Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Buggy Continuous Long Recording ? Overheating!
1035 6 2021-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Soam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 661627 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I normally use my GoPro to shoot 30-40 minutes long single video while driving and it has never failed and never got over heated too.
But today, I tried using the OSMO Action 2 for the first time for this same job and the camera  said, over heating error after 11 minutes and got switched  off.

NOTE - Im running on latest firmware only. And I was shooting to external SD card at 4K60fps.

So, whats  the fix for this ?
Has this camera not been tested for long continuous shooting ??

2021-12-13
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Appears to be a real problem and no fix yet.
2021-12-13
Use props
cpt_carrot
lvl.2

New Zealand

The fix is to shoot 4k30 or 2.7k30 and turn on the air con in the car. The camera tells you that recording times at higher framerates are limited.
2021-12-13
Use props
Soam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 661627 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

shooting low fps will add jitter with every road hump and speed breakers, thus 60fps works best for this,

Anyone from DJI who can confirm, this is getting fixed soon with a firmware update ?
2021-12-13
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Soam. In your case, two setting may help:

1. In action2,swipe down -> gear button settings, there is a "Auto-stop Rec Temp", select high temperature Threshold
2. connect the module (screen module or battery module) together to do a long time shoot, this will increase the shooting time a lot.
3. any environment with air flow helps a lot for action2 heat exchange.

2021-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Soam. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Action 2 is wrapped with sliver metal materials that feature fast heat conduction and dissipation. To cope with the temperature surge, we apply the Temperature Threshold System for DJI Action2. When it is heating up and arrives at the temperature threshold, the camera will prompt and stop recording. The standard temperature threshold is 48℃, the high-temperature threshold is 53℃. We recommend you adjust the temperature threshold according to personal habits and scenarios. Or you can choose a lower resolution to record for fear of overheating. For example, 1080p power-saving mode. Thank you.
2021-12-13
Use props
cpt_carrot
lvl.2

New Zealand

Soam Posted at 12-13 17:07
shooting low fps will add jitter with every road hump and speed breakers, thus 60fps works best for this,

Anyone from DJI who can confirm, this is getting fixed soon with a firmware update ?

jitter is a stabilization problem, and gets better with faster shutter speed. I'd argue that there are other ways to get that, but increasing the framerate is probably the easiest...

Try lowering the resolution to 2.7k. You can upscale to 4k without noticeably losing quality.

A metal cage can help dissipate heat. I've seen some being sold online.
2021-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules