Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

MavicFit91 Posted at 1-30 16:26
Hey guys. Like most of you I was having issues with gps acquisition. After the newest firmware update I deleted the fly app and reinstalled . After that the mavic 3 has locked home point in 45 seconds ever since. May be a coincidence , but I would feel bad not sharing. I would also recommend using dji assistant to do the latest firmware update. I am curious if this ends up helping anyone. So any feedback would be appreciated .

Nope. Did not work for me.

But... I just tried to use a GPS app on my phone that I have used for months. It was slow as hell too.

2022-1-30
Use props
spetersen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501952 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

DarthSLR Posted at 1-30 20:32
Really? Interesting... They seem to have totally different hardware... How quaint!

I realized there was a problem after I installed DJI Fly app , 1.5.8 and even after installing 1.5.9 before that was no problem , and after I got enough of satellites to take off ,the signal is extremely weak , orange RC indication on a distance of 500m or 1500 ft. Sorry to say I don’t think we will see any updates for awhile due to the Chinese New Year starting tomorrow feb 1
2022-1-30
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

spetersen Posted at 1-30 20:47
I realized there was a problem after I installed DJI Fly app , 1.5.8 and even after installing 1.5.9 before that was no problem , and after I got enough of satellites to take off ,the signal is extremely weak , orange RC indication on a distance of 500m or 1500 ft. Sorry to say I don’t think we will see any updates for awhile due to the Chinese New Year starting tomorrow feb 1

Oh man, that sucks
2022-1-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

spetersen Posted at 1-30 20:47
I realized there was a problem after I installed DJI Fly app , 1.5.8 and even after installing 1.5.9 before that was no problem , and after I got enough of satellites to take off ,the signal is extremely weak , orange RC indication on a distance of 500m or 1500 ft. Sorry to say I don’t think we will see any updates for awhile due to the Chinese New Year starting tomorrow feb 1

Thats interesting< so could this be app related. With every firmware update so far Dji released a new app that we had to use to get those new firmwares. I am gonna try and go back in app versions and see if that works. What was the version that the Mavic 3 was released with? Anyone knows?
2022-1-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-29 01:28
Hi Suren, thanks for the video and logs. We will forward them to our team for further analysis. We believe it will help a lot to locate the cause. Hope you understand that it may take some time. But we will do our best to solve this issue. Thanks for your understanding and patience in advance.

Hi There Mindy. Is there any news to providing a solution to this issues we are having. I have conducted many tests today and found that if the drone and RC are on the previous firmware versions which is .400 we have GPS lock in under 2 minutes which is acceptable, we also have working AirSense. Below is my findings after numerous tests conducted by myself today. This is what i posted in my thread created to address this issues.

1. Downgraded Ac and RC to previous firmware which is .400
2. Powered on Ac then RC and connected phone with mobile data turned on in the iPhone
3. Drone connected to home point and locked 11 sats (which gps signal bar turned white) in under 2 minutes
4. Turned drone off and removed battery for 2 hours ( watched movies)
5. Turned on drone again then RC and connected iPhone but I turned off the phone mobiles data - Put it into Flight mode- drone connected to 11 sats-turned white and recorded home point in under 2 minutes again
6. upgraded RC to .500 and left drone on .400 firmware- Full sat lock took 3 minutes this time to record the home point. Locked 11 sats again which turned GPS bar to white
7. upgraded drone to .500 (latest firmware) and downgraded RC to previous firmware .400 and drone locked full 11 sats in 53 seconds after being turned off for 2 hours - cold start
8. upgrade both drone and RC to latest firmware .500 and turned on drone then RC with Mobile data on phone enabled and drone took 6 minutes and 36 seconds to locks 12 sats and record home point.
9. Downgraded RC again, left drone on latest firmware and tried after an hour and the drone locked full sats in 1 minute and 30 seconds.

How is this possible that the RC when on the latest firmware causes the drone to take longer to register sats. When the drone and RC is on the previous firmware which is .400 the drone only needs 11 sats to register the home point but on the latest firmware needs 12 sats to register. The story about mobile data and using the phones A-GPS has been debunked here but something is not right in the firmware for the RC which should have nothing to do with locking in satellites. One thing I can be 100% sure of is that when I downgraded both the drone and RC to the previous versions I also managed to get alerts again from AirSense. This proves beyond a shadow o doubt that the newest firmware, although gave us all the missing features caused major issues for some, if not the majority of us with GPS and AirSense. I hereby urge Dji to hurry up and produce an update that will gives AirSense back and working GPS times with all the features that we paid f
2022-2-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

@DJI MINDY, can you pass the information on that I have shared to you to DJI Susan
2022-2-12
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dear DJI,
judging by the sheer number of replies, which is already exceeding the official announcements, this is not an imaginary issue.
Can we please get some official info on how/when it's going to be fixed?
2022-2-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DarthSLR Posted at 2-12 12:11
Dear DJI,
judging by the sheer number of replies, which is already exceeding the official announcements, this is not an imaginary issue.
Can we please get some official info on how/when it's going to be fixed?

I agree
2022-2-12
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flyer134 Posted at 2-13 12:25
Did you see that one of the DJI responses was to simply “wait a month until satellite positions are different”?  What a dumpster fire.

It's a joke, correct?
2022-2-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some reposnes from DJI are shockingly bad.  Hoping for a good one eventually such as - Install the latest firmware.
2022-2-13
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

OsamaBinAwesome Posted at 2-14 08:17
Pretty much all DJI responses are shockingly bad nowadays. In these forums, there are only like 15-20 guys for the most part (especially in the Mavic 3 area). One guy spends all day and all night here like 365/year as a shill for them (Hallmark) , and maybe DJI thinks it can move slowly because of "fanbois" like that? He will likely ragetype again now.

That's because you can't keep your big mouth shut.
Do us all a favour and crawl back under the rock you came from. BTW a handle like that shows your an absolute disgrace to your Country.
2022-2-14
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
United States

OsamaBinAwesome Posted at 2-14 16:26
Inshallah! By the eye of the camel I declare you wrong, infidel! I am OsamaBinAwesome, and you are an absolute disgrace to your country. May jihad be in your future!

Just goes to show how immature you really are.
2022-2-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Visual Air Posted at 2-14 15:48
That's because you can't keep your big mouth shut.
Do us all a favour and crawl back under the rock you came from. BTW a handle like that shows your an absolute disgrace to your Country.

He’s been banned, 5 accounts in just over a week. He still has a couple of other accounts open and I’m sure it won’t be long before he’s back , but hopefully people easily recognize he’s here for nothing else but to disrupt .
2022-2-15
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-15 11:05
He’s been banned, 5 accounts in just over a week. He still has a couple of other accounts open and I’m sure it won’t be long before he’s back , but hopefully people easily recognize he’s here for nothing else but to disrupt .

He is certainly crafting and contributing content that is easily identifiable as "ban-able" content.
2022-2-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Charles Adams Posted at 2-15 11:08
He is certainly crafting and contributing content that is easily identifiable as "ban-able" content.

Its a bit sad and pathetic at the same time..
2022-2-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-15 11:05

Well he seems to have been banned again, good riddance.
2022-2-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Suren Posted at 2-11 23:54
Hi There Mindy. Is there any news to providing a solution to this issues we are having. I have conducted many tests today and found that if the drone and RC are on the previous firmware versions which is .400 we have GPS lock in under 2 minutes which is acceptable, we also have working AirSense. Below is my findings after numerous tests conducted by myself today. This is what i posted in my thread created to address this issues.

Sorry for the late reply. Our engineers are working hard to solve this problem. Thanks to you and other customers for providing logs for analysis, our engineers were able to figure out the cause of this issue. We will optimate this issue with a firmware update. Hope you can patiently wait for the update.
2022-2-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Suren Posted at 2-12 10:56
@DJI MINDY, can you pass the information on that I have shared to you to DJI Susan

Thanks for the notice, I've forwarded them to Susan.
2022-2-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 2-11 23:54
Hi There Mindy. Is there any news to providing a solution to this issues we are having. I have conducted many tests today and found that if the drone and RC are on the previous firmware versions which is .400 we have GPS lock in under 2 minutes which is acceptable, we also have working AirSense. Below is my findings after numerous tests conducted by myself today. This is what i posted in my thread created to address this issues.

Looks like you got the reply you’d hoped for. Now we just need to wait and see when FW arrives.
2022-2-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-15 23:51
Sorry for the late reply. Our engineers are working hard to solve this problem. Thanks to you and other customers for providing logs for analysis, our engineers were able to figure out the cause of this issue. We will optimate this issue with a firmware update. Hope you can patiently wait for the update.

Thank you, that is great news.
2022-2-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-15 23:56
Looks like you got the reply you’d hoped for. Now we just need to wait and see when FW arrives.

Yes, that is fantastic news mate. I am happy now.
2022-2-16
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Will the update extend to the Air 2S? Since the last firmware update, I have been experiencing the same slower gps aquisition times. Also, what about Airsense? I had several aircraft fly within 1/2 mile last night with no warning. The sensitivity needs to be turned back up some.Thanks, Ken
2022-2-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Suren Posted at 2-16 09:57
Thank you, that is great news.

You're welcome. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2022-2-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mobilehomer Posted at 2-16 10:04
Will the update extend to the Air 2S? Since the last firmware update, I have been experiencing the same slower gps aquisition times. Also, what about Airsense? I had several aircraft fly within 1/2 mile last night with no warning. The sensitivity needs to be turned back up some.Thanks, Ken

Hi there, could you please tell us more detail about the GPS acquisition issue? How long does it take to get satellites? Did you test it in a different area to see if the issue still exists? Please note that objective factors such as weather and environment may affect the airsense. If there is occlusion, radio interference or environmental changes,  the plane may not be detected.
2022-2-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mindy, cold start on Mavic 3 with latest firmware, no obstructions, and a clear day - sometimes runs 5 minutes or more.  This did not happen prior to the updated firmware releases.  It is painfully slow to watch your battery bake off while waiting for sats.
2022-2-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TonyPHX Posted at 2-17 19:50
Mindy, cold start on Mavic 3 with latest firmware, no obstructions, and a clear day - sometimes runs 5 minutes or more.  This did not happen prior to the updated firmware releases.  It is painfully slow to watch your battery bake off while waiting for sats.

Your craft will idle on the ground for up to 3 hours, so 5 minutes waiting for GPS is not going to use much battery power.
2022-2-18
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-18 01:50
Your craft will idle on the ground for up to 3 hours, so 5 minutes waiting for GPS is not going to use much battery power.

True enough, but I have seen it take 3-7 percent while waiting.  I think this is something worthy of fixing.
2022-2-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-18 01:50
Your craft will idle on the ground for up to 3 hours, so 5 minutes waiting for GPS is not going to use much battery power.

Your car used to be able to go at 100 km/hr.
But now it can only make 60.
But don't worry, it will still get to your destination.
2022-2-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 2-18 14:12
Your car used to be able to go at 100 km/hr.
But now it can only make 60.
But don't worry, it will still get to your destination.

Congrats you got a M3, we’ll be able to get a real world review now. Enjoy ..
2022-2-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-18 14:19
Congrats you got a M3, we’ll be able to get a real world review now. Enjoy ..

I reviewed it and sent it back while I could still get my money back.
It won't serve my flying purposes in its current state.
2022-2-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2-18 15:24
I reviewed it and sent it back while I could still get my money back.
It won't serve my flying purposes in its current state.

Would you mind sharing what other issues you picked up with the drone?
2022-2-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 2-18 22:58
Would you mind sharing what other issues you picked up with the drone?

They've all been discussed ad infinitum already.
I might get one when/if they get around to correcting things, but the app is a big negative for me.
If Xdynamics release their stills camera soon, I'll step up to that for the upgrade I've been waiting so long for.
Until then the P4 pros will be my workhorses.
2022-2-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2-19 00:04
They've all been discussed ad infinitum already.
I might get one when/if they get around to correcting things, but the app is a big negative for me.
If Xdynamics release their stills camera soon, I'll step up to tat for the upgrade I've been waiting so long for.

Thanks for the feedback
2022-2-19
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Military sources tell me that the potential Russian-Ukraine war has made the different Satellite Positioning system-owners sending a less powerful signal for civilian use from their satellites, as they do in any war-prone situation, sometimes by area, sometimes worldwide.
This could be part of the problem but obviously not the only reason.  Keep in mind though that a 'normal' GPS-receiver is very happy starting with 5 or six satellites and the M3 wants > 12 before recording the home point.
2022-2-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

PhanFran Posted at 2-19 03:35
Military sources tell me that the potential Russian-Ukraine war has made the different Satellite Positioning system-owners sending a less powerful signal for civilian use from their satellites, as they do in any war-prone situation, sometimes by area, sometimes worldwide.
This could be part of the problem but obviously not the only reason.  Keep in mind though that a 'normal' GPS-receiver is very happy starting with 5 or six satellites and the M3 wants > 12 before recording the home point.

This could be part of the problem but obviously not the only reason.
Probably not, because the problem started back in December, and it doesn't affect other drones or GPS devices

Keep in mind though that a 'normal' GPS-receiver is very happy starting with 5 or six satellites and
A non-DJI GPS receiver that only accesses one satellite system will give a 3D fix with a minimum of 4 sats.
DJI required a minimum of 6 back in the early days when their drones only used the US GPS sats.

the M3 wants > 12 before recording the home point.
The M3 accesses sats from 3 different systems, so it should easily pick up about three times the number of sats.
But it doesn't want any particular number (>6).
Because it gets so many sats (when it's working properly), it will get quite a few that are close together and not useful for providing a good spread of sats that's necessary for good triangulation.

2022-2-19
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

PhanFran Posted at 2-19 03:35

... then let's hope that this ukraine crisis was not triggered by the DJI software update in December...   
2022-2-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hi There, Do you have a timeframe as to when this GPS fix will be coming thru? The wait time to get a full home point lock is becoming totally unbearable. My wait time is now exceeding 8 minutes.
2022-2-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2-19 03:47
This could be part of the problem but obviously not the only reason.
Probably not because the problem started back in December, and it doesn't affect other drones or GPS devices

True, from the exact same location, I have seen home point set with as few as 8 satellites all the way to as many as 14.  After home pint set and up 150' and more, I generally get 24.
2022-2-27
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

If the Ukraine and war related excuse are correct, then this would have affected all drones.  I fire up my Air2S from cold and it's ready to fly in thirty seconds so I am not buying the explanation provided.  DJI will fix this.
2022-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Suren Posted at 2-27 18:27
Hi There, Do you have a timeframe as to when this GPS fix will be coming thru? The wait time to get a full home point lock is becoming totally unbearable. My wait time is now exceeding 8 minutes.

Hi there, we are sorry that we have not got any information about it at present, but our team is working hard on it. You are recommended to keep close attention to the update on our official web: http://dji.com. Thanks.
2022-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules