Does pressing the battery button reset auto discharge?
666 4 2021-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans42067501
lvl.2
Flight distance : 376657 ft
United States

I have three new DJI brand batteries for my Phantom 4 and want to take the best care of them. I understand from the Users Manual that it is best to allow the batteries to discharge to 60% if they are not used for a certain number of days. I set that at 5 days in the DJI Go 4 app.
Here's my question/problem:
To check on whether the automatic discharge is working, I check the batteries every couple of days by pressing the front button once. In the past, when the batteries had auto-discharged, 3 lights would come on, with the fourth blinking. But now, I have been watching the batteries for two weeks and none of them have auto-discharged from full charge (all 4 lights on).

I think I read somewhere that pressing the front battery button resets the discharge schedule. If that is true, it would explain why my batteries never auto-discharge since I have been checking them every coouple of days.

Can anyone shed some light on this situation?
Thanks.

2021-12-13
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You are correct.  
2021-12-13
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Spot On !!
2021-12-13
Use props
fans42067501
lvl.2
Flight distance : 376657 ft
United States

Ah. OK. Thanks.
2021-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As posted above by pressing the front button of the said DJI Intelligent Flight Battery resets the discharge schedule. Thank you and have a nice day.
2021-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules