their data to learn what really happens.

Labroids said: There is no such thing as weak GPS signal and he is right.

I have googled a lot and found heeps of information about this. If a big thunderstorm comes in with thick black clods, the GPS may drop perhaps by as littles as 2db, which you will not notice. Under a large tree with thick leaws, you may be effected.

DJI should corectly describe this in their manual in order to make it easier to understand what they mean by week signal. Looking at Go 4 app on the phone you would think that the bars will represent the sigal streangth. This type of dispaly is used in many devices and is representing strength like for Wi-Fi and battery capacity etc. It can easily be confusing as it was for me.
So, would the quality then come from how large that angle is from the sats, like many sats in a narrow angle above you resulting in a bad reading?
2022-1-27
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-26 15:06
It's not based on numbers of satellites at all.
You have to wait for the flight controller to determine that it has reliable GPS location data.
The recorded flight data shows an indication of GPS Health on a 1-5 scale.

Well, the only information that is available for me as a pilot (and which directly affects my ability to operate the drone) is a reported number of "satellites". For me (M3C + RC Pro) I know from my limited experience that the coveted "Home Point Lock" only happens after the reported number in the upper right corner reaches 12. I don't know, and I have no way to know, what this number is. It might have some relation to acquired satellites, it may represent something else entirely, like the number of cell towers for A-GPS scenario. All I have is that number and that HP is not being locked until this number reaches a certain threshold, 12 in my case.  I am not even sure if it's the same for everyone. But for me, 12 seems to be consistent.

That said, I always appreciate people sharing additional info, but I also cannot ignore my own experience. And for me, it's 12, whatever the heck this number represents.
2022-1-27
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 1-27 08:28
Do we know if the "cache" is built entirely internally from acquisition data?  or does "cache" pull  data over the air?  Might be easy enough to test by sticking device in airplane mode, but I was wondering if some data was dependent on over-the-air connection (I hope not).

I do not, that's for sure.
Hopefully, other people do, and that info is correct and not just a rumor/guesswork.
I wish DJI could provide some insights into this, but given the previous experience, they are not overly forthcoming in sharing such info.
2022-1-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-27 03:30
We understand how frustrated it is, and we will do our best to help solve this problem. We've forwarded this issue to the corresponding team for a check. To better locate the cause and solve this issue, we need some logs for further analysis. Could you please provide us with the log so that we can forward it to our engineer?

I will provide a log this afternoon when I get home.
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

kyalami Posted at 1-27 08:32
Labroids said: There is no such thing as weak GPS signal and he is right.

I have googled a lot and found heeps of information about this. If a big thunderstorm comes in with thick black clods, the GPS may drop perhaps by as littles as 2db, which you will not notice. Under a large tree with thick leaws, you may be effected.

The bars do represent the signal and 3 white bars you were in opti mode 4/5 gps good to fly. Now in the fly app if you touch the aircraft icon top right a drop down menu appears and up to and including 10 it reads weak gps and is coloured yellow  but you can take off on this safely and you should pick up more sats quickly by simply hovering and homepoint will be locked. Its difficult to know if this is the receiver or dji has control and can stop you flying through SW  or the Sat receiver works this way as a receiver. Dji moderator has asked for flight logs which would seem strange if they had governed this to happen.
2022-1-27
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 1-27 10:36
The bars do represent the signal and 3 white bars you were in opti mode 4/5 gps good to fly. Now in the fly app if you touch the aircraft icon top right a drop down menu appears and up to and including 10 it reads weak gps and is coloured yellow  but you can take off on this safely and you should pick up more sats quickly by simply hovering and homepoint will be locked. Its difficult to know if this is the receiver or dji has control and can stop you flying through SW  or the Sat receiver works this way as a receiver. Dji moderator has asked for flight logs which would seem strange if they had governed this to happen.

Hi hallark and thanks for your reply. Understand.

Yes it will be very interesting to see some of the flight logs, when Suren he has had the time this afternoon his time. It's about 08:00 now in NZ i see.

I am sure that eventually will will know what is going on. Interesting and learning a lot now. Thanks.
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NGC Posted at 1-27 10:24
Another video of someone having the issues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgfrucCA9oU

This was similar to my experience earlier today, as post #117
2022-1-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DarthSLR Posted at 1-27 09:01
Well, the only information that is available for me as a pilot (and which directly affects my ability to operate the drone) is a reported number of "satellites". For me (M3C + RC Pro) I know from my limited experience that the coveted "Home Point Lock" only happens after the reported number in the upper right corner reaches 12. I don't know, and I have no way to know, what this number is. It might have some relation to acquired satellites, it may represent something else entirely, like the number of cell towers for A-GPS scenario. All I have is that number and that HP is not being locked until this number reaches a certain threshold, 12 in my case.  I am not even sure if it's the same for everyone. But for me, 12 seems to be consistent.

That said, I always appreciate people sharing additional info, but I also cannot ignore my own experience. And for me, it's 12, whatever the heck this number represents.

For about the hundredth time, there is no magic number of sats.
And you do have a way to tell if the flight controller has determined that location data is reliable and has recorded a home point.
Watch the colour of the GPS icon on your screen.
When it turns WHITE, that's the indication you need.

2022-1-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-27 10:36
The bars do represent the signal and 3 white bars you were in opti mode 4/5 gps good to fly. Now in the fly app if you touch the aircraft icon top right a drop down menu appears and up to and including 10 it reads weak gps and is coloured yellow  but you can take off on this safely and you should pick up more sats quickly by simply hovering and homepoint will be locked. Its difficult to know if this is the receiver or dji has control and can stop you flying through SW  or the Sat receiver works this way as a receiver. Dji moderator has asked for flight logs which would seem strange if they had governed this to happen.

Actually the white bars are for RC connection strength. The GPS indicator uses color and number.
2022-1-27
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2022-1-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Charles Adams Posted at 1-27 08:28
Do we know if the "cache" is built entirely internally from acquisition data?  or does "cache" pull  data over the air?  Might be easy enough to test by sticking device in airplane mode, but I was wondering if some data was dependent on over-the-air connection (I hope not).

Do we know if the "cache" is built entirely internally from acquisition data?  or does "cache" pull <some> data over the air?  Might be easy enough to test by sticking device in airplane mode, but I was wondering if some data was dependent on over-the-air connection (I hope not).

All GPS data comes "over the air" but it has nothing to do with your phone or tablet so putting that into airplane mode won't make any difference.
It's between your drone's GPS receiver and the satellites out in space.
If the satellite almanac data is stored in the drone, that's known as cached (stored in internal memory).
If it doesn't have the data stored, it has to get the data from GPS satellites.
2022-1-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

NGC Posted at 1-27 12:25
Hallmark wrong...again? You don't say!

Yes, EVERYBODY is wrong on occasion. Even you. Believe it or not, I have been wrong at times.
2022-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules