Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Single operator automated camera movement ...
1344 12 2015-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Here is an idea I just had ...

Wouldn´t it be great to have som pre programmed pans fully automated to choose from in the pilot app for us who don´t have a "co pilot" !?

Or will this also be a request towards the 3d party developers ?
Maybe this is what they allready are doing for us ... I don´t know.

Just to be clear ... I am only reffering to camera movement ... not autonomous flight ... (I´m happy to control the sticks on my own).

To add some smooth control to the gimbal I would like the control wheel to creat a "spiral" movement (not only up and down OR sideways as it is now ... I want both simultaneously)

Tell me what you think ... am I totaly off with this ?

2015-8-3
Use props
sndguy1
lvl.2

United States

Good thoughts!... Perhaps they could substitute the gimbal wheel on the controller for a very small "joystick" control (similar to the mouse controls nestled in the keyboard of a laptop).  Then we would have both X and Y control that could be controlled by the finger tip.
2015-8-3
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

I like it!   The start of the move could be triggered by the photo button or something.
2015-8-3
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

easy fix, turn the inspire while you pan the camera up or down   I dont see how a preset camera movement range would be very beneficial, likely would be too far or not far enough to keep your desired target in view unless it was smart enough to somehow recognize objects and let you lock onto them to keep it centered in the camera view regardless of drone movements.
2015-8-6
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-8-6 16:49
easy fix, turn the inspire while you pan the camera up or down   I dont see how a preset camera mo ...

Wow ... you must be extremely exact with your stick input ...
I guess I need to practice a lot more!
Or maybe your not as "fussy" with what you get out of your camera ?

Let´s say you leave the bird hovering and you want a couple of shots with the exact same panning speed and duration (using all axis on the gimbal) ... this is hard to do with the sticks unless you put them to the max.
Even if you hade the dual remotes this would be very hard to do!

Probably not very hard to create the SW for this ...

But I think you are right ... With the lock on to the POI this should be a walk in the park ... ( I want that more and more)!
2015-8-6
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

w1der Posted at 2015-8-6 17:48
Wow ... you must be extremely exact with your stick input ...
I guess I need to practice a lot mo ...

perhaps i dont quite understand what you want to do?  It seems to turn pretty smoothly with steady and consistent stick movement in my experience for the most part.  Also i believe the sensitivity gain levels are adjustable though ive never messed with them.  My controller setup uses the left stick for turning and up/down and the right stick flys forwards/backwards side/side.  if i press the left stick lightly left or right it turns slowly in that direction, pushing farther makes it turn faster, with some practice you can fly in a circle around yourself while keeping yourself centered in the camera pretty decently while using the wheel to pan camera up/down.  Granted there are many factors such as speed/distance/height and so on and if your sensitivity gain is too high it may be much more difficult to maintain consistent movement, and it does take practice.  I wouldnt say im perfect at it by any means and its easier at slower speeds but the more you practice the faster you can fly around yourself and still keep yourself centered in the camera.  I think its easier with only one remote but ive never tried using a dual setup, it just seems like it would be harder to get the pilot to fly how you want without him having camera control but maybe im wrong.
2015-8-6
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

Couldn't you just the follow mode on the gimbal setting? Granted there is mechanical stop after a bit. But it could be used for a short time.

2015-8-6
Use props
alan
lvl.2

United States

I have another system that uses a Futaba transmitter. There is a slide control that I move with my right index finger to pitch the camera down while at the same time I use my left thumb to increase the altitude of the copter. I can program the speed the camera will pitch as well as how far by where I move this lever. The fact that the Inspire requires me to use my left index finger to press against a knob that has no physical feedback at all while I need to use my left thumb to raise the copter is vastly inferior.

Keep in mind that many cameras have facial recognition, smile, detection,. etc.  There is no reason why they couldn't implement a feature where you simply press on a spot on the screen and the camera would track that no matter where you move the copter.
2015-8-6
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Australia

ne

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-8-6 18:31
perhaps i dont quite understand what you want to do?  It seems to turn pretty smoothly with steady ...

No, we're talking about precise camera movements with controlled ease in/outs on each side.  

I like to think I'm very good at moving the Inspire to get controlled camera moves but this feature would add a whole new dimension.  

Would be great to program a camera move to smoothly pan right and up so as I fly across the length of an object and have the camera at 90 degrees it gets an amazing perspective shift.   Impossible at the moment to do this as a solo operator and having only the wheel to control a single axis change is very useful, but clumsy when striving for perfection.  
2015-8-6
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-8-7 05:30
No, we're talking about precise camera movements with controlled ease in/outs on each side.  

I li ...

oh.  I set one of the buttons on the back to toggle from camera up/down to side/side but almost never use it side/side, i find it easier to just the inspire instead, that way the camera is always pointing forward for easier FPV flying.
2015-8-6
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Australia

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-8-7 06:45
oh.  I set one of the buttons on the back to toggle from camera up/down to side/side but almost nev ...

Yeah, I do that as well.  But you can't use them simultaneously, as in a single move that pans and tilts throughout the same shot.   Plus it's not as responsive the joysticks for easing in and out.   Plus you're flying safely at the same time.    As I said, I like to think I'm very good at making nice camera movements using the Inspire, but this feature would take it to a new level.
2015-8-6
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-8-7 06:48
Yeah, I do that to.  But you can't use them simultaneously, as in a single move that pans and tilt ...

fair enough, im never against having more options available even if id never use them.  I didnt quite understand what you meant at first i guess, im by no means a professional photographer.  sorry for the confusion.
2015-8-6
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Australia

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-8-7 06:52
fair enough, im never against having more options available even if id never use them.  I didnt qu ...

All good.  The main point is there are moves that are impossible as a single operator simply for that reason.  The rest is offer repeatability and fine tuning.
2015-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules