Problems connecting the vision app to the phantom after android 5 update
1988 4 2014-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allansuperze
New

United States

Hello,

After updating my android phone to the 5.0 version of the OS I started having problems connecting the vision app to the phantom.

When I try to connect the vision app simply closes or it shows that I'm not connect to any network when I clearly am connected to the phantom network.

When I disable mobile data the app shows me connected and I can see the camera, but only when the phantom is powered down, if I turn it on the app closes and when I attempt to open it again it will just close again.

All of this is easily reproducible and always happens as described.

My guess is that android changed it so that if it doesn't detect internet connectivity through the wifi it will attempt to use the mobile data and this is messing up with the vision app.

Has anyone else experienced this and better yet, has found a solution?

My phantom is the vision 2+ and my phone is a nexus 4 now running android 5.0
2014-11-28
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

Nothing on my Android Nex. 7 Lollipop works anymore.
Worst update EVER.
2014-11-28
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

Try turning "Cell data" to OFF ini your phones settings..
Sorry, just read that you tried that.
Lollipop is force closing almost ALL of my Apps. Soemtimes they run for a minute, then sometimes 5, then soetimes wont load at all...but either way, they ALL force close in a very short time.
The ONLY thing that has helped, is i remoced all of my older Apps that I dont use anymore, then powered off/on my deives TWICE in a row...that gave some back. I also had a Wifi drop problem, so i removed ALL my other Wifi Data so theres only the one left...notyhing else for it to connect too.

Good luck, but Android has some work to do.....
2014-11-28
Use props
tobias.westerbl
New

Sweden

I'm using Nexus 5 with Android 5 and disabling mobile data seems to work for me.  With mobile data on the app won't recognize the drone wifi.

Turning on mobile data again when the app already is connected will immediately disconnect the drone from the app.

For me the app still works when starting the drone motors.
2014-11-29
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DONT UPDATE 5.0 lollipop.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;pid=&lang=en
2014-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules