6650 7 2021-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PonyXpress
lvl.1
Flight distance : 968 ft

United States

Hello,

I have the MA2 and I purchased the kit that came with the Smart Controller.  I've tried both methods to update firmware to no avail.

With my Smart Controller connected to my home wifi network, and selecting System Update, I get one of two responses.  It either spins forever and never returns a response, meaning I have to just exit the menu.  Or, it will come back with Failed to get Server Information.  Please check your network connection.  I've tested my wifi with several other devices, including Android and everything is fine.  I then used my iPhone 13 Pro as Hot Spot with Verizon (wifi OFF) and connected the Smart Controller to that, and tried again and got the same error.

Can anyone confirm the DJI Update Server is actually online and working?

Does anyone have the actual Update Server url?  I want to try adding this to my firewall whitelist.  I don't think this will work because I tested using my iphone with wifi off, so it used cellular and got the same error.  But, what the heck, I'll try anything at this point.

My current version shows V01.00.0880   Anyone know if that is the curent / latest version?

I also followed the instructions to update the firmware from my Windows 10 pc.  I launched the DJI Assistant 2 app running As Administrator and logged into my DJI account. I connected the Smart Controller to my pc.  The App first pops up with a message that says something like ... If you have a Mavic mini, follow these steps to connect....  The only option is to click on Confirm to continue.  The App then shows the picture of plugging inth e USB cable to the pc, meaning it's waiting for me.  Turning on the Smart Controller, it pops up with a message saying USB  charging power is low...click OK.  Then the Smart Controller asked if the USB connection is for Charging Only, File Transfer, or Photo Transfrer. I select the middle one, File Transfer.    The pc detects the device, Windows 10 says it Setting up the Device...then you get the Device is Ready message.  Using Fire Manager, I can see all the files on the Internal Storage (and if I have the SD card installed, I can see that too).  So the pc and Smart Controller connection are working.  Meanwhile, the App is just waiting for me to plugin the USB connection, just sits there and I can do nothing else.  Why doesn't the app detect the Smart Controller and then offer the fw update options?

Yes, I have done a Factory Reset, didn't help.

2021-12-12
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

The latest Smart Controller Firmware Version is v01.01.0064, so yours is far behind. It's from the beginning of the year or so.

Can't help you with the connection problem, though.

Here is the announcememt of the latest FW and how to install:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=246174
2021-12-12
Use props
PonyXpress
lvl.1

United States

FloridaNext Posted at 12-12 09:27
The latest Smart Controller Firmware Version is v01.01.0064, so yours is far behind. It's from the beginning of the year or so.

Can't help you with the connection problem, though.

wow, I'm way behind, thank you!

It turns out that my cellular hotspot test was a flop because I didn't realize it turned my wifi back on, means it used my same firewall.  
I'm uninstalling DJI A2 app on my pc and trying again
2021-12-12
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

PonyXpress Posted at 12-12 09:45
wow, I'm way behind, thank you!

It turns out that my cellular hotspot test was a flop because I didn't realize it turned my wifi back on, means it used my same firewall.  

see that you get the right version of the Assistent 2. There's a version for the mini 2, mavic air 2 and mavic 3. And there's  a version for phantoms  and mavic 2.

The latest version for mavic 2 is 2.0.14

Open the DJI assistent 2 before you connect the drone or controller. Wait to connect till you got the screen that is waiting for connection, so after you confirmed any messages on your pc. Then connect your drone or controller and power it up.

If the Assistent 2 is not ready before you connect the controller, windows take control and you're able to see the memory content, but the assistent won't connect.

If conected to the assistent and you still got time outs, your dns is too slow. Set your dns to 1.1.1.1 (cloudflare) or 8.8.8.8 (Google).
Even if you got fast internet a slow DNS might trigger time outs.
2021-12-12
Use props
PonyXpress
lvl.1

United States

I have successfully updated the smart controller to the current version.  I gave up on using my pc, as Windows stopped recognizing it altogether.  At least before i could see the files, but now Windows doesn't even see controller, even using the usb cable that came with my kit.  I tried several usb ports.

I did a full factory reset again, and this time I logged into my wifi, set the correct timezone, logged into my dji account, and went straight away to update firmware, and it worked.  Once the controller was updated, it then pushed more updates to MA2 and the to each battery.  I've connected everything several times and now I think everything is current.  After the upgrade, I have not tried to see if the pc would see it or not.  I'm going flying now.....  
2021-12-12
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

PonyXpress Posted at 12-12 15:28
I have successfully updated the smart controller to the current version.  I gave up on using my pc, as Windows stopped recognizing it altogether.  At least before i could see the files, but now Windows doesn't even see controller, even using the usb cable that came with my kit.  I tried several usb ports.

I did a full factory reset again, and this time I logged into my wifi, set the correct timezone, logged into my dji account, and went straight away to update firmware, and it worked.  Once the controller was updated, it then pushed more updates to MA2 and the to each battery.  I've connected everything several times and now I think everything is current.  After the upgrade, I have not tried to see if the pc would see it or not.  I'm going flying now.....

Good you found a solution to update your controller
2021-12-13
Use props
PonyXpress
lvl.1

United States

FYI, the following are the version that my smart controller is on, and it says I'm up to date now.

Android version

Android security patch level
April 5, 2017    (seems old to me ??)

Kernel version

System version

And then checking inside the dji app

Mavic Air 2

Aircraft  Firmware

RC Firmware

FlySafe Database

FlySafe Database for Apps

App Version