10295 337 2021-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
Bulgaria

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-1 22:29
Hi there, we are sorry that we have not got any information about it at present, but our team is working hard on it. You are recommended to keep close attention to the update on our official web: http://dji.com. Thanks.

If your team has been working hard for more than 2 months and you can't say when the problem will be solved, it makes me doubt how good your team is.
2022-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

KokoFresha Posted at 3-2 00:45
If your team has been working hard for more than 2 months and you can't say when the problem will be solved, it makes me doubt how good your team is.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We will urge the relevant teams again. Hope the new firmware will be released soon.
2022-3-2
Use props
NDI-Orlando
lvl.2
Flight distance : 631014 ft
United States

Perhaps a ray of hope on the GPS lock issue.  I've had a brief back-and-forth with DJI support--mainly seeking more specific information on the issue itself and what DJI may be doing to address it.  The following response arrived this morning (3/2/22):   We are truly sorry about the received GPS signal issue, our relevant team is working hard to resolve this issue by updating the firmware. unfortunately, we do not have a specific date of the update time. But we believe it won't be long, please don't worry. As soon as we update it, we will publish it on the official website, please pay attention to the Release Notes of the following website.   https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-3       Please accept our sincere apology again.  Your understanding and support mean a lot to us. Really appreciate your support to DJI.   Have a good day and night.   Thank you for choosing DJI. Best Regards,
2022-3-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

NDI-Orlando Posted at 3-2 07:52
Perhaps a ray of hope on the GPS lock issue.  I've had a brief back-and-forth with DJI support--mainly seeking more specific information on the issue itself and what DJI may be doing to address it.  The following response arrived this morning (3/2/22):   We are truly sorry about the received GPS signal issue, our relevant team is working hard to resolve this issue by updating the firmware. unfortunately, we do not have a specific date of the update time. But we believe it won't be long, please don't worry. As soon as we update it, we will publish it on the official website, please pay attention to the Release Notes of the following website.   https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-3       Please accept our sincere apology again.  Your understanding and support mean a lot to us. Really appreciate your support to DJI.   Have a good day and night.   Thank you for choosing DJI. Best Regards,

Thanks for posting this confirmation response. There are a couple of trolls on this forum posting fake emails with complete nonsense on them. I suppose people can only wait until next FW to see if it gets sorted.
2022-3-2
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Perhaps a ray of hope on the GPS lock issue.  I've had a brief back-and-forth with DJI support--mainly seeking more specific information on the issue itself and what DJI may be doing to address it.  The following response arrived this morning (3/2/22):   We are truly sorry about the received GPS signal issue, our relevant team is working hard to resolve this issue by updating the firmware. unfortunately, we do not have a specific date of the update time. But we believe it won't be long, please don't worry. As soon as we update it, we will publish it on the official website, please pay attention to the Release Notes of the following website.   https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-3       Please accept our sincere apology again.  Your understanding and support mean a lot to us. Really appreciate your support to DJI.   Have a good day and night.   Thank you for choosing DJI. Best Regards,

I know it's frustrating for some, but being vague about release dates and what bug fixes to expect is not at all an uncommon business practice.  I wish that DJI were more transparent, and I have critiqued them on more than one occasion on their lack of transparency.  Never-the-less, there is a sound and well established business justification for companies to be vague on when updates will occur and when/how issues will be addressed.  I don't like it, but I understand it.

My preference would be that the DJI would commit to a monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly release schedule.  They need not commit to what issues they would address in those releases, just that there would be a scheduled release on a regular interval of time.
2022-3-2
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Last night outing was the worst. I didn't time it per see, but it was about 4-5 minutes
2022-3-2
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Charles Adams Posted at 3-2 08:34
I know it's frustrating for some, but being vague about release dates and what bug fixes to expect is not at all an uncommon business practice.  I wish that DJI were more transparent, and I have critiqued them on more than one occasion on their lack of transparency.  Never-the-less, there is a sound and well established business justification for companies to be vague on when updates will occur and when/how issues will be addressed.  I don't like it, but I understand it.

My preference would be that the DJI would commit to a monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly release schedule.  They need not commit to what issues they would address in those releases, just that there would be a scheduled release on a regular interval of time.

That would give a lot of peace of mind!
2022-3-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Perhaps a ray of hope on the GPS lock issue.  I've had a brief back-and-forth with DJI support--mainly seeking more specific information on the issue itself and what DJI may be doing to address it.  The following response arrived this morning (3/2/22):   We are truly sorry about the received GPS signal issue, our relevant team is working hard to resolve this issue by updating the firmware. unfortunately, we do not have a specific date of the update time. But we believe it won't be long, please don't worry. As soon as we update it, we will publish it on the official website, please pay attention to the Release Notes of the following website.   https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-3       Please accept our sincere apology again.  Your understanding and support mean a lot to us. Really appreciate your support to DJI.   Have a good day and night.   Thank you for choosing DJI. Best Regards,

That's not a ray of hope.
It's a meaningless nothing answer, given to get rid of you because they have no information, even though the problem has been around for two months.
You won't get any useful information from DJI "support" people.

2022-3-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-1 22:29
Hi there, we are sorry that we have not got any information about it at present, but our team is working hard on it. You are recommended to keep close attention to the update on our official web: http://dji.com. Thanks.

I would like to bring your attention to the thread in the link below, Today it took over 11 minutes to get a home point recorded for me, it is really becoming a joke. I have emailed support as well and I want my drone replaced under warranty for a proper fully functional drone for what money I have paid. If I have to wait 2/3 minutes for home point I will wait but not 8 to 11 minutes.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=7#pid2685695
2022-3-2
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 3-2 18:35
I would like to bring your attention to the thread in the link below, Today it took over 11 minutes to get a home point recorded for me, it is really becoming a joke. I have emailed support as well and I want my drone replaced under warranty for a proper fully functional drone for what money I have paid. If I have to wait 2/3 minutes for home point I will wait but not 8 to 11 minutes.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=259802&page=7#pid2685695

I would really like to get the M3 sometime this year for what I do.
Sure hope they can get a handle on this,if not then may have to think
about something else.Not sure what to do yet,maybe just wait it out.
2022-3-2
Use props
flyflyawayhome
Second Officer

United States

This is par for the course with DJI. Lots of promises up front. Then when they ship a product, some subset of the features work properly, many work poorly, and some not at all. Each subsequent FW release might fix some problems, and usually will break more features. If you have a product of theirs that does what you need it do, stop updating the firmware. Though, this may not be possible anymore, they may force one to update, or risk losing any functionality at all. My P 3 Pro still works ok. I am in no hurry to spend this much money for a mavic 3 and go through what I did with the P3.
2022-3-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

djiuser_I80qauTWRcUe Posted at 3-2 18:56
What do you think the over-under is that they will fix AirSense with the next update in a month?
I’m guessing 3:1 odds they won’t.

Hopefully they do but Airsense issue is actually the app and not the drone. I installed the fly app 1.5.8 and air sense works as it should, as soon as you go to 1.5.9 and above it does not work.
2022-3-2
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_I80qauTWRcUe Posted at 3-2 19:20
No way I’d recommend shelling out for an M3 until DJI deals with this problem. IF they are able to…
For all we know, it could be hardware components failing. I wouldn’t risk it.

Thanks for the advice,if DJI can't get a handle on this they have a real problem on their hands.
That drone has got to be perfect before I fork over that kind  of coin for it.
2022-3-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Freetime Posted at 3-2 19:12
I would really like to get the M3 sometime this year for what I do.
Sure hope they can get a handle on this,if not then may have to think
about something else.Not sure what to do yet,maybe just wait it out.

I should have waited as well but rushed into it thinking it would be a solid release like the air2s but I was wrong, never again.
2022-3-2
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 3-2 19:47
I should have waited as well but rushed into it thinking it would be a solid release like the air2s but I was wrong, never again.

I had similar great experience with M2P.
M3 was, and still is, in many aspects, a flying disaster.
2022-3-2
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 3-2 19:47

I am still looking at that Autel Lite+,I think I talked to you a while ago on this drone and
you have it,or I am mistaken.And if you do is it still working good for you.
2022-3-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Freetime Posted at 3-2 20:17
I am still looking at that Autel Lite+,I think I talked to you a while ago on this drone and
you have it,or I am mistaken.And if you do is it still working good for you.

I do have the Lite+ but its not without its own issues buy Hey at least with the Autel I can start and fly in 30 seconds. The Autel issues, Autel has come out and apologised for it and admitted there was an issue a while back and have said an update is due in March to fix it, Dji on the other hand have this issues since December and to date cannot advise when or where the update will drop, we are just expected to sit and wait with such expensive equipment. Its a pity that consumers have no unity to stand as one voice against these issues.

Sorry for the rant mate.
2022-3-2
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

2022-3-2
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 3-2 20:39
I do have the Lite+ but its not without its own issues buy Hey at least with the Autel I can start and fly in 30 seconds. The Autel issues, Autel has come out and apologised for it and admitted there was an issue a while back and have said an update is due in March to fix it, Dji on the other hand have this issues since December and to date cannot advise when or where the update will drop, we are just expected to sit and wait with such expensive equipment. Its a pity that consumers have no unity to stand as one voice against these issues.

Sorry for the rant mate.

No problem at all ,thank you much for the info.
2022-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Suren Posted at 3-2 18:35
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=259802&page=7#pid2685695

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconveneince. Hope you can understand that the GPS issue may not be hardware replated. We will optimate this issue  with a firmware update. A replacement may also have the same issue. Hope you can wait for the update patiently.
2022-3-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-5 01:30
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconveneince. Hope you can understand that the GPS issue may not be hardware replated. We will optimate this issue  with a firmware update. A replacement may also have the same issue. Hope you can wait for the update patiently.

Hi Mindy, at least a date as to when the firmware would drop would shut me and everyone else up.
2022-3-5
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Bulgaria

Suren Posted at 3-5 11:26
Hi Mindy, at least a date as to when the firmware would drop would shut me and everyone else up.

I support this request.
2022-3-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If they are dealing with something that they haven't been able to fix yet, they aren't going to be able to tell when they might have it fixed.
2022-3-5
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Suren Posted at 3-2 20:39
I do have the Lite+ but its not without its own issues buy Hey at least with the Autel I can start and fly in 30 seconds. The Autel issues, Autel has come out and apologised for it and admitted there was an issue a while back and have said an update is due in March to fix it, Dji on the other hand have this issues since December and to date cannot advise when or where the update will drop, we are just expected to sit and wait with such expensive equipment. Its a pity that consumers have no unity to stand as one voice against these issues.

Sorry for the rant mate.

Hey Suren I know you were having issues with wind with the Autel Lite+ check out this video from QC Guy, he was quite impressed. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the Lite+ over the Mavic 3 but DJI still has some time to drag a rabbit out of the hat as still have no stock in NZ of the Lite+

2022-3-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Bussty Posted at 3-5 15:17
Hey Suren I know you were having issues with wind with the Autel Lite+ check out this video from QC Guy, he was quite impressed. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the Lite+ over the Mavic 3 but DJI still has some time to drag a rabbit out of the hat as still have no stock in NZ of the Lite+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeKGT8wBZHo&t=2s

Very different to what I experienced.
2022-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 3-5 18:51
Very different to what I experienced.

How is the lite now?, they’ve implemented a couple of firmwares since its release
2022-3-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 3-6 09:51
How is the lite now?, they’ve implemented a couple of firmwares since its release

Honestly, it is a good drone, I like it but they just need to fix the wandering camera and they say its a level 7 wind resistant drone but flys like a 5 to me. The M3 is more stable in high winds. Autel did say they will fix this in the update coming this month so we have to see.
2022-3-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 3-6 09:54
Honestly, it is a good drone, I like it but they just need to fix the wandering camera and they say its a level 7 wind resistant drone but flys like a 5 to me. The M3 is more stable in high winds. Autel did say they will fix this in the update coming this month so we have to see.

I’m sure they will, still a lot of good reports about it.
2022-3-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 3-6 10:05
I’m sure they will, still a lot of good reports about it.

Yeah, videos footage and photos are amazing. I bought the ND1000 for it as well but waiting for the firmware before I can test long exposures with it
2022-3-6
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Suren Posted at 3-6 10:10
Yeah, videos footage and photos are amazing. I bought the ND1000 for it as well but waiting for the firmware before I can test long exposures with it

You are going to have a ball with that ND1000 around the coast. Is something I plan to do to - waterfalls, grazing stock, rivers, sea, clouds, etc etc even people I guess?
2022-3-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Bussty Posted at 3-6 12:52
You are going to have a ball with that ND1000 around the coast. Is something I plan to do to - waterfalls, grazing stock, rivers, sea, clouds, etc etc even people I guess?

It was for the Evo II Pro that filter but i put it on and it fits perfectly.
2022-3-6
Use props
Mavic 3 Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Everyone.   For anyone at DJI who is listening, here is another datapoint.

Took my Mavic 3 out yesterday.    In 1min32secs had 10 satellites    As we all know, we need 12 satellites to be considered a 'STRONG CONNECTION'....I take this very seriously and will wait until I have a strong connection to actually do anything with the drone (others have their own opinions here, but this is important to me and so I will wait).   The crux, however, is that it took another 2mins15secs to get the last 2 satellites to connect.   

Now everyone keeps saying that a total of 3mins 47secs isn't 'too bad' to have to wait for a connection.

HOWEVER:  I took my Mini 2 (that I haven't flown in 2 weeks) and put it in the exact same spot.    In 28secs I had 14 satellites connected and ready to go.

So, for all the theories that since DJI required more satellites to connect for the Mavic 3 to make it 'more accurate', the reality is my $400 drone connects 2 more satellites in 1/8th the time it took the Mavic 3 to connect 10 satellites.

In my opinion, 2 takeaways:
1) Something going on when the last 2 sats takes longer to connect than the first 10
2) Something REALLY going on when my Mini 2 connects more satellites is hella shorter time than the Mavic 3
2022-3-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mavic 3 Raptor Posted at 3-6 18:28
Hi Everyone.   For anyone at DJI who is listening, here is another datapoint.

Took my Mavic 3 out yesterday.    In 1min32secs had 10 satellites    As we all know, we need 12 satellites to be considered a 'STRONG CONNECTION'....I take this very seriously and will wait until I have a strong connection to actually do anything with the drone (others have their own opinions here, but this is important to me and so I will wait).   The crux, however, is that it took another 2mins15secs to get the last 2 satellites to connect.   

I think the last couple of sats is what the drone is looking to lock from the Beidou constellation hence it takes so long to get a home point recorded.
2022-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

We are very sorry that we do not know the exact timeline. But our engineers will do their best to release the firmware as soon as possible. Please stay tuned for any latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at http://dji.com Thank you.
2022-3-7
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Bulgaria

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-7 00:31
We are very sorry that we do not know the exact timeline. But our engineers will do their best to release the firmware as soon as possible. Please stay tuned for any latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at http://dji.com Thank you.

Week after week the same answer. No progress. I assure you that I am much more sorry than you. You in a personal capacity if you invest in an expensive product that you plan to use in your work and find yourself in the same situation, would you show understanding for 3 months? I am not satisfied with your answer. This situation can go on forever.
2022-3-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Suren Posted at 1-28 19:23
Video proof. Can we get this resolved urgently. Its driving us crazy
https://youtu.be/rQ2lXezoRfg

Hi suren,

great video, uh i mean  good music!  who is playing at 2.11 ??  

cheers
JJB
2022-3-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

JJB* Posted at 3-7 12:05
Hi suren,

great video, uh i mean  good music!  who is playing at 2.11 ??  

That's the Temptations. I like their music, so soothing.
2022-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

KokoFresha Posted at 3-7 02:00
Week after week the same answer. No progress. I assure you that I am much more sorry than you. You in a personal capacity if you invest in an expensive product that you plan to use in your work and find yourself in the same situation, would you show understanding for 3 months? I am not satisfied with your answer. This situation can go on forever.

We understand your anxiety and frustration very well. We also really want to help. Please rest assured, we are moving this process forward. We will continue to urge our engineers to release firmware as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience.
2022-3-8
Use props
Virgil Quick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-8 03:24
We understand your anxiety and frustration very well. We also really want to help. Please rest assured, we are moving this process forward. We will continue to urge our engineers to release firmware as soon as possible. Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience.

DJI's corporate silence on this subject is deafening.
2022-3-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Virgil Quick Posted at 3-8 14:32
DJI's corporate silence on this subject is deafening.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Our team is working on this issue and will optimate it through the next firmware. Hope you can wait for the firmware update patiently.
2022-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules